Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye ICH Group

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by IC6A
I have several friends who were RA. Since two years ago, one by one, disqualified. Only me still kept going...
Yet the Guest Relations manager at a "honey-pot" IC was saying that while RA guests were relatively rare beasts some years' back, the hotel can get overwhelmed by them these days.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 4:02 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yet the Guest Relations manager at a "honey-pot" IC was saying that while RA guests were relatively rare beasts some years' back, the hotel can get overwhelmed by them these days.
So what you are trying to say? That you know everything in IC? Please. Grow up. I tell what I know personally, and that is what happened.

If you want a penny on what you described. Because there are many people selling thrie RA referals on Ebay. And did you notice last three years back till now there are more referals available on E-bay? You must have done since you are know-everything guy.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by IC6A
So what you are trying to say? That you know everything in IC? Please. Grow up.......And did you notice last three years back till now there are more referals available on E-bay? You must have done since you are know-everything guy.
Wow! not sure what i said to shake this chap up so much - but abject apologies for whatever it was, and a diplomatic withdrawal from the discussion. I don't want a coronary on my conscience!
Old Dec 20, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: RA
Dear
Hang on a second ...
I Try Many Of Loyalty Programs
I am sure You will not find the rival To IHG Hotels Programs
You Are Will return again To ''Priority club'' Loyalty Programs
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:22 am

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, PC Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Staying mostly at "upper upscale" properties, e.g. IC, Westin, Grand Hyatt, I, too, think the RA program offers the best benefits. Late check-out and early check-in - and the minibar is indeed another aspect.
Totally agreed! RA can really get your a lot of benefits, perks and respect !

I don;t stay at IHG hotels often, but I have travelled with my friends who's a RA, the stays were really good compared to SPG Platinum.

I was thinking of switching to IHG, but the only hotel I like in IHG is IC, I like many of the SPG brands. I think it's more for business people.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
IHG departure

I think thats it for us, I have booked with SPG in HKT,BKK, and SYD for this year.
The IC in BKK is way too expensive. The Plaza Le Meridien is our choice and a CLUB room as well for C$128 per night and breakfast can be had in the Restaurant or the lounge.
In Sydney we are getting the one night free rate as well with lounge access. The IC in Sydney is ridiculously priced.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If you find ICs expensive, don't even consider Hyatts outside NAmerica!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Au Revoir IHG

Well, I think the regular Hyatt's are not as bad as the Park Hyatt's or whatever they call them.

I like SPG's free night offers and for the Lounge access rooms.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I think thats it for us, I have booked with SPG in HKT,BKK, and SYD for this year.
The IC in BKK is way too expensive. The Plaza Le Meridien is our choice and a CLUB room as well for C$128 per night and breakfast can be had in the Restaurant or the lounge.
In Sydney we are getting the one night free rate as well with lounge access. The IC in Sydney is ridiculously priced.
Yes I agree that IC Bangkok and Sydney are too expensive. But I don't think that's enough to leave the chain entirely, unless those are the only hotels you ever stay at.

I've stayed at several ICs that are great value, especially taking into account Point Breaks and BOGOs.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Of course, the Ambassador amenity at the IC Bangkok is a 50ml bottle of Hermes men's cologne which retails for about $120, so you might consider the rate a relative bargain if this is one of the scents you favour.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Of course, the Ambassador amenity at the IC Bangkok is a 50ml bottle of Hermes men's cologne which retails for about $120, so you might consider the rate a relative bargain if this is one of the scents you favour.
I have to say that I do like that cologne, but is it given to Gold Ambasaddors as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.