Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does 1-night reservation cancellation penalty earn points?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Does 1-night reservation cancellation penalty earn points?

On rates where there is a 1-night cancellation penalty for canceling too close to the reservation's starting night, when that 1-night penalty is assessed, does it earn points? (Even better, does it earn points as being equivalent to having stayed that first night?) I didn't do it on purpose, but I forgot to cancel a reservation until it was too late; and it'll be at least a little bit of silver lining if I'll earn the corresponding points for the spend.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:34 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
i dont think so.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
I didn't earn stay points when this happened to me, but I did earn some bonus points. It's been a couple of years, and I don't remember what the bonus offer was. Good luck!
Kate
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Based on what I have read here in the past, no. Otherwise you could earn status and points by booking the cheapest reservations available anywhere in the world, and not showing up.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Originally Posted by djk7
Based on what I have read here in the past, no. Otherwise you could earn status and points by booking the cheapest reservations available anywhere in the world, and not showing up.
I see your point, but if the cancellation fee earned points as if it was qualifying spending in a hotel restaurant, rather than as a qualifying night stay, then my $xxx cancellation fee at some random hotel somewhere is just as profitable to Priority Club (& ICHG) as the same $xxx spend at my local Holiday Inn's restaurant....

(God knows I don't need any more qualifying nights....)
Old Dec 14, 2007, 8:16 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
No..it doesnt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.