FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA Intercontinental Tokyo (Master Thread)
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:31 am
NKU

Programs: Qantas Gold / ROP Gold / RA Spire -IHG/ Diamond Hilton
Personal experience as RA

So I have been at IC ANA Tokyo as I thought it would be the best and hopefully better than Tokyo Bay (where I usually stay). I have booked 2 nights paid stay and 2 nights on points. I told them in advance whether I could pay more to get the room upgrade so I don't have to do room change for all 4 nights. They said that should be alright and will organise it on the day of check in. We arrived, no rooms were available. We ended up did not even upgraded for our paid stay. Got given room with "shower curtain"....

The next morning I just told them we are done here I am not paying 39000 yen per night to get this tiny room with no upgrade... where it is compulsory as i am one of the RA ... they just said the hotel is fully occupied blah blah.

i just booked the rest of my stay at Grand Nikki Odaiba as the room was much bigger and it was only 25000 yen per room per night. Then I told them I cancel the rest of my reservation. IC Tokyo acted nothing ... so yea we are done.

They ended up apologise to me but it was wayyyyy toooo late! They given me all my points back and return 20000yen as a goodwill. If they are not that nice to RA other people with lesser tiers cannot expect much.

I learnt that I'm not going there again. Tokyo Bay will always get my business going forward.

Facts
IC Tokyo - club lounge is nuce. But Osaka is much better.

club lounge at UC Tokyobay is not that great !