Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Website Maintenance Sept 5th (IHG being hacked)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Datapoint App:

My stay last weekend at Voco The Hague:
- not appeared on past stays / present stays
- does appear in account activity
- under Friday 9 september
- stay pending

Seems the hotel can now upload data to IHG-central system.
So hopefully no missing nights and points...
My weekend stay (Sep 2-5) doesn't even show as pending in Account Activity. There is simply no trace of it anywhere (eg past stays, points total, nights total). At least I have a copy of the folio.

BTW, how do you report a missing stay under the IHG Submit Form? All I can see is missing points for a stay, but if there is no trace of the stay itself there doesn't seem to be a way of submitting this via the online form.

I'm guessing the CS is overwhelmed now so I'm probably gonna wait a while before trying call/email to CS.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FWIW I checked into an Intercon yesterday and the welcome amenity points posted in my account immediately.

And yes the WiFi portal works and the system recognized the cookies on my laptop and phone.
Admiral Ackbar and HadesNL like this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I checked into IC Berlin yesterday , even staff email system is down .
Ill hope its fixed before I check in a week or Ill have to be chasing a vanished stay as well .
Though WiFi works fine
HadesNL likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Update on missing credit card points: Called the IHG Diamond Elite line and explained that the Chase IHG Mastercard points had not been posted on my account. The rep. told me she would transfer me to the credit card side of the house only to result in a recorded voice stating that this extension was no longer in use, and promptly disconnected!
I then called the Chase Rewards Club and through the automatic system found that the 30K points was transferred to my IHG account on 09/06. With this information, I then pressed '0' and talked to a rep who stated that indeed points have been transferred, but due to the outage, IHG was still working on their systems and would post the points in due course. Unfortunately, they could not state when. Somewhat mollified, I guess I will wait and see when -
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
Checked out of a stay on the 31st of August which was showing as pending before this mess & now that has disappeared. Also, I transferred some points over from my credit card a week ago. No sign of those as well so far.
I had 2 stays showing as pending before this mess. Both have vanished so I will try calling tomorrow.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Skyline
Update on missing credit card points: Called the IHG Diamond Elite line and explained that the Chase IHG Mastercard points had not been posted on my account. The rep. told me she would transfer me to the credit card side of the house only to result in a recorded voice stating that this extension was no longer in use, and promptly disconnected!
I then called the Chase Rewards Club and through the automatic system found that the 30K points was transferred to my IHG account on 09/06. With this information, I then pressed '0' and talked to a rep who stated that indeed points have been transferred, but due to the outage, IHG was still working on their systems and would post the points in due course. Unfortunately, they could not state when. Somewhat mollified, I guess I will wait and see when -
Just appeared on the website:
"A message to our guests: Deposits of any points youve earned from a recent stay or partner activity may be delayed, but theyre on the way. Thank you for your patience"
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I think Im going to give it a week or so before I try to do any e-Rewards transfers to IHG
Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:15 am

Just cancelled 2 reward nights, but the points are not credited to my account. The points reversals are shown under account activity, but the actual points are not refunded.

Just thought I'd share the info.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by wondrousnature
Just cancelled 2 reward nights, but the points are not credited to my account. The points reversals are shown under account activity, but the actual points are not refunded.

Just thought I'd share the info.
Oh, the points have now been refunded. Seems like the system is lagging. But glad it still works!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Skyline
I then pressed '0' and talked to a rep who stated that indeed points have been transferred, but due to the outage, IHG was still working on their systems and would post the points in due course. Unfortunately, they could not state when. Somewhat mollified, I guess I will wait and see when -
Similar situation here as well. Transferred 40K points from my Citi Prestige card around 10 days ago & they had still not posted. Called Citi yesterday & they said the points had been transferred from their end & they would have to check with IHG before getting back to me. Got a call back from CIti an hour ago & they said IHG were having some problems with their systems & would post the points soon. No idea when 'soon' would be.
Skyline likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:42 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by rapidex
I had 2 stays showing as pending before this mess. Both have vanished so I will try calling tomorrow.
Had my IC Berlin points post (checked out day of the hack), HIX Zurich Airport (checked in day of the hack) has dissapeared from past stays and no pending points either. I am sure it will sort itself in a few days, HIX was only 1 night stay but brought me to 50 nights.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Had my IC Berlin points post (checked out day of the hack), HIX Zurich Airport (checked in day of the hack) has dissapeared from past stays and no pending points either. I am sure it will sort itself in a few days, HIX was only 1 night stay but brought me to 50 nights.
My 2 pending stays that disappeared would have brought me to 51 nights. I am in another property and the GM rushed out to see me and assured me that IHG was working very hard to resolve the issues and all points and stays would be credited in due course.
He seemed very worried that IHG might lose business over this issue.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Massive Hotels Group IHG Struck by Cyberattack Which Disrupts Booking Systems

https://www.bitdefender.com/blog/hot...oking-systems/
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:53 am

Had one of my pre attack stays previously showing as pending, then vanished, post correctly. The GM of the hotel I'm in said it would take 4 weeks for all stays and points to catch up, but IHG were going as fast as possible to sort peoples accounts. Only 3 more stays for me to catch up.
auandagbug and marcel.baden like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I've cancelled a points stay for November this morning. Usually points post back instantly but nothing. The cancellation and reversal shows in recent activity but total points hasn't changed.

Are others seeing this cancelling points nights too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.