Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Medellin Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2023, 7:04 pm

Tried to book using points. Only 'classic room' type, occupancy of 1, is bookable using points, which means I cannot book using points for two person. Just a rant because I haven't seen a such case before. Sorry if this was discussed already.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 8:31 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Tried to book using points. Only 'classic room' type, occupancy of 1, is bookable using points, which means I cannot book using points for two person. Just a rant because I haven't seen a such case before. Sorry if this was discussed already.
Something like this used to happen at the IC Strings in Tokyo where the only points room bookable was a 1 Single Bed one (IIRC they only have a handful of those rooms anyways). What people did then was book the room and then email the hotel and ask for a room with bigger bed for double occupancy and reminded them of the IHG Rewards T&CS which somewhere mentions double occupancy room as entitlement for redemptions.

It worked fine for IC Strings, not sure whether the IC team at IC Medellin would care. YMMV.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Same at Kimpton Fitzroy London,

If booking an award for 1 person,
one can only select the single room

If booking an award for 2 persons,
one can only select the queen room,
the single room doesn't even show up

In any case a shrwed way to call it an "upgrade"
for 2 persons from a single room to a queen
-----
Old Jul 23, 2023, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by demue
Something like this used to happen at the IC Strings in Tokyo where the only points room bookable was a 1 Single Bed one (IIRC they only have a handful of those rooms anyways). What people did then was book the room and then email the hotel and ask for a room with bigger bed for double occupancy and reminded them of the IHG Rewards T&CS which somewhere mentions double occupancy room as entitlement for redemptions.

It worked fine for IC Strings, not sure whether the IC team at IC Medellin would care. YMMV.
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Same at Kimpton Fitzroy London,
Thanks all for the comments. It happens more frequently than I thought. Good to hear IC Strings allows two people to stay though.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 10:50 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Thanks all for the comments. It happens more frequently than I thought. Good to hear IC Strings allows two people to stay though.
Actually, IIRC, IC Strings has changed that now and offers a room for 2 person occupancy these days. Maybe too many people reached out to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.