Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AMDB7
Yes it was! The "7 Continents" made me laugh too!
The seventh might be the Moon (some guests seem to ask for in any occasion).
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I am here at the Le Grand using points and I can tell you that you get second class service using points. I have been PLT for almost 10 straight years and have been Ambassador for three, pretty loyal.

Nothing that one is use to is free! No internet, no breakfast, no club room etc. Then to boot a lousy really lousy room! My wife is Hyatt Diamond and on this trip while in Milan we got a room upgrade, free full breakfast for two each morning, a bottle of wine and a huge thank you!

We are checking out and going over to the Park Hyatt today!

When I return I will assure ICH that I will not renew my Ambassador status as well as look to change the way my company choses it's hotels.
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
My biggest pet peeve is that IHG doesn't treat you well on reward nights, that definitely puts them a notch down from other chains, for sure (Hyatt especially). Definitely agree with you on that point.

Hopefully they're working on solving that issue.
This is where IHG really needs to step up the game and make RA a real benefit for all that are RA's. Follow rules no matter what on benefits - just like Hilton does.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by mnredfox
This is where IHG really needs to step up the game and make RA a real benefit for all that are RA's. Follow rules no matter what on benefits - just like Hilton does.
Thank you and that was the point of my posts that as a long time PLT, an Ambassador using points in Europe for the first time I was extremely disappointed by what little we got versus Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott. We stayed at the Crown Plaza in Linate which advertises itself as an "airport hotel" yet they could not even print a boarding pass!

One would think that internet could at least be comp'd for PLT or A but no. We moved to the Park Hyatt on wife's Diamond status on points, last minute got a suite free breakfast and internet! AND they treated as if we were paying
Old Apr 15, 2012, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Edgewood is NOT ROyal Ambassador, but just Ambassador...
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Edgewood is NOT ROyal Ambassador, but just Ambassador...
Exactly. The expectations were set incorrectly here, and then the most benefits don't apply for reward stays anyway.

Wife getting a suite at the PH when staying on points, is probably once in a lifetime experience. Suites are not part of the Hyatt Diamond status unless on paid stays and then using points/upgrade certificates.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by holtju2
Exactly. The expectations were set incorrectly here, and then the most benefits don't apply for reward stays anyway.

Wife getting a suite at the PH when staying on points, is probably once in a lifetime experience. Suites are not part of the Hyatt Diamond status unless on paid stays and then using points/upgrade certificates.
There seems to be an underlying current here with regard to my opinion voiced here. This is a forum for honest opinions and as long as it stays away from being personal. Which I seemed to have caused some either personal reactions or an employee go ICH is responding.

One last time, I was just taken back by the lack of "benefits" nor the acknowledgment of status in anyway by the staff at the Grand, thats all. For years one of my favorite hotels was the Frankfurt ICH starting back in the early 70's.

As a lifetime Marriott PLT, my wife's Diamond status with Hyatt and the treatment we get with those chains abroad and my long time loyalty to ICH it just shocked me.

So let's all move on.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by edgewood49
One last time, I was just taken back by the lack of "benefits" nor the acknowledgment of status in anyway by the staff at the Grand.
I don't understand why you were surprised about this? It's stated clearly in the IC Ambassador rules, written about here in this thread (if you scroll up) and if you pick up the phone and call the hotel they will tell you the same thing. It is well known that this is the way the program works.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't understand why you were surprised about this? It's stated clearly in the IC Ambassador rules, written about here in this thread (if you scroll up) and if you pick up the phone and call the hotel they will tell you the same thing. It is well known that this is the way the program works.
Exactly right stimpy. I agree with the OP that we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I certainly don't agree with his opinions. Why he would be expecting anything other than the stated benefits is a bit beyond me really, especially as he got a reasonable upgrade too. And why he's getting a bit upset because we don't all agree with him is also a bit perplexing - I thought it all seemed quite civil here.

To my mind, it's people like this that drive DOWN benefits at properties by constantly demanding more than they are entitled to - or at least complainig about what they get. And, for the record, I like the inconsistencies in the RA/PC programs; it works to my advantage most times, but never to my disadvantage. (I quite often receive more than I am entitled to, but I never receive less).

And as nicolas75 pointed out, it's not even as though he's an RA. No snobbery intended, but at least he would then be a top-tier elite. But even that wouldn't really give him the grounds for the grumbles that he has about his treatment.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Wasn't it Six Continents?

Perhaps s/he stayed somewhere in the 7th continent and didn't like it.
Originally Posted by submonte
... visit the places like Polidor (no reservation possible/a recommendation card by conciergelegrand after a phone call of him, and sitting at a table with many foreigners in a real and very full of live athmosphere) ...
Please let's try and keep this place a secret. We used it a lot in the past, especially when staying in the Luxembourg area. You've reminded me I need to go again.

It seems they have more tourists now, in spite of being cash only (no credit cards) and having squat toilets. And you don't need a recommendation card, though that might be useful to find the place.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG Platium, PC Ambassador & Platium, Aeroplan Elite
Originally Posted by stimpy
I am a bit confused here about the Ambassador rules. We should get late check-out and 1 category room upgrade even on Reward Points, correct?

By the way, this is the publish benefit on the IC website.

What are the benefits of InterContinental Ambassador status?

InterContinental Ambassador status holders are entitled to higher levels of recognition valid only at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. Members will receive the following benefits at InterContinental brand hotels:

▪ Upgrade to a superior room
▪ Priority waitlist reservations
▪ Late checkout until 4:00 pm
▪ Instant check-in
▪ Instant checkout
▪ Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate upon enrollment and renewal
▪ Fresh fruit and mineral water upon arrival
▪ VIP greeting and in-room welcome gift
▪ One free pay TV movie per stay (where available)
▪ Complimentary standard newspaper delivered to members' room every day
▪ Airport chauffeur service (at published rate)
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You need to read the small print of the T&C's ....
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Roger

Perhaps s/he stayed somewhere in the 7th continent and didn't like it.Please let's try and keep this place a secret. We used it a lot in the past, especially when staying in the Luxembourg area. You've reminded me I need to go again.

It seems they have more tourists now, in spite of being cash only (no credit cards) and having squat toilets. And you don't need a recommendation card, though that might be useful to find the place.
Ok let´s keep it secret There were both tourists and locals. The quality of food was good (not "touristic"). We were placed at a table with an Austrian family, daughter married in Paris, her husband a Parisien who choose the location. Yes still cash only since 1845 And we did not use the recommendation card but kept it as a souvenir
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wallease
I am a bit confused here about the Ambassador rules. We should get late check-out and 1 category room upgrade even on Reward Points, correct?

By the way, this is the publish benefit on the IC website.

What are the benefits of InterContinental Ambassador status?

InterContinental Ambassador status holders are entitled to higher levels of recognition valid only at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. Members will receive the following benefits at InterContinental brand hotels:

▪ Upgrade to a superior room
▪ Priority waitlist reservations
▪ Late checkout until 4:00 pm
▪ Instant check-in
▪ Instant checkout
▪ Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate upon enrollment and renewal
▪ Fresh fruit and mineral water upon arrival
▪ VIP greeting and in-room welcome gift
▪ One free pay TV movie per stay (where available)
▪ Complimentary standard newspaper delivered to members' room every day
▪ Airport chauffeur service (at published rate)
"when staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.".
Old Apr 16, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: All of the above
"Free internet applies to InterContinentalRoyal Ambassador members only and is valid on all bookings except Reward Nights."
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:45 am

Just checked my booking on points for staying over the weekend, showed up "Superior Room", not sure what kind of room will that be..

But I guess I have to pay for internet, club access,minibars and everything..

first time need to pay for those stuff after being a RA. All my other IC stays are all provided full RA benefits even on points or PB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.