Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Weekend Certificate on any rate?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW, UA
Ambassador Weekend Certificate on any rate?

Are these "2for1" coupons good on any published rates including gov't rate? How do I book it online? Their booking site doesn't seem to have fields designated for coupon bookings. HELP!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:33 pm

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by worldexpress
Are these "2for1" coupons good on any published rates including gov't rate? How do I book it online? Their booking site doesn't seem to have fields designated for coupon bookings. HELP!

check my posts cuz i basically asked the same q last week-- you can buy at any rate -- then in the comments field put a note about the coupon -- if you do the cheapest you will pay for both nights up front and get credited upon arrival - i hate this but what can you do.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No, no, no .....!

Make 2 separate bookings. Book the first night at the lowest possible rate (ie usually a pre-paid rate). Book the second night at the flexible rate - ie non pre-paid. It doesn't matter that the rate is more expensive, because it is ALWAYS the second night that is free.

Do NOT pre-pay for both nights, because it is too much hassle getting the hotel to refund the second night.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 3:29 am

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by RJB
No, no, no .....!

Make 2 separate bookings. Book the first night at the lowest possible rate (ie usually a pre-paid rate). Book the second night at the flexible rate - ie non pre-paid. It doesn't matter that the rate is more expensive, because it is ALWAYS the second night that is free.

Do NOT pre-pay for both nights, because it is too much hassle getting the hotel to refund the second night.
See this is what happens when a newbie tries to answer a question - thanks for correcting me RJB - BUT... I was told to do it that way on the IC phone hotline -- the cust service said to do it that way.

I am glad you told me because I need to book for 2 hotels this week and so now I dont have to lay out all the cash upfront!

Thanks,
Allen
Old Apr 4, 2005, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Even better, doing it this way (and using the 1000visa link in the Promos thread to book) means you should get 2 lots of bonus points instead of 1 - because you will have 2 bookings instead of 1!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by RJB
No, no, no .....!

Does this mean one could book a standard rate room at the lowest pre-paid rate for the first night and a superior bay view room at a flexible rate for the second night or must rooms booked of the same class?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:08 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I will arrive at the IC BKK on Wednesday, have booked a pre-paid rate for a few nights and I will use my RA free weekend night this time. Had a discussion with IC Shanghai last year, they didn’t want to refund my prepaid rate to my CC claming this voucher was only valid for non pre paid rates. They finally gave up this thought after I talked to the GM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.