Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority club vs other pay clubs for holiday inn upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Priority club vs other pay clubs for holiday inn upgrades.

Hi,

I've looked through past posts but can't find what I'm looking for.

I recall there is a club of some type where you can pay some small fee ($50-105) to join a club that should get you upgrades at Holiday Inns.

Does anyone have the name of this or any details? I'm Hyatt Diamond and Hilton Diamond but have a few trips to Haifa Isreal that I'll be making this year and the Holiday Inn looks like the best bet. If so I'd like to start off with some status.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 5:22 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
kinda-sorta

You can get "gold" status for $50, but that doesn't really buy you much. (10% bonus on base points).

For $150 for the first year, $100 after that, you can by InterContinental Hotels "Ambassador Status". This will get you a free upgrade at IC hotels only. For HI, HI Express, HI Select, etc. you are treated as a "gold" member.

My suggestion would be to try to contact PC and ask for a to be "comped" to Platinum status based on you Hilton/Hyatt status.

For the complete scoop, read this thread: Priority Club Levels and the Ambassador status info

Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Hi,

I recall there is a club of some type where you can pay some small fee ($50-105) to join a club that should get you upgrades at Holiday Inns.

Does anyone have the name of this or any details? I'm Hyatt Diamond and Hilton Diamond but have a few trips to Haifa Isreal that I'll be making this year and the Holiday Inn looks like the best bet. If so I'd like to start off with some status.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 5:22 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
Hi,

Thanks!
The easiest thing to do is contact PC customer service and ask them for a Platinum staus match based on either of your Diamond status levels. You will just need to fax them a current statement. They matched my Hilton Diamond status with no problem.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 8:30 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Just be careful that Elite upgrade is not like Hyatt, which you are often if not all the time upgraded to RC level. PC Platinum only does a 1 class upgrade and some properties are a bit loose on what they consider as 1 class.. some consider a higher floor one class upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.