Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:36 am

Programs: F
Sigh. Sorry I mentioned it again.

Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by redshift27
Sigh. Sorry I mentioned it again.

Hold out your hand - time for a slap!!

Goonerfish summed it up very nicely nicely methinks.
I received a great price for Paris from a virtuoso agent. There's no ruse behind me saying this, and I receive no favours/payments/anything else from saying it.

After discussions with the same agent, I didn't use the virtuoso rate for IC Park Lane or IC Bali, and didn't go to the Oberoi Bali as suggested, as it didn't work out best for me - and instead used F&F rate in IC Bali, and AP in London.

Virtuoso is great for some travel needs, and not for others. It happens that the rates for IC Paris are particularly keen - and have been significantly cheaper than adding on club whenever I've checked.

Obviously, they're not THE BEST price that's ever been gained by anyone, but for many people it seems to be that it offers good VFM at this particular property. Good for them I say, and long may it continue (at least until after I've had the chance to use it again!!!)
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by markdg
and AP in London.
Senior moment. AP?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:35 am

Senior moment. AP?
Advance Purchase
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:50 am

Advance Purchase
I don't know that scheme, how do I get membership?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:59 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Goonerfish summed it up very nicely nicely methinks.
As did you markdg.
To claim I am running a ruse on someone here, after my many years of FT posts and assistance really is out of line. Heck, at least I add something to most of the threads on the various forums I follow. Many TAs just chime in for any reason to promote their value add, without really knowing anything about anything.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:22 pm

I don't know that scheme, how do I get membership?
It's not a scheme - it's the non-refundable rate you can book from the PC website up to 21 days (I believe) in advance of the booking.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:26 am

AMB Upgrades?

I was wondering: if I make an award booking on PC points for a Superior Room, would buying into Ambasssador status upgrade me to a better room? IC's pages show ostensibly conflicting information (one page says AMB status allows complimentary upgrade TO a Superior Room; another just says complimentary upgrades), and I have not found a definitive answer in this thread or elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by andysiz
if I make an award booking on PC points for a Superior Room, would buying into Ambasssador status upgrade me to a better room?
It works the other way around: first you need to buy Ambassador membership, then make a reservation. Otherwise they could not bother to verify your actual status.

Recently they definitely went downhill with Ambassador benefits, but you still should get a one-level upgrade.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:04 pm

Edit: Perhaps it's a YMMV situation, but dug up in the T&C: "...When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages. Ambassadors are charged Single Rate for Double Room Occupancy." Oh well.

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
It works the other way around: first you need to buy Ambassador membership, then make a reservation. Otherwise they could not bother to verify your actual status.

Recently they definitely went downhill with Ambassador benefits, but you still should get a one-level upgrade.
Thanks @paulmoscow. So to precise: I will sign up for Ambassador status today, wait a few days for it to process, then book my reward room (designated as a Superior Room) and I *should* get a 1-level upgrade from Superior to whatever is considered 1 level higher.

Thanks again!

Last edited by andysiz; Jun 17, 2011 at 3:04 pm
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: All of the above
Going to the Le Grand Thursday as Ambassador. Last visit 2 years ago I was RA. I know there are computers in the Club (have club privileges booked), but does anyone know if there is free wireless? I remember wired in our room, no recall of lobby etc. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by flylinda
Going to the Le Grand Thursday as Ambassador. Last visit 2 years ago I was RA. I know there are computers in the Club (have club privileges booked), but does anyone know if there is free wireless? I remember wired in our room, no recall of lobby etc. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, no free wireless in the Club or lobby, unless things have changed recently which I doubt. I think if you buy internet in your room you can use those credentials on the club wifi though. Internet is free for RA's of course.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: All of the above
Thanks Stimpy...I remember those RA days too well!!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by flylinda
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
If I am not mistaken all they have is a junky on TV service vs WIFI or wired HSIA.
IIRC there is no wifi in the sleeping rooms, and I don't recall "seeing" it in the lounge either.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
IIRC there is no wifi in the sleeping rooms
We just stayed in the Capucines wing (as always at Le Grand in a court facing room) and WiFi worked adequately near windows. It came either from the club lounge or ground floor lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.