Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Sindhorn Midtown Hotel Bangkok, Vignette Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sindhorn Midtown Hotel Bangkok, Vignette Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I have to say the rooms here feel like a really nice HIE or VOCO with the light colored wood, beige couches and pretty much bare walls and shelves. The bathrooms remind me of the ones in Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit. The 70-30 split windows are a turn-off. Suites are more spacious but still underwhelming. Chose to take this room immediately because it's just a 1 night stay.

The public areas are fine, gym is quite decent but the infinity pool is small. Very popular with Korean guests and there's a rooftop Korean themed bar named Anju.

Korean Bibimbap for breakfast. It was a nice try but nothing like the real thing.

I would recommend not being on too high of a floor near Anju. It gets busy and loud from 7pm onwards. Great vibe and Korean inspired cocktails though.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 28, 2023 at 6:38 am
Old Jul 28, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Fully agree that this at most should be a voco. No idea what IHG were thinking signing this on as a Vignette.

If this is hotel fairly represents the supposed Vignette 5* standard then the brand won't be for me, YMMV.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Be aware that an upgrade can also be a Premium Room, which, is just a high floor version of the standard room.
jlcchien likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 7:41 am
jxd

Originally Posted by demue
Fully agree that this at most should be a voco. No idea what IHG were thinking signing this on as a Vignette.

If this is hotel fairly represents the supposed Vignette 5* standard then the brand won't be for me, YMMV.
Vignette is a trash brand which I try to avoid. Definitely not a 5 star brand.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jxd
Vignette is a trash brand which I try to avoid. Definitely not a 5 star brand.

I'm still looking for the luxury and character.
demue, jlcchien and jxd like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:30 pm

Definitely not a luxury hotel. Feels more like a nice AirBNB, but rather cramped. I spent a night here to try it out since the IC was still under renovation last year. I wouldn't stay again, even with a free certificate.
jlcchien likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.