Wiki Posts
Search

Does Diamond elite status apply to award stays

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Does Diamond elite status apply to award stays

I booked a stay at indigo and intercoental in Barcelona but they are award stays not sure if I will still get breakfast benefit
Old Oct 9, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: NZ
Yes, Diamond benefits will apply for reward bookings, as per clause 51 of the program T&Cs:

Benefits on Reward Nights Stays: IHG One Rewards Member benefits are available on Reward Night stays with the exception of the Guaranteed Room Availability benefit for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite Members.
happyvoid and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am an IHG Diamond ambassador, former RA for 10 years, first stay in 5 years. At an IHG property.

what can I expect? Is free breakfast in lounge if they have a club or in main restaurant?

what are the chances of a suite upgrade?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I am an IHG Diamond ambassador, former RA for 10 years, first stay in 5 years. At an IHG property.

what can I expect? Is free breakfast in lounge if they have a club or in main restaurant?

what are the chances of a suite upgrade?
You can expect as Diamond AMB at IC hotels:

1. One category upgrade from the type of room you purchased
2. No lounge access (only a perk for RA)
3. Breakfast in the main restaurant if you select breakfast as your Diamond Welcome Amenity
4. US$20 (or equivalent) F&B credit
5. Late check-out till 4pm
Dave Trueo, lsquare and SkyLich like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by minz56
You can expect as Diamond AMB at IC hotels:

1. One category upgrade from the type of room you purchased
2. No lounge access (only a perk for RA)
3. Breakfast in the main restaurant if you select breakfast as your Diamond Welcome Amenity
4. US$20 (or equivalent) F&B credit
5. Late check-out till 4pm

How about at other brands, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza etc, will I still get breakfast option and an upgrade?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 11:20 am

How about at other brands, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza etc, will I still get breakfast option and an upgrade?
You may want to acquaint yourself with the Intercontinental Ambassador Full Terms & Conditions - all your questions have their answers therein.
ProjectSunburst likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There is a very good table of benefits that is worth a couple of minutes reading and it answers your questions.

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page
Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Can confirm free brekkies at Indigo, Voco and Kimpton on award nights....

for revenue stays:
be reminded though the Diamond upgrade is subject to availability and is 2nd in succesion
- at Intercontinental hotels after RA and AMB (royal ambassador & ambassador)
- at Kimpton after IC (innerCircle)

it is first in line at
- CP / Voco / Indigo / HI / HIX etc..

at award nights it is up to hotel's own discretion though,
some are stingy and some are generous
ProjectSunburst likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Oct 16, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I know it feels like COVID has gone on forever, but how can you be an IHG Diamond Ambassador with no stays in 5 years?

Unless you literally just 15 minutes ago did the instant Diamond thing and immediately signed up for Ambassador, in which case I wouldn't expect much of anything unless your stay comes before everybody gets downgraded.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Yes I was also wondering how one can be Diamond with zero stays !
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think possible, if OP was RA he/ she would have been Spire automatically, then after RA downgrade one free year of AMB and still Spire, then Covid extensions in combo with paid AMB renewal recently plus conversion from Spire to Diamond and you could have maintained it with no stays. Along those lines. YMMV
kevino likes this.

Last edited by demue; Oct 16, 2022 at 9:55 pm
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:42 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I was Spire for 5 years after achieving it once via credit card. I did not have 0 stays but most years not even enough to make Gold. I bought AMB once, and one year Spire was renewed automatically for an unknown reason, then covid renewal. Dropped to platinum but now diamond again via the 15 night thing.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If I am correct, a plain Ambassador isn't eligible for an upgrade on an award stay, but a Diamond Ambassador is (one category, on a space available basis).
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
If I am correct, a plain Ambassador isn't eligible for an upgrade on an award stay, but a Diamond Ambassador is (one category, on a space available basis).
The T&Cs of Ambassador state as follows regarding the guaranteed upgrade:

1. On IHG® One Rewards Reward Nights and Free Nights, the guaranteed upgrade benefit is not applicable and is subject to availability. Refer to IHG® One Rewards terms & conditions.
So, in fact, you may get an upgrade on award stays, and I have heard of many cases where a member does.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 4:35 am

It is at the discretion of the hotel - personally I had received upgrades on award stays when I was still a "plain" Ambassador, the last I remember was at InterContinental Warsaw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.