Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fred8ab
I'm only not sure if the stuff in front of me know that this is as well PC Plat
Are you suggesting that the staff remained stonily indifferent to your Elite status.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Can anybody confirm this property's email address? Their website lists it as [email protected]. However, I've tried it twice and it's bounced straight back. I contacted Priority Club and they insist this is the correct address.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
I've stayed at this property twice now for a week. IC/CP is not my choice but that is what work booked for me. No upgrade of any kind, but our corp rate includes breakfast, wifi, gym, and a Jerusalem tour which I wasn't able to take due to timing.

Overall the CP Azrieli City Centre is decent, but there are many annoyances: wifi access granted by codes on cards which expire almost daily which is a huge PITA having to queue at the desk for them. The front desk is understaffed which means long waits for anything including phone queries.

Standard rooms are fine. The blazing lights outside are not and require creative arrangements of the curtains to block it out.

The breakfast is Kosher, which although I identify as a Jew, is gross. Powdered reconstituted eggs, a spread of loathsome fish parts, sweet buns and crap like that.

There is a grocery store across the roadway in the mall that offers the basics, for me that was wine and bottled water. You can also buy crappy clothes and a blech for Shabbat if you really need that.

The gym would be OK if it wasn't for the blasting music from the aerobics room. You can hear it while riding the elevator. Insanely loud.

Dining options are scarce: the hotel restaurant is pretty good, and there's a place in the mall called Papagaio that's good if you like meat. On Shabbat skip the hilariously overpriced hotel buffet and walk a few blocks to Dixie's. I made that mistake the first time. Don't do it!

The problem I have with this hotel is it's really not near anything of interest. It's a long walk for example to the Dizengoff St shops and further to the beach. There is a shuttle van every two hours to the CP property on the beach which helps.

Basically if you don't need easy access to the mall or highway, stay elsewhere. Oh and never, ever, get on the Shabbat elevator, goyim. It'll take 45 minutes to get to your floor.

Last edited by born sleepy; Jan 27, 2012 at 10:02 pm
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
born sleepy

Wouldn't you agree it is a blah run of the mill CP for business travelers?
Not the worst as described, but relatively new and clean.

Not a destination hotel, like say the CP on the ocean where you would find that short walk to shopping or the boardwalk as I mentioned.

On the other hand, I like staying above a modern shopping mall, being walking distance to the train, a 3 minute ride to business destinations in town and across the street from a Ministry of the Interior office. Oh, and next to the on ramp for the Ayalon (north south highway).

The store opposite is almost a complete supermarket, where you can buy exotic Israeli treats like Cherrios, Oreos, Coca Cola, Pringles, fresh fruit, milk (my room had a fridge) as well as shirts.

Having stayed throughout Europe, I would hardly say free wifi is anything to complain about. That the black out curtain in the room only work when closed is a tip to remember. Also an elevator that states in 3 or 4 languages that it stops on every floor on shabbat (saturday)will indeed stop on every floor on shabbat.

fred, Ambassador Platinum and Holiday Inn Platinum are not the same thing.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Hi Thumper. I'm back at the CP Azrieli. Not by choice. I hate this hotel. But it is where my employer insists I stay when in TLV.

The only thing that's changed is the internet access. No more code-cards. Instead, you must enter a B-Zone password every 3-12-952 random minutes. Convenience!

The blackout curtain would be OK if the 25,000kW lamps outside were turned off at a reasonable hour. Oh and the shabbat elevator doesn't exactly blare a warning nor is there any written info. I've had goyim colleagues stuck on it. So you can stick that advice right in your ear.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:27 pm
Used to be highman123

My review with lots of pictures of the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center on my blog is here:

http://www.tjacobi.com/13232755/crow...ter_review.php

I really liked the place!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Hi Thumper. I'm back at the CP Azrieli. Not by choice. I hate this hotel. But it is where my employer insists I stay when in TLV.

The only thing that's changed is the internet access. No more code-cards. Instead, you must enter a B-Zone password every 3-12-952 random minutes. Convenience!

The blackout curtain would be OK if the 25,000kW lamps outside were turned off at a reasonable hour. Oh and the shabbat elevator doesn't exactly blare a warning nor is there any written info. I've had goyim colleagues stuck on it. So you can stick that advice right in your ear.
I gave sincere advice and have seen no contradictions about whether the sabbath elevator is labeled or not by anyone other than you in the 14 month since I made that post.

Based on the language of your posts - "goyim colleagues" and "stick it in your ear" remark, you sound like the kind of person I could see strangers going out of their way to direct to a shabbat elevator.

Highman123, good review.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My full review of this property staying in a Studio Suite with Club lounge access is available in my report here: The End of the A340-600: Iberia Business to the Holy Land
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:10 pm

With no status (just membership), upgraded one step to some "executive" room with a desk. Fairly basic business-style room, but a nice shower and good view from the 22nd floor. They have something where you can order your choice of 4 different pillow-styles, though I was fine with the default ones.

Breakfast buffet back to normal operation -- pretty average by Israeli breakfast standards which still blows away US hotel buffets. The fresh-squeezed orange juice machine was a nice touch.

As always, the location is not the beach, but conveniently attached to:
- The Arzaeli mall -- fairly large shopping mall, with a food court.
- An israeli supermarket
- An outdoor bar area with some food options
- Quick < 5 minute walk through the mall to a train station & bus terminal
- One stop away from the main Tel Aviv train station.

Slightly longer walking distance (~10 min) to the Sarona market, with tons of food & drink options.

They did offer shuttles to the beach (presumably to the beach Crowne Plaza) on about a 1hr interval, though I didn't try it out.

Wifi was open, without even a password or splash screen to click "accept" on, or anything. Just connect&go. So that seems to be a nice improvement over previous posts on this thread.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by bost
As always, the location is not the beach, but conveniently attached to:
- The Arzaeli mall -- fairly large shopping mall, with a food court.
- An israeli supermarket

Wifi was open, without even a password or splash screen to click "accept" on, or anything. Just connect&go. So that seems to be a nice improvement over previous posts on this thread.
Looks like I'll be back next week, unless I can convince Boss to pop for a beach hotel. Last time I was there, the supermarket was gutted out and closed. So that's good. And so is the wifi situation!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:24 pm

Back again. The rooms have not changed in over ten years. Shower still leaks a lot of water on the floor. The grocery store is back, yay. Housekeeping is still sloppy. Maybe you'll get towels, maybe not.

IHG elite recognition is better; got a bigger corner room and lounge access, though I had to remind FD of my status. Previously they were very stingy. Maybe the new One Rewards program requires better compliance?

At any rate, this place needs a renovation and a power wash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.