Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*** IC Master Promo Thread 2009 ***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Delta Gold, UsAir Gold, IHG Plat
Keep posting updates, as you get them please. I have not tried to use mine yet.

Originally Posted by aljacket
I tried to use my card twice. Got rejected both times. Called AMEX they told me the card is for Hotels only, I explained the card reads "dinner & movie", they said "we will have someone call you". I called the Ambassador Service Desk, they told me "no sir, it is good for eating and theater establishments that take the Amex card". I explained my issues and what Amex told me, and the service desk said they would call me back. And no one has called me back.

Any thoughts.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dfmaus
Keep posting updates, as you get them please. I have not tried to use mine yet.
Here's the info on the card:
https://www.pointspot.com/Index.aspx...nd%20a%20movie
http://www.aeis.com/prod_daam.html
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Cool. Callaway golf web site has the wedges for $109 and $119.

So we can rely on the Gift Cards being similar to the web site plus the ~$6 shipping.

I think they have been very with with adding the shipping to the card. Get $53 somthing for the dozen balls which run $45 retail.

On the website that comes with the gift card you can purchase other items with the card, just pay any difference. You also get the promos on the site, such as buy a driver get a fairway wood for a $1.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: PC Amb, FB Gold, MP, SPG, HG, BA a.o.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jbfield
Did you stay at three ICs or other ICH Group Properties?
Yes, I stayed at the Intercontinental in Warsaw for 3 nights... AND as of 1 June I am Gold Ambassador...

Apparently they only do these changes on the 1st of the month.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 12:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
1 Voucher received today - though I have qualified for 2, and will have qualified for 3 once last week's stay finish posting..

you get yours all in one go or separately? How long ago did you complete the required stays?
I completed all my qualification stays separately in May for the whole 150 worth. They seemed to come about a week to ten days after each qualification and I received two 25 vouchers in each envelope.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 3:22 am

m and s vouchers/

Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Now we just have to decide what to spend them on...
u can flog them on ebay for about 90% face value- less ebay and paypal- or even spend them in store! dan
Old Jun 4, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
That's what my card looks like. It was only when I called AMEX and they told me "the reason you were denied is that the card is for hotels only".

I think my card was "initialized" as a hotel card. Not saying all of them are, just mine. Still nothing from ASC or Amex.

I FINALLY got a call back from the Ambassador desk. Their response was "it is good for dinner ..blah blah blah". I explained what Amex had told me. Response "it is good for dinner ..blah blah blah". I then asked to talk a manager or supervisor.

After 5 min of Muzak, I got to talked to the supervisor. She went with the same speech, but after a few rounds of back and forth she did the unthinkable. She took my gift card info and she would CALL AMEX .

She said it make take a day to clear this up and would call me back. In less than an hour, the phone range. Here is the deal:

Amex person told her what they told me, but she must have gotten the gift card vender on the phone as well. Here is what was determined (however not verified):

1) Amex customer service was confused.
2) The cards are only good at the places listed in soitgoes' post.
3) I was being reject because I went "out of network" so to speak.

Originally Posted by soitgoes

Last edited by aljacket; Jun 4, 2009 at 7:11 pm
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by aljacket
3) I was being reject because I went "out of network" so to speak.
Ya gotta read those materials that came with the card very carefully! Lotsa rules. See my post #1596
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:59 pm

Programs: RA
discount long stay

Hi all

some times I stay at some hotels 1 weeks or 2 weeksone month or more from than
Is there a discount code for the long stay?
thanks
Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No. However, if you are planning a long stay you should be trying to negotiate a special rate directly with the property.

Note that stays over 28 days (or is it 30 days?) do not qualify for points.

Also, of course, if you negotiate a special rate directly with the hotel then you would need to confirm with the hotel if you would get points or not.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 6:31 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Book 2 get 50% off 2nd Promo - Canada

Mostly specific HI locations but some Hilton. Radisson,BW,Delta

www.
gotucovered.ca

Book Two Nights and get 50% OFF your 2nd Night! PLUS Free breakfast for two

Terms and Conditions: Offer is available only at participating hotels listed. Promotion is valid from May 15th - September 14th, 2009. Rates listed are "starting from" per night based on 2 night minimum stay less 50% on second night. Rate adjustments will be made at checkout and may fluctuate, based on availability.

Rates are subject to applicable taxes and levies. Not applicable to groups and tournaments and not available with any other discounts or offers. Blackout dates may apply. Reservations can be made directly with the property, online, or through Travel Agents. Breakfast option is defined by full hot breakfast for 2 persons or continental breakfast for 2 persons.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
checkinnandwin

www.
checkinnandwin
.com

...now curious as to other what the other instant win prizes are ...Humm?[/QUOTE]

FYI......one guy won an IPOD but my haul this week was 1000 free pts + 2 free song downloads + luggage tags + 500 free pts.....so not too bad for a low end promo.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 5:10 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Not me that needed to read it, it was AmEx.

Even the Ambassador Service Desk Manager said "They (AmEx) are/were confused" (they even told her 'hotel only')

Originally Posted by WonderDude
Ya gotta read those materials that came with the card very carefully! Lotsa rules. See my post #1596
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: VS, BA, HHonours, IHG Rewards, Best Western
1,500 point next stay code

I dont know if this will work for others but my June PCR statement had a link to register for a 1,500 bonus point offer on the next stay within a 90 day period. The 90 days seem to start from when you register, not from the date of the statement. The promo code was 6205.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
1 Voucher received today - though I have qualified for 2, and will have qualified for 3 once last week's stay finish posting..

you get yours all in one go or separately? How long ago did you complete the required stays?
Do not care about the vouchers. They are on the system asa the stay posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.