Wiki Posts
Search

No points from stay booked on Priorityclub.com

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2005, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
No points from stay booked on Priorityclub.com

I recently stay at HI Exp in UK, and queried why I only got a total of 114 points for a 2 night stay. The reply I got was that I have booked it through a third party or that I had used a travel agent code.

I had booked it on www.priorityclub.com website and also received an email confirmation of the booking. I had booked the "Best Flexible Rate" which to my knowledge is an eligible rate. I could see no difference between this booking and other bookings including a stay at the same hotel the following week, which I have received points for.

I have spoken to IC CS who have said that they will post 1000 bonus points as a gesture of goodwill but will not alter the actual points for stay. She also stated that I have 7-8 travel agent accounts attached to my account/bookings.

I am interested to know if anyone else has had this problem?

How can you tell if your booking has a travel agent attached or not?

How did I manage to get 114 points when all I paid for was the hotel room at checkout? (Rate being 69GBP per night)

Thanks,
Old May 21, 2005, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Sounds weird, though the number of points appears to be the US$ conversion rate, albeit without the 10 points per $. The 1000 points would be relative compensaton for the adjustment but you should ask them to remove the TA references on your file. Has this occured in the past?
Old May 21, 2005, 1:09 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
I wonder if the Travel Agent accounts are related to the IATA numbers that sometimes show up in the reservation. The Visa booking bonus used one, and I've seen others from time to time (which I did not insert) when I book nights on the PC web site. In another thread, somebody mentioned that IATA numbers can be used to track different promotions.
Old May 22, 2005, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Sounds weird, though the number of points appears to be the US$ conversion rate, albeit without the 10 points per $. The 1000 points would be relative compensaton for the adjustment but you should ask them to remove the TA references on your file. Has this occured in the past?
The 114 points includes my 50% bonus so I actually got 76 base points plus 38 bonus points. The only charge on my card was for the room which I stated to be 69GBP a night or ~200USD for the whole stay, which should give me 3000 points in all and 2 nights on my stay count.

I will be checking for any IATA code when booking in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.