Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HI Express - no self service laundry as advertised?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

HI Express - no self service laundry as advertised?

I’m currently in Indonesia at a HI Express. Part of the reason I booked this property was that they advertised self service laundry (in addition to a more expensive paid laundry service), I’m going through clothes quite quickly in this humidity!!

I’ve spoken to reception and they’ve said that the self service laundry is not available - but I can pay a bunch more to get my stuff cleaned by their paid service.

Pretty disappointing, considering I looked in the laundry room and the coin-operated machines are clearly there and are working - feels like a money grab.

Is it worth expressing disappointment to management, or direct to IHG & could expect some points to make up for it?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Tofino87
I’m currently in Indonesia at a HI Express. Part of the reason I booked this property was that they advertised self service laundry (in addition to a more expensive paid laundry service), I’m going through clothes quite quickly in this humidity!!

I’ve spoken to reception and they’ve said that the self service laundry is not available - but I can pay a bunch more to get my stuff cleaned by their paid service.

Pretty disappointing, considering I looked in the laundry room and the coin-operated machines are clearly there and are working - feels like a money grab.

Is it worth expressing disappointment to management, or direct to IHG & could expect some points to make up for it?

Certainly express disappointment that a facility promoted by the hotel is not available. But I'm not sure it's going to attract compensation.

I don't know where you are in Indonesia, but there are usually laundry shops around: these take stuff in for washing and pressing over 24H: the charge will be spectacularly low compared to hotel prices. Some will collect/deliver, but there you are getting into pricier options - so, you'll probably need a taxi or Gojek. Ask reception, but it's going to be better getting rid of the notion of "money grab".
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Wouldn't the minimum be for the hotel to provide the supposedly paid service free of charge?
I don't think that would be too much to ask.

Besides, what reason did the hotel give for not providing the self-service?
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Ian & Nicolas.

The reason they gave it for being unavailable is that they have to use the facilities for their in-house (paid) laundry service. So, this is presumably an ongoing thing.

It seems a little disingenuous, given the self laundry facility is listed on IHG’s site.

I’ll take a look at local options for laundry too.

On top of this, it now appears that both of the running machines are out of commission in the gym 😂 😂- so there’s effectively half a gym to use!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.