Wiki Posts
Search

IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by harry0233
is extra $30 worth for me to book into Premier room from Deluxe and get the club benefit instead of room upgrade as an RA?
Subejective opinion, but short answer: no.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Subejective opinion, but short answer: no.
are you serious, when you imply that club is not worth 30$/day
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:44 am
uk1
Suspended

As with many things in life - in particular to IC and it's darker corners - this is actually a situation that I think no one can provide authorititive answers on any day - however helpful they genuinely wish to be - except the IC SIN GM. People can only talk about their experiences which can be fairly random and therfore unreliable for other people's future plans.

Currently - perhaps because of the renovations - some categories of suites and rooms - some of which are categories perhaps which are either used or reseved to be used to upgrade to - don't appear on the booking engine.

For example there has historically been a lot of debate on FT about Shophouse Suites. These are all now Shophouse Club Suites ie with Club access. But they don't currently appear to be bookable. More people seem to hate them than (like me) like them in comparison to the tower based suites. I love them. But they are not currently loaded on the booking engine as directly bookable. So perhaps they are now just avialable for upgrades. Who knows? It makes trying to work out what to book in order to get the upgrade you want pretty much impossible. If you book a Shophouse Club Room as an Ambassador - you will be upgraded to the Shophouse Club Suite and enjoy Club access, free internet etc. But if you want a Shophouse Club Suite as an RA - what do you book?! What is the (unpublished) level below Shophouse Club Room you need to book. It's all guess work.

As a non-RA requiring a Shophouse Club Suite this is important and so the only option was to contact the GM and ask! I think under the current circumstances there are no rules that can be explained authoritively by FT IC SIN customers - but it is the new GM who is the only person who can help.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by boekel
are you serious, when you imply that club is not worth 30$/day
As an RA he get's club access. I understood he wants the room upgrade as well, and the $30 refers to this.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
So just to add more background info for others...

Booked standard king 'deluxe' room on 'Luxury Weekends' rate (was cheapest at time of booking).

Didn't get my usual confirmation email from Ambassador reservations, or the hotel. Quick email and upgraded to king Premier.

A side note, I'm getting a little annoyed that even though I specify non-smoking in bookings they always book me under smoking room in the reservation. Grr.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I had a stay there back in Feb. Booked cheapest room and initially got upgraded to a club floor room with club access, but I told the front desk staff I didn't need club access but needed a bigger room, so she tried to get me the L-shape premier room, but then I told her I stayed quite a lot in those L-shape room in the past and didn't want it again. She looked for a while and got me a shophouse suite, then I told her I didn't want it neither since I couldn't bare the noise outside the shopping mall. Finally she got me an excutive suite (the 2nd largest room in the hotel), but she kept reminding me that next time I had to book at least a Premier room in order to get upgraded to Executive Suite.
I admire your ability to keep saying no no no about the room you are given. I always feel all hotel front desk people dreadful no matter how friendly they appear to be...
Old Sep 4, 2011, 6:32 am

pffff just booked a 3 night stay over the F1 period , sept 23 till 26... club room is 650SGD but used my free night certificate as well (expires november 11 - so i need to use it now).. hope ill get a nice upgrade..

pretty excited cause before that from sept 17 till 20 i stay at the penthouse suite @fairmont sg using free night and upgrade as well as a platinum member there.

so ill keep you guys updated !
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: IHG Priority Club, BA Exec Club, KLM Flying Blue
Does anyone have any recent experience of upgrades on reward stays? I am just a lowly plat amb, but was wondering whether anyone has had any luck recently?

Thanks

Dave
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by daveashcroft
Does anyone have any recent experience of upgrades on reward stays?
Yes, full RA privileges on award stays.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:25 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Savage25
Yes, full RA privileges on award stays.
Originally Posted by daveashcroft
I am just a lowly plat amb
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uk1
I know. That's why I only quoted the question I was answering. Logic implies that if RAs get their bennies, AMBs do too.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Savage25
I know. That's why I only quoted the question I was answering. Logic implies that if RAs get their bennies, AMBs do too.

Not the other way around?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:32 am

Ok my head hurts after reading every post with the term upgrade in it.
As an RA if I want am Ambassador Suite (? same as Executive Suite) on a paid stay what room/suite need I book?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
As an RA if I want am Ambassador Suite (? same as Executive Suite) on a paid stay what room/suite need I book?
I think that you need to book the shophouse club room to get the ambassador suite

Dave
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I received last year the Amb Suite with booking a Club Premier as RA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.