Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it me, or does Ambass cust service suck?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:37 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Not Ambassador customer service, but PC customer service and the individual hotel customer service seem to need more improvement...

I just had an internet transaction give me an Http Page Not Found error after confirming a transaction so I called PC customer service for Asia-Pac to check if the transaction went through. Its 11:30am SIN time on a friday and all I get is a recorded message saying "We are now closed. Please call us between 4am and 4pm Singapore time Monday to Saturday"

Email queries submitted to a couple of hotels have also not been answered after two weeks or more despite my sending them a reminder every week. They are willing to answer the queries on the phone, but I'd like to have things in writing.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:00 am

Programs: Newbie in everything =p
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The AMBASSADOR customer service number is a local UK number and calling it requires payment of long distance. Office hours are also limited to normal working times. There is also a dedicated res line which is toll free and varies depending upon what part of the world you are calling from. It is just an augmentation of the normal IC reservations. [And there is also the PRIORITY CLUB customer service number(s) which can only deal with PC-related matters and has nothing to do with AMBASSADOR services.]
The funny thing was that on that same day, in my Geography Class (yea I'm in college) our teacher was talking about Greenwich Time, which is the standard universal clock time in Bristol, UK. And that nite when I called the Amb. helpline, I was told to call back in Greenwich Time. How is this significant to the post? It's really not, but I thought I wanted to point that out. Yea. Hiya!
I also used a calling card (AT&T charges 4 cents a minute if dialed from home phone-you dial into a 1-800 toll free number) to call the UK number. If you can afford the upgrade to Amb., a couple dollars or cents on the phone bill to speak to someone shouldnt be a red flag. I think in my experience, the UK people were more helpful and got the job done faster than the 1-800 # helpdesks here in the U.S.
I did try to call the regular PC Club number and asked some AMb questions and through dialing the 1800 number, I was transfered to the UK Amb. office. I pulled up my cellphone charge and the entire convo reflected as a toll free 1800 number. So thats another loophole, but to be honest, I didnt think theyd transfer me to the UK. Otherwise I wouldve just made the fone call myself in the first place.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 7:58 am

Programs: PClub Gold, ICA
Ambassador Contact

Hey Guys,

I spoke a dozen of times to their customer service agents from the Philippines and they have been accomadating enough to my requests and inquiries. Actually, they have given me great customer service!

incase you wonderin what number to call
its +44 870 400 9099, there office is open 8:30 am to 5:30 pm UK time.

One quick question, did you get any names of agents you have spoken with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.