Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 of 2008 bonus promotion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Thumper
Not unusual for there to be a gap in promo dates.

Radioman, how about locking this thread, per our recent discussion on ways to streamline the forum?
Sorry for your inconvenience. How should I do to delete this thread by myself? cause I think it's belong to 2008 promotion..
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
Sorry for your inconvenience. How should I do to delete this thread by myself? cause I think it's belong to 2008 promotion..
Don't worry! You don't need to delete anything.

Your new thread for this 2008 promo is perfectly fine, as the current sticky "master" promo thread explicitly states 2007 in the title.

Thank You for the promo info. ^
Old Dec 10, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by holtju2
Radioman is not a mod so he cannot do anything. This thread should not be locked but rather merged with the sticky thread where this promo was posted first anyway.
The OP's posting is appropriate in my view. I'd rather see the Promo thread limited to postings by Radioman. He is extremely efficient at keeping it up to date and it is never more than a few days behind. I'd like to see the discussion posted elsewhere as it is a hurculean task sometimes to fight your way through the relevant and irrelevant when in the main thread. As one example, how many times in the main thread is it necessary to have a discussion about whether the stay x get 10K promos are mutually exclusive? I accept no approach is perfect.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Don't worry! You don't need to delete anything.

Your new thread for this 2008 promo is perfectly fine, as the current sticky "master" promo thread explicitly states 2007 in the title.

Thank You for the promo info. ^
Hi AJLondon

Just to make everyone aware it also clearly states that there are promos for 2008 and to look further down the page, just in case some folk dont know that.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
The OP's posting is appropriate in my view. I'd rather see the Promo thread limited to postings by Radioman. He is extremely efficient at keeping it up to date and it is never more than a few days behind. I'd like to see the discussion posted elsewhere as it is a hurculean task sometimes to fight your way through the relevant and irrelevant when in the main thread. As one example, how many times in the main thread is it necessary to have a discussion about whether the stay x get 10K promos are mutually exclusive? I accept no approach is perfect.
Hi
Well first of all thank you. Next the 2008 edition will be coming out shortly but since I cant lock it as I am not a mod or put it on a sticky then I would have to co-ordinate the new thread with the current mods on this forum.

As for the discussions somewhere else, well, I agree and I dont agree. I like the idea that I can start checking from the last UPDATE post I have made then go thru each page and find the relevant information for other codes that people post.

If the debate was moved into the main thread then I think it would become very cluttered and would need moderation with threads to be merged etc etc. I would love to help out with that but will have to wait and see when the next request for moderators will go out for this forum.

Anyway folks, lets get somethings sorted out now with this promo. Here is some very good advice from a PC Points Slut, now you dont have to take my advice but if you want to maximise this promo then read on.

1st rule, never stay at the same hotel for more than two nights in a row. So if your in Dublin for more than 2 nights, then:

Book into CP Dublin for 1st night = normal points plus gold/plat
Book into HIx Dublin for 2nd night = 4k bonus plus normal points plus gold/plat
Book into CP Dublin for 3rd night = normal points plus gold/plat
Book into HIX Dublin for 4th night = 4k bonus plus normal points plus gold/plat

So from that 4 night stay I will earn:

8000 bonus points
5000 for plat stay at the CP (2 nights)
4000 for plat stay at the HIX (2 nights)

17000 total points for nights stay (without any new member bonus etc).

Now to show you how bad it is, if you stay for a week at a place you will get no bonus, if you then stay at another hotel for a week you get your 4k, but if you had 8 nights booked during those two weeks you could in fact earn 16k of points.

So it will not take long to reach the 40k bonus but only if your prepared to move around, it all depends on how you feel about moving hotels etc.

Anyway, another 40k bonus would go down well for my account
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: *wood Plat, PC Plat RA, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Registed, thx for posting.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi
Well first of all thank you. Next the 2008 edition will be coming out shortly but since I cant lock it as I am not a mod or put it on a sticky then I would have to co-ordinate the new thread with the current mods on this forum.

As for the discussions somewhere else, well, I agree and I dont agree. I like the idea that I can start checking from the last UPDATE post I have made then go thru each page and find the relevant information for other codes that people post.

If the debate was moved into the main thread then I think it would become very cluttered and would need moderation with threads to be merged etc etc. I would love to help out with that but will have to wait and see when the next request for moderators will go out for this forum.

Anyway folks, lets get somethings sorted out now with this promo. Here is some very good advice from a PC Points Slut, now you dont have to take my advice but if you want to maximise this promo then read on.

1st rule, never stay at the same hotel for more than two nights in a row. So if your in Dublin for more than 2 nights, then:

8000 bonus points

Now to show you how bad it is, if you stay for a week at a place you will get no bonus, if you then stay at another hotel for a week you get your 4k, but if you had 8 nights booked during those two weeks you could in fact earn 16k of points.

So it will not take long to reach the 40k bonus but only if your prepared to move around, it all depends on how you feel about moving hotels etc.

Radioman, you are a true PC points slut

But how am I gonna explain all the hops between hotels to my employer who pays the bills for my PC points
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:06 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Just registered...thanks a lot!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by mapu

But how am I gonna explain all the hops between hotels to my employer who pays the bills for my PC points
Hi
Just tell them the truth.......... They will think your totaly and utterly mad
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mapu

Here's what you do. Let's say there are 2 (or 3) IC, HI, HIX hotels in the city you need to travel to. Both have acceptable rates for your expense report. Stay the first night at the hotel that has the higher rate of the two. Second night at the lower rate hotel. If asked, just say you were trying to save the company a few bucks by moving around. If asked why you didn't stay both nights at the second hotel, say it was an availability issue. If you have to, move back on the third night. After a while, no one cares as long as the rates are in line.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:27 am

Just registered. Thanks a lot for posting! Have not yet
received anything from Priority Club about this in my
e-mail!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 6:54 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador
I Hope one day to become a perfect points slut like you guys !

Thanks again for the pointers.

Mark
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
That's great. Just signed up for this. Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi

8000 bonus points

Just wondering, wouldnt you also get the 10k for 4 nights stay, if they are within Q1? So like this your Dublin example would sum up to 27k points with plat bonus. Or am I missing something?

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by aquaguy
Just wondering, wouldnt you also get the 10k for 4 nights stay, if they are within Q1? So like this your Dublin example would sum up to 27k points with plat bonus. Or am I missing something?

Cheers
aquaguy
Hi Aquaguy

Yes I would also get the Stay get 10k (if it will let me register for it). So my days would earn me a nice little bundle of points, but, I would also eat at the resturant in the hotel, use the mini-bar, internet and with any luck might take the total upto a nice 30k. Half way to renewing Plat for 2008

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.