Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Intercontinental Tokyo (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by dsantos08
I booked a rewards night stay for 2 nights from the IHG app at the ANA Intercontinental Tokyo.

However under the reservation details, it is showing as "2 single beds classic non smoking". Is there any ways to request a single queen or king bed?

Also as a platinum elite, what are the chances of an upgrade? Probably slim right?
Just a data point for your reference based on my stay in Dec 2016. I booked two rooms under my name - one on revenue and one under award for my family members. The revenue room was upgraded. However, was told that the other room is under award points and no upgrade will be provided. However, they provided a choice of a welcome drink chip or 600 welcome points each for the award and revenue based room.

However, I think if you drop them an email to put in a request for a queen size bed, they will likely to accommodate subject to room availability.

Have an enjoyable stay!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
Just a data point for your reference based on my stay in Dec 2016. I booked two rooms under my name - one on revenue and one under award for my family members. The revenue room was upgraded. However, was told that the other room is under award points and no upgrade will be provided. However, they provided a choice of a welcome drink chip or 600 welcome points each for the award and revenue based room.

However, I think if you drop them an email to put in a request for a queen size bed, they will likely to accommodate subject to room availability.

Have an enjoyable stay!
Except Award nights are for a room for 2ppn , so if only the oft Japan tiny single(ish) room, I'd push back for a propper double room.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Raynyan
If you are just a platinum elite, probably you will not receive an upgrade.
Coz this hotel is strictly followed T&Cs and now under the renovation work.
I recently was upgraded as gold (!) elite. Nevertheless, I'm not disputing your comment, I stayed there only once so I'm just talking a single data point.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by .flyer
I recently was upgraded as gold (!) elite. Nevertheless, I'm not disputing your comment, I stayed there only once so I'm just talking a single data point.
Let me confirm is it the Reward Night or paid stay? I mentioned about the Reward Night.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I guess it depends on the occupancy rates of the hotel at that point in time as well. For me for the last few stays in Y2016/7, when I book the basic room (paid booking), as RA, I get upgraded to Premier rooms with lounge access. But there are also instances where I get lucky and get upgraded to Junior Suite with lounge access.

They may work like airlines where if they need to upgrade someone, possibly the one with status will get the upgrade over someone who doesn't has status. Just my guess.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:53 am
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by hclee01

Have an enjoyable stay!
I sent them an email. And this is the response I got. Hopefully it works!

"Warmest Greetings from ANA InterContinental Tokyo.
Thank you for your contact.

Regarding to your email, your original reservation is run of the house which depends on availability.
We just noted your request. ( Not guarantee )
We will do our best.

We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel soon."
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:50 am

Anyone here who know the hotel really well?

23 floor rooms, are executive rooms or premier rooms?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by 336
Anyone here who know the hotel really well?

23 floor rooms, are executive rooms or premier rooms?
23rd Floor room is the Executive Deluxe category.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:37 pm

I was in a Premier room last week on 29th floor. Had booked an Exec to begin with...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:40 pm

Stayed here recently cause I have 2 free night cert that is expiring soon that I wish to use. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the room. Furnishing looks old and the room looks very basic. I am a Hilton person normally so did not stay in a lot of IC. Just saying that I would not have paid 35000 yen for a room like this. I hope this is not representative of IC hotels in general.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by mmdough
Stayed here recently cause I have 2 free night cert that is expiring soon that I wish to use. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the room. Furnishing looks old and the room looks very basic. I am a Hilton person normally so did not stay in a lot of IC. Just saying that I would not have paid 35000 yen for a room like this. I hope this is not representative of IC hotels in general.
I think this hotel likely allocates “last sell” rooms to award bookings, particularly for non Ambassadors/Elite members. Even with status, they’re known to be by the book/stingy with benefits.

My take on it is that this hotel can either be a good value or completely overpriced, depending on rate paid, room allocation, and status.

In the Summer months, outdoor swimming pool is a plus. I used to use it as a non resident guest when living in Tokyo. Not as nice as New Otani’s though.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I think this hotel likely allocates “last sell” rooms to award bookings, particularly for non Ambassadors/Elite members. Even with status, they’re known to be by the book/stingy with benefits.

My take on it is that this hotel can either be a good value or completely overpriced, depending on rate paid, room allocation, and status.

In the Summer months, outdoor swimming pool is a plus. I used to use it as a non resident guest when living in Tokyo. Not as nice as New Otani’s though.
I am only Platinum so did not expect much benefit. I was just surprised at the quality of the room. The room looks like a mid tier hotel like most Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn in the US. If it is priced as such, I have no complain. To make things worse, I just finished a fantastic stay at the Conrad Osaka as a Hilton Diamond before checking in at this hotel so the contrast just makes this hotel looks even worse.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by mmdough
I am only Platinum so did not expect much benefit. I was just surprised at the quality of the room. The room looks like a mid tier hotel like most Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn in the US. If it is priced as such, I have no complain. To make things worse, I just finished a fantastic stay at the Conrad Osaka as a Hilton Diamond before checking in at this hotel so the contrast just makes this hotel looks even worse.
I think this hotel is potentially very good value, if one can get the right room/suite at the right price.

But, it’s also horrendously bad value if you pay a high published rate for one of their less desirable rooms.

It’s just like Grand Hyatt Tokyo, although perhaps a notch lower overall. Grand Hyatt Tokyo provides superb value if you have a good corporate rate, or get the right suite upgrade through Hyatt status. On the other hand, the same hotel is a complete rip off if paying published rates, when you compare with what you can get at better hotels for similar rates...

The point is, with either hotel, buyer beware. Know what you’ll get at what price, and book or do not book accordingly.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:31 am
NKU

Programs: Qantas Gold / ROP Gold / RA Spire -IHG/ Diamond Hilton
Personal experience as RA

So I have been at IC ANA Tokyo as I thought it would be the best and hopefully better than Tokyo Bay (where I usually stay). I have booked 2 nights paid stay and 2 nights on points. I told them in advance whether I could pay more to get the room upgrade so I don't have to do room change for all 4 nights. They said that should be alright and will organise it on the day of check in. We arrived, no rooms were available. We ended up did not even upgraded for our paid stay. Got given room with "shower curtain"....

The next morning I just told them we are done here I am not paying 39000 yen per night to get this tiny room with no upgrade... where it is compulsory as i am one of the RA ... they just said the hotel is fully occupied blah blah.

i just booked the rest of my stay at Grand Nikki Odaiba as the room was much bigger and it was only 25000 yen per room per night. Then I told them I cancel the rest of my reservation. IC Tokyo acted nothing ... so yea we are done.

They ended up apologise to me but it was wayyyyy toooo late! They given me all my points back and return 20000yen as a goodwill. If they are not that nice to RA other people with lesser tiers cannot expect much.

I learnt that I'm not going there again. Tokyo Bay will always get my business going forward.

Facts
IC Tokyo - club lounge is nuce. But Osaka is much better.

club lounge at UC Tokyobay is not that great !
not2017 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.