Wiki Posts
Search

Free points transfer to Business Reward and Diamond members

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2023, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Free points transfer to Business Reward and Diamond members

3 family accounts signed up for Business Reward on the same day in early Dec. A few days ago, 2 of them received email from IHG with a direct link to free transfer (and it works). The 3rd member never got it, and manual login to transfer results in a charge. Seems odd. Only thing I can think of, other than random IHG IT stupidity, is the 3rd account is Silver and less active, while the first 2 accounts are Platinum, though that shouldn't matter.

Another weird thing is after you authenticate to points.com, if you refresh the page in any way (I tried to switch between the /transfer and /free-transfer endpoints, but also just going to the original URL), it asks you to login again but will keep rejecting, even if you switch browser. Anyone else notice this?

Please share your DP on free (or not free) transfer.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 2:04 pm

I am a Diamond Member with expiration 12/31/23 and my wife is also Diamond with expiration of 12/31/24, we both got the email for free transfer of points, I transfered about 200K to my wife account for free.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:09 am

Same thing with me. I signed up for P1 and P2 business accounts on the same day. Both have the same status.

P1 got the email about a week ago, P2 still only has the option to transfer for a fee
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:08 pm

Just an update, I was looking at P2's IHG account for something unrelated. I noticed on the personal information tab there is "IHG Business Rewards" listed under consents. This was not listed as accepted. Accepted it and now that went away. Went back to apply for business rewards again just to see what happens, and it says already a business rewards member. Still says I need to pay to transfer, but maybe it will refresh over night. Worth checking if you have the same consent issue
italdesign likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Schnit
Just an update, I was looking at P2's IHG account for something unrelated. I noticed on the personal information tab there is "IHG Business Rewards" listed under consents. This was not listed as accepted. Accepted it and now that went away. Went back to apply for business rewards again just to see what happens, and it says already a business rewards member. Still says I need to pay to transfer, but maybe it will refresh over night. Worth checking if you have the same consent issue
Thanks for the note. P3 (no email) did have it as accepted, FWIW.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
I am Diamond Business Rewards, got the offer but haven't tried sending. OH is Platinum Business Rewards, was able to transfer the full 500k to me for free.
We've both been Business Rewards for years, she only dropped to Platinum this year too (after years as Spire/Diamond, has requalified as Platinum again for next year), I have requalified for Diamond next year.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:39 am

@italdesign or Moderators: could you add to the title " and Diamond members" (as the 500k xfr is for both Biz Members and Diamond)
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Expatriate
@italdesign or Moderators: could you add to the title " and Diamond members" (as the 500k xfr is for both Biz Members and Diamond)

you need to use the red triangle to alert a mod and provide info on what you want them to do. You can’t expect a mod to see and act on every post in a thread.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 2:06 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Expatriate
Done and as mentioned by UKtravelbear the red triangle is the best way to alert me or my co-moderator about it.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Dec 30, 2023, 12:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I have the same issue: I'm a non-elite, but i am a business rewards member, with consents accepted. But still seeing a fee when trying to transfer.
Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
How do you establish a connection between 2 members in the same houselhold both have IHG business reward
Old Jan 1, 2024, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by allanfan
I have the same issue: I'm a non-elite, but i am a business rewards member, with consents accepted. But still seeing a fee when trying to transfer.
Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks.
The "consents" doesnt seem to have anything to do with this, just what someone speculated.
It appears that IHG did not intend to roll this out to all Business Rewards members and that, for now, only those who explicitly received an email can take advantage.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Did the email require the recipient to do snything? My wife might not have noticed it, not sure if that matters.

someone else speculated the business account needed to be open for 30 days. Any data points on that?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Did the email require the recipient to do snything? My wife might not have noticed it, not sure if that matters.

someone else speculated the business account needed to be open for 30 days. Any data points on that?
The email did not require any action.
That speculation about 30 days does not seem supported, as there are many of us with Business Rewards accounts that have been open for years that did not receive the email and cannot get free transfers.
italdesign likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriot, ANA, IHG, AA, JMB
P2 is Platinum signed up for IHG Biz program 12/18

P1 is Diamond + Biz

Try to transfer points after 30 days of sign up from P2 to P1, still got fee.

Try it this weekend (2/4) again no fee show up on P2 account, so start the transfer of 160K.

160K deposited to P1 account without any fee

P1 got email for free transfer because of Diamond
P2 never get any email on "free transfer"
travelbugging and italdesign like this.

Last edited by tling; Feb 6, 2024 at 10:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.