FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:05 am
AMDB7

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't understand why you were surprised about this? It's stated clearly in the IC Ambassador rules, written about here in this thread (if you scroll up) and if you pick up the phone and call the hotel they will tell you the same thing. It is well known that this is the way the program works.
Exactly right stimpy. I agree with the OP that we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I certainly don't agree with his opinions. Why he would be expecting anything other than the stated benefits is a bit beyond me really, especially as he got a reasonable upgrade too. And why he's getting a bit upset because we don't all agree with him is also a bit perplexing - I thought it all seemed quite civil here.

To my mind, it's people like this that drive DOWN benefits at properties by constantly demanding more than they are entitled to - or at least complainig about what they get. And, for the record, I like the inconsistencies in the RA/PC programs; it works to my advantage most times, but never to my disadvantage. (I quite often receive more than I am entitled to, but I never receive less).

And as nicolas75 pointed out, it's not even as though he's an RA. No snobbery intended, but at least he would then be a top-tier elite. But even that wouldn't really give him the grounds for the grumbles that he has about his treatment.