Original Poster

Luggage Tags

Is this a joke?

http://cgi.ebay.com/InterContinental...QQcmdZViewItem

"Very hard to get!

Donīt miss out this oppurunity!
Everybody will look after - feel like a star ......"
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:25 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
"0 bids"

'nuff said.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 5:39 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by rollingby
Everybody will look after - feel like a star ......"
.... and that's only Amb! Just imagine what miracles happen when you pull out your RA tags ...
Old Jul 9, 2007, 6:20 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
.... and that's only Amb! Just imagine what miracles happen when you pull out your RA tags ...
I lost every year the RA luggage tag. Maybe I will found them on ebay soon.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Don't laugh ... some twerps engaged in a bidding war for two Centurion luggage tags from the same German seller ... I fell out of may chair to see they sold for $179.50 ... plus $10 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250117890298

And some other ahole bought ... for 1 Euro + 4 Euro shipping, a directory of Priority Pass lounges which he could get for free.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250120305044

P.T. Barnum was right! A new sucker IS born every minute.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Don't you wish eBay would have a section of the offering page that allows comments to be made? Not to mention a monitor for misleading information such as all the Ambassador membership details being linked to the tags in question...

Not only is there a sucker born every minute, but they actually answer those emails from Nigeria and send their money! Then complain to the FBI...
Old Jul 9, 2007, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Don't you wish eBay would have a section of the offering page that allows comments to be made? Not to mention a monitor for misleading information such as all the Ambassador membership details being linked to the tags in question...

Not only is there a sucker born every minute, but they actually answer those emails from Nigeria and send their money! Then complain to the FBI...
Well ... you CAN report such listings to eBay about potential listing violations. I do it all the time and occasionally the item gets removed, the seller gets suspended, past auctions are null and void. This includes people selling SWUs, mileage certificates and the like, which constitute violations of eBay's Ts and Cs (because transferring them in exchange for $ constitutes a potential violation of the airlines' Ts and Cs'). But other times I've reported, nada. But one can only perservere.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...selection.html

I have also received unsolicited emails from other eBay members, warning me or informing me, when I have bid on what turned out to be suspect or improperly-described merchandise. I very much appreciated said warnings. The eBay community was once much more of a community, and people did this all the time.

Today, I am not sure if such "vigilate-ism" would constitute harrassment of the seller, but I can't see how anyone would be doing any harm if they sent an email to the bidder of such an item. "I notice you are bidding on this luggage tag. Not sure if you're aware, but this is an old luggage tag; the new ones look different: <link>. And frankly, the luggage tag itself does not confer any of the privileges described in the listing; the clerk will check your status and only give you Ambassador privileges if, in fact, you have purchased Ambassador status. On the other hand, if you are a collector of luggage tags and have no intention of using them, nor expectation that they will confer any privileges, no worries. In fact, I have a half-dozen of these tags that I find useless, and if you send me a mailing address, I'd be happy to send them to you as a luggage collector, for free."

Seems to me the suckers who would buy or bid on one of these are:
a) misinformed, in which case they should be set straight,
b) collectors of luggage tags, in which case they should get a life, or
c) people who think that this will impress their coworkers, chicks or neighbors. Reminds me of the idiots who would spend $100 to buy a plastic fake "car phone" and drive around pretending to talk on it (in the days a car phone cost $1000). GMAFB.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 10:16 am
uk1
Suspended

have you seen what else he is selling ......

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkaufrauscherlebnis

........... but even more bizarrely - look at what people have bought from him!

http://myworld.ebay.com/kaufrauscherlebnis/

.......from the look at this - he looks like he is "spoofing up" his recs.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 10:29 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
wow are you the police ??

Well ... you CAN report such listings to eBay about potential listing violations. I do it all the time and occasionally the item gets removed, the seller gets suspended, past auctions are null and void. This includes people selling SWUs, mileage certificates and the like, which constitute violations of eBay's Ts and Cs (because transferring them in exchange for $ constitutes a potential violation of the airlines' Ts and Cs'). But other times I've reported, nada. But one can only perservere.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...selection.html
its ebay , and everybody can sell whatever they want.

i managed to sell my used and broken centurion tags at ebay...

so what?

and i have sold a my RA box at ebay , it was nice getting 20usd for that box, i posted it as a joke and someone really paid me 20usd + shipping.

person was a collector of membership kit boxes and was quite happy to get the RA kit box, as these never show up on ebay usually

i dont think that people are browsing through ebay without looking for something.

people who buy an ambassador kit have read about it , do an ebay search and than buy it.

the reasons they buy it, or the reason why the seller is selling it , or the price is NONE of your business i think!

these days, before i through something away i post it on ebay and 90% of the things are finding someone ...
Old Jul 10, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by derpelikan
and i have sold a my RA box at ebay , it was nice getting 20usd for that box, i posted it as a joke and someone really paid me 20usd + shipping.
And to think I've been throwing away my RA boxes!
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
And to think I've been throwing away my RA boxes!

Gee, I think I've got about a half-dozen of them, RA and A, including a new one that arrived this morning.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
maybe

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Gee, I think I've got about a half-dozen of them, RA and A, including a new one that arrived this morning.
we could make this guys business harder with all our boxes

haha

dp
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:07 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Thanks for your invaluable infos just in time before my waste paper bin is emptied ... must hurry to get back my precious RA box
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:23 am

ebay

Thanks for your invaluable infos just in time before my waste paper bin is emptied ... must hurry to get back my precious RA box
GET ONE original ROYAL AMBASSADOR KIT.

only 5% of IC best customers get awarded RA.

YOU ARE bidding on two (yes two !) RA tags and the whole RA kit (without any vouchers).

DONT MISS THIS great chance and start bidding from only 59 USD

MUhahahaaaa
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
But isn't that the joy of Ebay ?

I can't see any situation which would persuade me to put RA luggage tags on my bags, but some nice chap in Virginia bought mine off me for $10 AND paid the postage^. He's happy, I'm happy and Ebay gets its cut of happiness, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.