Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding the first sticky topic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2005, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Question regarding the first sticky topic

I dunno who wrote this... But I quote...

Regarding Royal Ambassador benefits.

"Complimentary Health Club Privileges. Access all facilities free-of-charge. [Actually, every InterCon I've stayed at since February 2004 (when I became Royal Ambassador), I've received a complimentary 1 hour massage at the hotel spa, as part of the benefits.]"

To whoever wrote this : Do you still get your complimentary 1 hour massage at the hotel spa? If you did, which IC did u stay in.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
IIRC it was deviantdesi who originally posted this. The only time that I've seen a complimentary massage was when it is included in the Club benefits at that hotel and the RA upgrade was to a room/suite with Club benefits - IC the Grand Mumbai for me.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
i thinking I'm batting about 100% on the massage coupon/invite being in the room with my welcome pack - never get round to it though.

Don't recall it being for an hour though - more like 20mins usually.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 2:13 pm

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Yep is was deviantdesi.

Dino
Old Apr 2, 2005, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Smile Yet another question regarding sticky

We all take for granted that the upgrade to a suite is at the time of booking. But when I read the fine-prints of the Terms and Conditions, it says

"Upgrade to an executive room or suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in."

So it actually means that the upgrade is done at check in, not at time of booking as what has been discussed. But then again, this might be a small issue because it has another clause that says "In circumstances where an executive room or suite is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until the executive room or suite is available later on the day of arrival." So you get the suite after-all...
Old Apr 2, 2005, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

By the way, what is IIRC? What does it mean?
Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:18 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
We all take for granted that the upgrade to a suite is at the time of booking. But when I read the fine-prints of the Terms and Conditions, it says

"Upgrade to an executive room or suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in."

So it actually means that the upgrade is done at check in, not at time of booking as what has been discussed. But then again, this might be a small issue because it has another clause that says "In circumstances where an executive room or suite is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until the executive room or suite is available later on the day of arrival." So you get the suite after-all...
I find it is best not to worry about the numerous inconsistencies & confusions in the t&c's (ie. does upgrade to a superior room for Ambassadors mean one level above standard & one level below executive, or does it mean one level above booked?) & just wait til u see what happens at check-in, as we're at there mercy, partly I feel due to the lack of clarity in the t&c's.

You'll often see, a fews days after reserving, that your reservation is upgraded one level on-line, but whilst it looks nice - you really want the double/tripe upgrade which only comes at check-in, as is dependant on availability (people who pay the ridiculous normal rates for suites obviously get priority - all though try explaining that to some of the complainers round here recently).
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:50 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
By the way, what is IIRC? What does it mean?
It means "If I Remember Correctly" hence IIRC. Cheers ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.