Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Intercontinental Tokyo (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by derpelikan
enjoy your suite
Thanks, I sure did! Unfortunately, I didn't get around to the free shoeshine, but was able to make use of several of the other freebies (minibar, sports club, movie). As for the ham and cheese at breakfast, ham no, cheese yes, but it is the same selection of cheeses put out for evening cocktails.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:30 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Stay report

I've added my stay report to the Please Post Your Royal Ambassador Experiences thread, together with links to pictures. Enjoy!
Old May 1, 2007, 7:55 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Just found this list on the PC homepage:

Earn/ Redeem Priority Club® points at the following IHG ANA/Partner hotels.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...an.html#points
Old May 1, 2007, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
Just found this list on the PC homepage:

Earn/ Redeem Priority Club® points at the following IHG ANA/Partner hotels.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...an.html#points
Those 30,000 point award properties apparently were 20,000 points only a little over a month ago.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672038

That being said, 30,000 for the ANA Tokyo is still not bad considering that the Tokyo Bay and Grand Yokohama ICs now go for 40,000 points. (Now if even only one of these properties would appear on the PointBreaks list... )
Old May 1, 2007, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Interesting that all ANA properties have a flat rate earning schedule rather than one based on U$1 spend. Nice to see ANA IC Tokyo will only be 30K though.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 1:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stayed at this hotel last week. I do not hold status with IC but was pleased with the room. We were given a room on the 11th floor. We arrived via the NRT bus (which was great!) and there was a large number of front desk staff even though there were probably 20 people getting off the bus we were assisted very promptly. Used my corporate rate and received a card listing corporate benefits. The best corporate benefit however was free in room internet. We had US based mobile phones which don't work on the Japanese networks. Having internet access to upload photos and contact friends and family was a nice touch.

The bathroom was a little small, but no smaller than a bathroom you might find in a standard NYC hotel. I was a little put off by the giant bottles of shampoo and conditioner on the wall, but they were filled with Shiseido. The shampoo and conditioner made my hair feel silky smooth. May just have to invest in some of that. The bath tub had extremely high sides. Being on the shorter side (5'3") it made me a little nervous getting out of the wet tub.

The in room iron was this interesting contraption that had to charge on the base. A little annoying when trying to iron clothes for two people before dinner.

The bed and pillows were lovely and the perfect fluffiness for me.

Overall, as a non elite member I enjoyed this hotel and thought it was a good value for the money and location.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your report, prncess674.^

Although we've got a fair bit of feedback about this hotel, most of the reports are about club level rooms and suites.

As far as the bathroom is concerned, the website is pretty quiet about what's in store for ordinary, non-RA status'd mortals in their standard and superior rooms, but from what I've been able to work out it's pretty much this:
http://hotelstay-diary.com/ana.html
I ask folks to note the picture of the bath at the bottom of this webpage (which is pretty different from what you might be expecting if you'd seen pictures of this on the ANA website)

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
That being said, 30,000 for the ANA Tokyo is still not bad considering that the Tokyo Bay and Grand Yokohama ICs now go for 40,000 points. (Now if even only one of these properties would appear on the PointBreaks list... )
Ah DoubleJ, who would have guessed, eh?

Last edited by LapLap; Sep 25, 2007 at 8:02 pm
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Eremis?

hi,

i got a club superior last time, as the hotel was fully booked .
room is small .

on the clubfloor you have some shiseido face wash mini bottles,
you get the eramis ? dunno how to spell it body lotion and shampoo , conditioners etc.

minibar is still free, movie is free, all RA benefits given.

club lounge was nice with the fresh orange juice which i really love !

dp
Old Sep 25, 2007, 8:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LapLap
Thank you for your report, prncess674.^

Although we've got a fair bit of feedback about this hotel, most of the reports are about club level rooms and suites.

As far as the bathroom is concerned, the website is pretty quiet about what's in store for ordinary, non-RA status'd mortals in their standard and superior rooms, but from what I've been able to work out it's pretty much this:
http://hotelstay-diary.com/ana.html
I ask folks to note the picture of the bath at the bottom of this webpage (which is pretty different from what you might be expecting if you'd seen pictures of this on the ANA website)
Our bathroom looked very much like the one pictured above. We also had the fancy toilet with built in bidet. I honestly didn't look too much at all the buttons and features of the toilet. I am just appreciative when there is a sink with a long counter to pull out my makeup. A few times at the W NYC I got a pedastal sink, which was very inconvenient.

Our room had a long desk area / dresser across from the bed. The TV was housed on top of the dresser area. In the window area was a small end table flanked by two fluffy chairs.

The room was well appointed and included a huge set of toiletries, pajamas, slippers and robes. The room was efficiently laid out and there was no wasted space. Not a 5* luxury, but we didn't pay 5* luxury prices.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:25 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Well I've just checked into this hotel as an Ambassador, and they told me that they had upgraded my room to a higher floor for my ambassador status. I know that they just gave me the same room that was allocated to me before they knew of my status as I saw the room number printed out before I told them of my status.

I got a room on the 21st floor. Should I have been given a more upgraded room, such as a club room?
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sxc, did you have your Priority Club number in the reservation? If so they knew about your status in advance. It's hard to say, since it may have been an upgrade to a room with a better view which could technically be an upgrade.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:00 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Sxc, did you have your Priority Club number in the reservation? If so they knew about your status in advance. It's hard to say, since it may have been an upgrade to a room with a better view which could technically be an upgrade.
No - I only bought Ambassador status on Saturday, and checked in on Sunday. Also, I'm pretty sure my priority club number wasn't in the reservation since it didn't show on my Priority Club page. I think the ANA intercontinental uses a separate reservation system to the rest of Intercontinental as you can't enter their confirmation number to the priority club page?

I'm new to this....I guess I'm just a bit disappointed at my "upgrade"
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:17 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Originally Posted by sxc
Well I've just checked into this hotel as an Ambassador, and they told me that they had upgraded my room to a higher floor for my ambassador status. I know that they just gave me the same room that was allocated to me before they knew of my status as I saw the room number printed out before I told them of my status.

I got a room on the 21st floor. Should I have been given a more upgraded room, such as a club room?
Got the same upgrade with this property as an ambassador. floor 7-20 floor seems to be different than 21-31 floor. Maybe it matters if you stay with points or not.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
nope

Originally Posted by sxc
No - I only bought Ambassador status on Saturday, and checked in on Sunday. Also, I'm pretty sure my priority club number wasn't in the reservation since it didn't show on my Priority Club page. I think the ANA intercontinental uses a separate reservation system to the rest of Intercontinental as you can't enter their confirmation number to the priority club page?

I'm new to this....I guess I'm just a bit disappointed at my "upgrade"
thats the standard upgrade for an ambassador.

you might have gotten an higher floor upgrade but CLUB is only for RAs.

the rooms are small anyway , so you didnt miss anything. if i am not upgraded to club i think that a floor near to the ground is better i dont like waiting for the elevators to arrive in the high floors..

dp
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by derpelikan
i just remember when i went to the LeMeridien Grand pacific and the pacific, the first two weeks they werent offering platinum upgrades at all, etc. etc.

i complained on all instances at SPG and since then i get a superb treatment in both hotels, and they upgrade now according to the spg rules.

compared to the IC tokyo , the ANA IC earns our higehst respect because

1.) they new all new rules of PC
2.) the new rules were implemented
3.) if you are a RA expect to be treated like a king, gm or duty manager will great you if you arrive...

dp
Any update on RA treatment here in recent times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.