Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Resort Crete, Greece [Pre-opening Thread] sched Jul 2024 (or 2025)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Resort Crete, Greece [Pre-opening Thread] sched Jul 2024 (or 2025)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Hi dauda .... I'm afraid the answer is no, no club lounge. They don't deem that it's not necessary for this type of location. Shame but is the case.
Then it should be a CP/Indigo not an IC!

The IC brand needs more clearly defining\?
Old May 9, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Modo

There are several dozen ICs without lounges, and many CPs (and even some HIs) with lounges, as discussed in several other threads. For many of us, a lounge is not the defining feature of a property, and given that most IC guests do not have access to the lounge, it is hardly a defining feature of the brand.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:38 am

It doesn't really work that way. There's a good few don't have lounges ....Porto, Bordeaux, Marseilles, Amstel jump to mind. Then there are others that don't have a physical club lounge but have club experience e.g Maldives.

Tend to agree that it should be standard. Then again not all CP's have lounges either .... does than make them a Holiday Inn :-)
Old May 10, 2024, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
There are several dozen ICs without lounges, and many CPs (and even some HIs) with lounges, as discussed in several other threads. For many of us, a lounge is not the defining feature of a property, and given that most IC guests do not have access to the lounge, it is hardly a defining feature of the brand.
Just saw you replied .... virtually word for word same as me :-) ... apologies, you more than covered
Old May 10, 2024, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Just saw you replied .... virtually word for word same as me :-) ... apologies, you more than covered
we will have to agree to disagree on my opinion

ICs are inconsistent and really need some coherent brand identity.

I stay 60 plus nights in ICs most years so Im perfectly well aware that some do not have lounges.

But as well recorded in another thread it is infuriatingly difficult to compile a definitive list of IHG group hotels that have lounges.

it looks like an Indigo similar to the one in Bali. That is not a criticism of quality or the facilities. Just an observation of inconsistency within IHG brands.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:32 am

we will have to agree to disagree on my opinion

ICs are inconsistent and really need some coherent brand identity.

I stay 60 plus nights in ICs most years so Im perfectly well aware that some do not have lounges.

But as well recorded in another thread it is infuriatingly difficult to compile a definitive list of IHG group hotels that have lounges.

it looks like an Indigo similar to the one in Bali. That is not a criticism of quality or the facilities. Just an observation of inconsistency within IHG brands.
If you know that many ICs lack lounges, just think they should, it would seem that any discussion about whether the entire chain should adopt a different model to accommodate your preferences belongs in a non-property specific thread
ffgap likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
If you know that many ICs lack lounges, just think they should, it would seem that any discussion about whether the entire chain should adopt a different model to accommodate your preferences belongs in a non-property specific thread
Agreed - Mods please move the more detailed responses.

but it doesnt make my initial observation any less relevant to this thread?
Old May 13, 2024, 10:38 am

Slightly intrigued by this one, do we have any photos or details? It seems odd the hotel did not start proper promotion this late if opening sticks to June 3rd. I could not find any photos on the web or even on social media, they do not even seem to have accounts set up at all.
Modo likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Slightly intrigued by this one, do we have any photos or details? It seems odd the hotel did not start proper promotion this late if opening sticks to June 3rd. I could not find any photos on the web or even on social media, they do not even seem to have accounts set up at all.
agreed. Am I the only one who suspects that the forum is being infiltrated by high end IHG franchises recently targeting the forum through PR agents. If so I suspect that forum members will spot such behavior pretty fast. lOL
Old May 13, 2024, 7:09 pm

agreed. Am I the only one who suspects that the forum is being infiltrated by high end IHG franchises recently targeting the forum through PR agents. If so I suspect that forum members will spot such behavior pretty fast. lOL
Um, yeah you may be the only one
nicolas75 and Mora like this.
Old May 26, 2024, 3:28 am

Has anyone been in contact with (Sr) Management at the hotel and would mind sharing their contact details? We have an upcoming stay in early June and just read on their website that they are accepting reservations from June 17th onwards (few days after our check-out date...). So far no communication from the hotel and I only have their reservation@ email. Thanks!
Old May 26, 2024, 9:00 am

Programs: IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Mystery7
Has anyone been in contact with (Sr) Management at the hotel and would mind sharing their contact details? We have an upcoming stay in early June and just read on their website that they are accepting reservations from June 17th onwards (few days after our check-out date...). So far no communication from the hotel and I only have their reservation@ email. Thanks!
Im in the same situation and called Ambassador phone and they connected me to someone in management (after them wanting to connect me to the front desk, which doesnt even operate yet haha). They mentioned that tomorrow they will contact everyone by email as it was a decision they made on Saturday due to a delay with the contractor. They mentioned something about the M Gallery Niko Seaside, so Im guessing that will be the option offered.
Old May 27, 2024, 3:43 am

That will be the "regular opening time" for the coming years.
This year it seems they only open at 25 June
Old May 27, 2024, 4:27 am

The contact number for the hotel is now on their website as off 2 days ago. I spoke to them yesterday and they confirm that the opening date is confirmed as 17th June 2024, I arrive on the 18th. Their internal comms is not yet up and running so they cannot access all of the information with reference to bookings. I'd give them a call on +306932612702, I spoke to Rania who was very helpful and explained clearly the reasons behind delayed opening dates. They will update the IHG website promptly should the opening date of 17th June be moved (hopefully not). Thanks Allan
Old May 27, 2024, 4:31 am

They open 17 June but booking are only open from 25 June on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.