Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*** IC Master Promo Thread 2009 ***

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: PC Plat / US Gold / Hertz 5* / Avis First
Originally Posted by feelthecool
"If you are signed up for miles in your profile, you will only receive miles in your account and only for specific promotions that are related to miles."

Damn! I know I saw a couple of promos that specifically mentioned receiving miles in the normal ratio even though they were points promos, but as I don't have that level of detail for all of these promos I guess I should stick to points. Points sounds more fun anyway - these promos are crazy!
You are correct that there are a couple of promos that specifically say you can earn points or miles.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Radioman, can you correct the first post?

American Express MR - pls add Finland, transfers at the rate of 1 MR = 1 PC point

Diners Club - pls delete Finland, cannot transfer points to PC. DC Finland confirmed that since April 2008 it's not been possible (next update in April 2009)
Old Dec 27, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Question

Originally Posted by Radioman
2 For 1
Whether it's a special occasion or well-deserved treat, stay with us for 2 nights and pay for just 1, you can stay at one of hundreds of hotels around Europe including Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Express by Holiday Inn hotels. Don't forget - the earlier you book, the more choice you'll have!

2 nights for the price of 1, book now

Offer applicable for stays taken from 12th December 2008 up to 31st March 2009. This offer is available on the Best Flexible Rate. When booking your hotel please select 2 nights' accommodation - your discount will be applied automatically.

Click HERE for more info
Thanks for compiling these Radioman and everyone else who posts.

I've managed to take advantage of the 2 for 1 on an upcoming trip, but I'm getting strange results when I try at another location.

For Istanbul, HI Airport any Friday - Sunday stay in February 2009 is showing Exclusive 2 for 1 rates of €110 as the average nightly rates. When I click through to reserve it still shows as €110 per night = total €220 + tax.

Shouldn't this be €55 per night = total €110 + tax?

For reference the "Best Flexible Rate" is €110.

Anyone think this is a glitch or does Turkey not count as Europe in terms of this promotion (I don't see why the rate would show up at all if that were the case)?

Last edited by jbfield; Dec 27, 2008 at 4:48 pm
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by olegator
Any detailed info? thx
A friend emailed me the code without any further info.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Thanks again, Radioman!

That said, I'm not impressed with the point haul announced to date for 1Q 2009, assuming you only plan to stay 4 or 5 times. Much skimpier than 1Q 2008, despite an economy in the big time dumps. 5K points instead of 15K to stay 4 times, no 15K to stay 5 times at HI/HIX in North America (vs. the 4Q 2008 special promo), just 3K bonus points per 3 stays special promo (vs. Hyatt and Starwood's much more lucrative promos).
Old Dec 28, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Dan_the_Man
To my knowledge, all point/miles promotions conflict. If you are signed up for miles in your profile, you will only receive miles in your account and only for specific promotions that are related to miles. PC will not give you any credit for points promotions that you register for.
Not 100% true. I got a "1,000 points for next stay" and a 1500 point "New Mover Bonus" on a stay in October even though I'm signed up for NWA miles. I got points and miles for that stay. (The miles doubled under the Q4 double points/miles bonus.)

So a few points bonuses (apparently, just the simple ones) work for miles accounts. Not enough to get excited about, though.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by jbfield
Anyone think this is a glitch or does Turkey not count as Europe in terms of this promotion (I don't see why the rate would show up at all if that were the case)?
So much for that - the hotels is no longer showing rooms available with that rate type.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Australian Amex MR transfers to PC at the rate of 1000 MR = 600 PC. Once in a while they do bonuses, like for April-May 2008 you could get 1000 MR = 900 PC.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH, PC Amb, AVIS Plat....
Code 4803 : Stay 5, Get 10.000 Points

Last edited by bonebendz; Dec 29, 2008 at 11:20 pm
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:11 pm

Code 2100 : Staybridge Suites Stay 100 - Have no idea about the requirements.
Does anybody have any info about this one??
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: Northwest Gold Elite, Hertz 5 Star, Holiday Inn Platinum
Originally Posted by bonebendz
Code 2100 : Staybridge Suites Stay 100 - Have no idea about the requirements.
Does anybody have any info about this one??
It's an old one.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sb/...-sb100-_-pcrfo
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by ZeroTech
It's an old one.
Thanks, ZeroTech,
strange that I can still enroll....
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:38 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Thanks a lot, Radioman, for the continuing work on the Promo-thread! :-:

I've made this one sticky and did un-stick the 2008 thread.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: PC Plat / US Gold / Hertz 5* / Avis First
Originally Posted by bonebendz
Thanks, ZeroTech,
strange that I can still enroll....
Yes. You can enroll in promotions whether they are expired or not. The two you posted seem to be old/expired.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
didn't see this one yet

We are pleased to announce the Holiday Inn Club Vacations™ at Orange Lake Resort – Orlando as our newest addition to the Priority Club® Rewards Family of Brands.

Now for a limited time, you can earn 15,000 points on your first 3-night stay. That’s enough for a Free Night at many Holiday Inn® and Holiday Inn Express® hotels worldwide.

Now you have more reasons than ever to celebrate this season.

WHEN: Stay between January 4 and December 18, 2009

WHERE: Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort – Orlando

Here's the link, code is 6901:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...CV&secure=true

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.