Search

60000pt Plat Status Quick ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Newbie in everything =p
60000pt Plat Status Quick ?

Hi everyone
New to the thread, the PC program as well. I'm wondering, I know theres a 60K pt goal to hit before you get Platinum-now does the 60K disappear once you hit Platinum? Like do you have to "pay" 60000 points to achieve Platinum or you just need to accumulate that many points to reach that status?
Also, lets say you have 15k points, and for some odd reason you find something you like from the EXTREMELY limited selection of PC "rewards" and youre down to say 9K points... are you now 51K points away from achieving Plat or does the counter count off of the number of points youve actually accumulated, without deducting the points youve used? I'm curious about this, and the PC rep I talked to yesterday had the thickest british accent (i actually find these hot, but thats a diff story) so I couldnt understand a word she was saying. Thanks for any help! Please reply to my other post "Newbie IC Guest and Ambassador" as well. Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You need to have 60k points come into your account during a calendar year to get Plat.

It doesn't matter if you spend the points or not!

It also doesn't matter if you get the points from a hotel stay, from a bonus, from transferring in Amex MR points, from buying points or from transferring them in from another member. They all count towards the 60k.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
No the 60K stays--it doesn't disappear (although you will need to requalify each year).

Spending points doesn't subtract from getting to Platinum status either although point transfers to other accounts might?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.