Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Egregious" use of free wknd nite coupons?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2005, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
"Egregious" use of free wknd nite coupons?

I've used the free weekend night certificate I got with Ambassador status, and I've recently traded on Coupon Connection for two more, which I plan to use before they expire later this year. I've read mileposts by FTers who have used more than one successfully, but I wonder if what I'm planning will raise any red flags.

I'm planning to use the two certificates on two successive weekends at the same hotel, with separate weekend stays (i.e. the first stay is a 2-day stay only with one night free, and the second stay is at the same hotel the following weekend, again probably for only 2 days with one of the 2 days free. The second stay might end up being 3 or possibly 4 days.)

So I can see where no one would think anything unusual if you use one in New York in February and another one in Paris in June, but in my case, especially if I encounter the same check-in agent both times, is it possible/likely that I might be asked, "So how come you have two of these certificates, when you only get one with your membership?"
Old Mar 20, 2005, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
You receive certificates upon making AMB and RA, so it is possible to have two certificates at the same time. On the very unlikely chance you are asked just respond you received the second related to a promotion. Given the promo feeding frenzy/chaos at PC.com these days that ought to adequately muddy the water.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I was sent more than one direct from Intercontinental -- first one when I signed up for Ambassador, second one when I asked for more luggage tags. FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.