Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus Points Packages (from Rewards Club Update Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Bonus Points Packages (from Rewards Club Update Thread)

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Okay, how?
What am I missing?
£19.40 for 5000 point bonus package per night, plus the current 2x promo, very easy. At that price the points are worth pretty much what your paying for them

[Moderators Note:
Moved to its own thread from https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ch-2022-a.html

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum]

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 26, 2022 at 9:58 am
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by antuk
£19.40 for 5000 point bonus package per night, plus the current 2x promo, very easy. At that price the points are worth pretty much what your paying for them
Thanks!

Most I have seen is 3,000 to buy for £15 but often less points.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
I wish all these were that easy in the UK!
I found it quite easy to get to the Spire threshold this year in the UK using the bonus point packages. It helped that I was staying in cities with Indigo hotels which were cheap in January and February, and Indigo allows the purchase of 5K points per night as part of the bonus packages. Hotel prices seem to be creeping up now, but there are some good value ones if you do stay in hotels in the UK.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks all - think I have missed the opportunity
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antuk
£19.40 for 5000 point bonus package per night[...]
When calculating how much the bonus package costs, I compare the total cost of the rate that includes the bonus package to the total cost of the rate that I would use if I didn't get the bonus package. Is this the best way to think of the cost of the bonus package?

As far as I can recall, every time I made this comparison, the points were too expensive to be worth it. (However, I do not recall making this comparison during a promotion that increased the number of points, such as the 2x promotion.)
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by serpens
When calculating how much the bonus package costs, I compare the total cost of the rate that includes the bonus package to the total cost of the rate that I would use if I didn't get the bonus package. Is this the best way to think of the cost of the bonus package?

As far as I can recall, every time I made this comparison, the points were too expensive to be worth it. (However, I do not recall making this comparison during a promotion that increased the number of points, such as the 2x promotion.)
It depends on what your situation is, I compare it to the flex rate as it has the same flexibility as that booking. I don't make non refundable bookings anymore with so many unpredictable factors this day and age, however if you are sure you wont be cancelling then you could compare to the cheapest rate.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've also noticed that if I log in via the website, no additional points packages are shown.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I've also noticed that if I log in via the website, no additional points packages are shown.
Not true. They now come up in a pop up screen after you select the room type, rate as an add on.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Not true. They now come up in a pop up screen after you select the room type, rate as an add on.
Are you calling me liar?

if they popped up, I would have said so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.