Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
How is the tax and service charge handled on an award stay at this property? The award reservation shows:
Tax: 11% per night not included in rate effective xx April, 2006 thru xx April, 2006

Service Charge: 10% per night not included in rate effective xx April, 2006 thru xx April, 2006
I would hate to pay 10% + 11% of the cost of the 2-bedroom villa.

FWIW, our stays at the IC Berchtesgaden Presidential on an award was all inclusive. I just am not sure whether the IC Bali handles it the same way.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jet2K
How is the tax and service charge handled on an award stay at this property? The award reservation shows:

I would hate to pay 10% + 11% of the cost of the 2-bedroom villa.

FWIW, our stays at the IC Berchtesgaden Presidential on an award was all inclusive. I just am not sure whether the IC Bali handles it the same way.
I've never had to pay tax or service charge on an award stay... has anyone, anywhere?
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by gleff
Zhaunk when are you staying? Have you confirmed they're really honoring the Villa booking on points? (I assume you're doing it on points?)

Wow.

I might book this -- I do see availability -- but would hate to be disappointed on arrival.
Got confirmation today from Priority Guest Relations. It seems that PC has worked it out for me.

Last edited by Zhaunk; Jan 28, 2006 at 7:20 pm
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Woo hoo!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well they certainly pulled all the suites and club rooms from the award redemption availability. A few days ago I was still able to book a Club Loft Duplex Suite (no bigger villas avail any longer back then) for points but now only deluxe rooms are on offer. Will be in interesting to see whether they are going to honour all of the reservations. I would think yes as probably not too many booked these. Most are probably from this forum and RA's anyway so hard for PC to be nasty.

Savage25 did your confirmed online reservations change by any chance from the villas to deluxe rooms? You might want to have an eye on it.

Cheers ...
Old Jan 20, 2006, 6:04 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Yeah I saw yesterday that the suites had been pulled. I had made another award reservation last Sunday for a Jimbaran Suite, so it was still available then. My online reservations still show the original rooms, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Old Jan 20, 2006, 6:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
I too managed to secure last week a Club Loft Duplex Suite on points for April, which I hope will be honoured! The IC Bali site also claims to meet guests, staying at Club Suites, off the plane to then take them to their private arrivals lounge to process the visa and other stuff and then to provide transport to the hotel. Is it necessary to notify the hotel of flight and arrival times? What have others done who have experenced this service in the past please?
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Loyalty Club
Is it necessary to notify the hotel of flight and arrival times? What have others done who have experenced this service in the past please?
Of course you need to tell them which flight you're arriving on....they aren't psychic, you know

See my report here. I emailed them letting them know my arrival time. Was told that the charges were "Airport transfer available are taxi at USD 8/car/way shuttle bus at USD 4/pax/way minivan at USD 15/car/way and strect limousine at USD 35/car/way". Asked for a normal car/taxi, got a Jaguar, and wasn't charged for both ways.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
Thanks Savage25 for your reponse and report write-up. ^
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Yes, the Bali IC is fantastic (and much cheaper than many of its nearby rivals). The club facilities are lovely and new, and I've been upgraded to one variety of suite or another everytime I've stayed there. The staff is very friendly, too.

Regarding airport transfers, for those people staying in a club room, IC has its own lounge/waiting area in the baggage claim area -- between immigration and customs. They get your bags for you while you sit in a small but lovely lounge, then take you out to the car when ready (this can be a Jag, Mercedes, or just a nice new minivan -- but it is free/included in the club rate).
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
Regarding airport transfers, for those people staying in a club room, IC has its own lounge/waiting area in the baggage claim area -- between immigration and customs.
Old May 1, 2006, 4:27 pm

For those of you who have stayed in the villas, do you remember how big the bedrooms were? Do they share a wall? Thanks!
Old May 2, 2006, 3:07 am

some of their rooms are recently renovated.. eg Deluxe (now call Singaraja Wing) and Club. other than that, rooms are quite old. so, do ask for Wing 3000, 4000 or 6000.

club lounge is fabulous.. again, just renovated with comfortable seating. all day menu, both eat and drink, is definitely worth a little more.

on-site restaurants are expensive but you can easily find a line of others next to the hotel beach - about half price of the hotel price.

club pool is the second choice after tha main.. which have good view and a swim up bar.

do look out their daily activity leaflet, which you may find discount coupons for spa.
Old May 3, 2006, 12:25 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
For those of you who have stayed in the villas, do you remember how big the bedrooms were? Do they share a wall? Thanks!
The smaller bedroom suite consists of:
- about 14' x 17' ~ 240 sqft - the bedroom with two queen? beds
- about 14' x 15' ~ 210 sqft - the bathroom and closet

The master suite consists of the following:
- about 30' x 17' ~ 810 sqft - living room and office
- about 25' x 14' ~ 350 sqft - master bedrom
- about 25' x 17' ~ 425 sqft - bathroom including the closet

The remainder of the upstairs space is for the hallway, stairs and elevator, consisting of about 400 sqft. Total square footage is about 2400 for the second floor.

The bedroom portion of the smaller suite shares a wall with the office portion of the master suite. The actual beds of the two suites are on opposite corners of the second floor of the villa.
Old May 3, 2006, 7:45 am

Jet2K, I love you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.