Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regent Hong Kong (Pre Opening Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:47 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Regent Hong Kong (Pre Opening Master Thread)

Starting a dedicated thread for the forthcoming Regent Hong Kong now that an introductory website for the property has come online. For reference, the thread related to the renovation of the InterContinental, which the Regent will be emerging from, is available at this link.

As per the renovation thread, the hotel is planned to soft open in August 2022.

khabah

Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
From latest room rendering, bathroom looks become smaller but still have bathtub. It seems to be give up to stretch the room by extended to the edge of the building. But extended living space by shrinking of the bathroom space. (Sorry, saw the rendering by eyes only.) Room design looks Japanese contemporary luxury hotels.

Probably considered the recent travel industry situations, hotel owner decided to save the construction costs.

Regarding to restaurant outlets, almost same to InterContinental era.

Yan Toh Heen (Not back to the name of Lai Ching Heen)
NOBU Regent Hong Kong
Lobby Lounge
Harbour Side
The Steakhouse Wine Bar + Grill
Captain Bar (NEW!)

Captain Bar is the authentic bar will locate the former place of Rech by Alain Ducasse.
Neither Alain Ducasse and French restaurant will not back to the Regent Hong Kong.

Club Lounge location will be same to InterContinental era.
Atacama40 likes this.

Last edited by Raynyan; Jan 22, 2022 at 11:56 am
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Raynyan Room rendering? I’ve looked all over the Internet and haven’t found anything about the interiors. Can you share your images or sources, please?

Oops - just saw the part that you saw it with eyes only. How is the general design? Curious to know if this hotel will justify the higher room rates it will command given how it will be over 500 rooms and keeping the same footprint/bones.

khabah
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by khabah
How is the general design? Curious to know if this hotel will justify the higher room rates it will command given how it will be over 500 rooms and keeping the same footprint/bones.
It’s difficult to explain. But equipped proper bathtub and writing desk.
Simply saying, classy colours. Room size will not be changed from InterContinental era. Therefore not so spacious than recent trend of luxury hotels.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Raynyan
It’s difficult to explain. But equipped proper bathtub and writing desk.
Simply saying, classy colours. Room size will not be changed from InterContinental era. Therefore not so spacious than recent trend of luxury hotels.
The suite with harbour I used to get at this hotel would be perfectly fine to me 😅 (and I am quite sure, my dear Raynyan, that you will receive georgious suite as well!).

I loved the massive bathroom in the suite.

Hope that we will able to fly back to HKG quite soon.
Raynyan and Atacama40 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
The suite with harbour I used to get at this hotel would be perfectly fine to me 😅 (and I am quite sure, my dear Raynyan, that you will receive georgious suite as well!).

As of now, Suite design has not finalized yet. I only saw Harbour View Room and Superior Room(?) rendering.
During soft opening phase, Suites will not available.

My only concern is whether HK government will easing quarantine period before August or not. 21days are too long!

Last edited by Raynyan; Jan 23, 2022 at 2:12 pm
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:30 am

Any updates on the progress?

Seems to not even appear on IHG.com search results.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
@Raynyan did the renderings look like any of the new concept/trial rooms that was in the old IC?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
@Raynyan did the renderings look like any of the new concept/trial rooms that was in the old IC?
It was completely new. Owner declined all of past several times mockup rooms.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:43 am

Any news on an opening date?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:35 am
Original Poster

I don't know, people - attaching a photo from April 16th below. I'm having a hard time believing this one will open within the next four months seeing how covered up it is, and how quiet the property is about its reopening.

khabah

Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
The scaffolding probably takes two days to remove. Maybe the question is whether it makes sense to open a hotel right now after the the chaos that Beijing caused in the last weeks - or rather wait for more stable times.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:00 pm

The soft opening date has been postponed from August to Q4.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75

100% that. Let's hope it'd very soon. Miles to burn later year .... would be a good way spend them.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Raynyan
From latest room rendering, bathroom looks become smaller but still have bathtub. It seems to be give up to stretch the room by extended to the edge of the building. But extended living space by shrinking of the bathroom space. (Sorry, saw the rendering by eyes only.) Room design looks Japanese contemporary luxury hotels.

Probably considered the recent travel industry situations, hotel owner decided to save the construction costs.

Regarding to restaurant outlets, almost same to InterContinental era.

Yan Toh Heen (Not back to the name of Lai Ching Heen)
NOBU Regent Hong Kong
Lobby Lounge
Harbour Side
The Steakhouse Wine Bar + Grill
Captain Bar (NEW!)

Captain Bar is the authentic bar will locate the former place of Rech by Alain Ducasse.
Neither Alain Ducasse and French restaurant will not back to the Regent Hong Kong.

Club Lounge location will be same to InterContinental era.
No bad thing, Wife used to really like Harbour Side .... me too as it goes. Many happy nights there. Steakhouse and lounge also. Just works.

Yan too heen .... didn't that used to be at RC HKK? Was very good. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Philistine as I might be but I never thought the Ducasse place added so much to the proposition. Other places he practices for sure,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.