Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2022 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focus on those promotions, which are not general quarterly promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions. The promotion thread for 2020 could be found here

Promotion Offers

Targeted Offers
Raynyan
reports in this post about an offer in January 2022 offering 5000 points for a two night stay

Up to 50,000 points for up to 20 nights: See this tread

New general Promotion (2k points every two nights or 10k points every two nights) is dicsussed here

The targetted promotions for 2023 could be found in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:57 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Promotion Discussion Thread 2022

This is the thread for all posts related to discussion about promotion which might run by IHG apart from the regular (quartely / general) promotions in 2021.

Major Promotions might get its own thread, smaller promotion limited to certain regions or hotels are added in this thread. I have again added a Wiki with links to the running promotion master thread (and again I would like to highlight, that The Wiki does not necessarily have to be maintained by the moderator )

Most of you with a certain number of posts and member of flyertalk for a longer time can add these promotions to the wikipost above yourself. If you are do not yet have the possibility or do not know how to add them, post them here and alert us via the report button (red triangle with !) and one of the moderators in this forum will add them.

If you have any question to the promotions, post it here and we are sure, you will get an answer.

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jan 23, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Unlimited qualifying double points - possibly targetted

Received a mail yesterday for an unlimited qualifying double points.
Mail link does register automatically, no member number input required, so not possible to register if you didn't receive the email.

These “General Promotion Terms” shall govern all Offers under this Promotion.

You must be an IHG® Rewards member to participate in the “2X Unlimited” promotion (“Promotion”). Members can pre-register for this Promotion from 19 January 2022 until 31 January 2022. Members will be able to register, stay and earn for this Promotion beginning 1 February 2022 and ending on 31 March 2022 (“Promotion Period”). By clicking the “click to register” button for the Promotion, a member is registering for the 2X Unlimited Promotion and accepting these Terms & Conditions.

Upon registration for the Promotion, a member will be able to earn 2X points on qualifying room nights during the period of 1 February 2022 until 31 March 2022 that are part of a Qualifying Stay. Room nights prior to registration for the Promotion, as well as any room nights outside of the Promotion Period, will not be eligible for bonus points under the Promotion. The awarded bonus points will be Elite Qualifying and count towards earning IHG Rewards member status. The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be posted to your account.

Qualifying Stays are a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 for each night. Note that multiple checkouts for consecutive qualifying nights at the same hotel may count as only one (1) Qualifying Stay; non-consecutive qualifying nights at the same hotel may count as separate Qualifying Stays. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible for the applicable points, or other benefits (if any) available under the Promotion. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible for the applicable points, or other benefits (if any), available under the Promotion. If a member books more than one room on the same night, they will only receive bonus points for the Promotion on the room with the higher room rate for each qualifying night. For additional details on Qualifying Stays and Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG® Rewards Members Terms and Conditions.

For the 2X Unlimited Promotion, earning “2X” or “2X points” on stays until 31 March 2022 means the total number of regular “base points” and promotional “bonus points” combined will equal two (2) times the base points the member would normally receive just for being an IHG® Rewards member. These bonus points count towards Elite status. For example, under the 2X Unlimited Promotion, for a one-night Qualifying Stay with a room rate of $100.00 at an IHG hotel with a 10 points per USD earn rate for base points, the member would earn 1,000 base points (10 points x $100 = 1,000 points) and an additional 1,000 promotional bonus points, for a total of 2,000 points. The promotional bonus points under this Promotion are calculated based solely on the base points the member is eligible to earn for a Qualifying Stay just for being an IHG® Rewards member, and any Elite status bonus points or any other bonus or promotional points the member may be eligible to receive for the same stay are not included.

The 2X Unlimited promotion is not subject to a promotional bonus points cap, so members are eligible to earn an unlimited number of bonus points during the Promotion Period. Members will be awarded points based on qualifying nights until 31 March 2022 at IHG® Hotels & Resorts, with some exclusions. The Promotion is available only at participating Six Senses® Hotels, Resorts & Spas, as identified on each hotel’s booking page.

The points earned during the 2X Unlimited Promotion can be used towards Reward Nights, can be redeemed for merchandise, or can be used for other redemption opportunities, as permitted under the IHG® Rewards programme. The Promotion is subject to the IHG® Rewards programme terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be found at IHG® Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions or by visiting www.ihgrewards.com. Members can only participate in one promotion at a time, unless otherwise specifically allowed by IHG. IHG expressly reserves the right to remove a member’s points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected, and any fraudulent activity relating to a member’s account or this Promotion is subject to the IHG® Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, including any of the identified actions that may be taken in response to such activity. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards reserves the right of final interpretation of the Promotion, as well as the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Members must make any promotional enquiries within 60 days from the end of the Promotional Period, which for this purpose is 31 March 2022.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Get a 20% discount on Reward Nights - possibly targetted

If this is not the correct thread, please let me know.

An email offer just appeared.
This discount offer (“Offer”) is available to those IHG® Rewards members who have a Chase IHG® Rewards Club credit card and who have been granted access to the discount when booking a Reward Night at a participating hotel through the IHG reservations site while signed in to their IHG® Rewards account. The Offer is for a 20% discount off the number of points needed to book a stay using points only. The cash portion of Points & Cash will also be discounted by 20% for each available option. Only those Reward Nights booked by 2/8/2022 for stays during the period from 1/26/2022 through 3/13/2022 qualify for the Offer. The 20% discount is offered at time of booking as identified on participating hotel’s booking page. This Offer and any redemption of points for Reward Nights are subject to the general IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions . The Offer is not available to use along with the “Fourth Reward Night Free” cardmember benefit when booking a stay of 4 or more consecutive Reward Nights. The Offer will be applied for eligible cardmembers booking 3 or fewer consecutive Reward Nights. This offer is not from Chase. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services.
I did not follow what I assume is a personalized (tracking) link. Since the terms say the offer is not available with the Fourth Reward Night Free benefit, I assume the offer came because I hold the IHG Premier credit card. Since I also hold the IHG Select credit card, I wonder if I would get 10% points back after a stay where I got 20% off the points rate.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by longliveKA
Received a mail yesterday for an unlimited qualifying double points.
Mail link does register automatically, no member number input required, so not possible to register if you didn't receive the email.

These “General Promotion Terms” shall govern all Offers under this Promotion.

You must be an IHG® Rewards member to participate in the “2X Unlimited” promotion (“Promotion”). Members can pre-register for this Promotion from 19 January 2022 until 31 January 2022. Members will be able to register, stay and earn for this Promotion beginning 1 February 2022 and ending on 31 March 2022 (“Promotion Period”). By clicking the “click to register” button for the Promotion, a member is registering for the 2X Unlimited Promotion and accepting these Terms & Conditions.

Upon registration for the Promotion, a member will be able to earn 2X points on qualifying room nights during the period of 1 February 2022 until 31 March 2022 that are part of a Qualifying Stay. Room nights prior to registration for the Promotion, as well as any room nights outside of the Promotion Period, will not be eligible for bonus points under the Promotion. The awarded bonus points will be Elite Qualifying and count towards earning IHG Rewards member status. The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be posted to your account.

Qualifying Stays are a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 for each night. Note that multiple checkouts for consecutive qualifying nights at the same hotel may count as only one (1) Qualifying Stay; non-consecutive qualifying nights at the same hotel may count as separate Qualifying Stays. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible for the applicable points, or other benefits (if any) available under the Promotion. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible for the applicable points, or other benefits (if any), available under the Promotion. If a member books more than one room on the same night, they will only receive bonus points for the Promotion on the room with the higher room rate for each qualifying night. For additional details on Qualifying Stays and Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG® Rewards Members Terms and Conditions.

For the 2X Unlimited Promotion, earning “2X” or “2X points” on stays until 31 March 2022 means the total number of regular “base points” and promotional “bonus points” combined will equal two (2) times the base points the member would normally receive just for being an IHG® Rewards member. These bonus points count towards Elite status. For example, under the 2X Unlimited Promotion, for a one-night Qualifying Stay with a room rate of $100.00 at an IHG hotel with a 10 points per USD earn rate for base points, the member would earn 1,000 base points (10 points x $100 = 1,000 points) and an additional 1,000 promotional bonus points, for a total of 2,000 points. The promotional bonus points under this Promotion are calculated based solely on the base points the member is eligible to earn for a Qualifying Stay just for being an IHG® Rewards member, and any Elite status bonus points or any other bonus or promotional points the member may be eligible to receive for the same stay are not included.

The 2X Unlimited promotion is not subject to a promotional bonus points cap, so members are eligible to earn an unlimited number of bonus points during the Promotion Period. Members will be awarded points based on qualifying nights until 31 March 2022 at IHG® Hotels & Resorts, with some exclusions. The Promotion is available only at participating Six Senses® Hotels, Resorts & Spas, as identified on each hotel’s booking page.

The points earned during the 2X Unlimited Promotion can be used towards Reward Nights, can be redeemed for merchandise, or can be used for other redemption opportunities, as permitted under the IHG® Rewards programme. The Promotion is subject to the IHG® Rewards programme terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be found at IHG® Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions or by visiting www.ihgrewards.com. Members can only participate in one promotion at a time, unless otherwise specifically allowed by IHG. IHG expressly reserves the right to remove a member’s points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected, and any fraudulent activity relating to a member’s account or this Promotion is subject to the IHG® Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, including any of the identified actions that may be taken in response to such activity. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® Rewards reserves the right of final interpretation of the Promotion, as well as the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Members must make any promotional enquiries within 60 days from the end of the Promotional Period, which for this purpose is 31 March 2022.
Although this says allow up to 6 weeks to post, does anyone have any real world experience of how long the bonus points take to post?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
2x Points posting

Hi

Has the 2x qualifying points started posting?

I had a stay where the normal points have posted but the 2x points have not.

Any updated please.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: PC Plat IC RA / SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Hi

Any updated please.
I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to earn points.
The T&C is said to take up to 6 weeks.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Hi

Any updated please.

Checkout - 7th Feb

Usual points posted - 9th Feb

Double points posted - 18th Feb - and added to the cumulative qualifying points total.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Kimpton de Witt Amsterdam

Checkout - 28/2/22

Usual poiints posted 2/3/222

Double points posted 3/3/22
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:09 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

There seems to be a promotion earning you up to 50k points for 20 nights, which is discussed here.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Not sure if this counts as an official promotion,. Ut I received a (probably targeted?) email earlier today offering me a free 3-month upgrade from current Gold to Platinum, with the opportunity to keep the status with 5 nights and upgrade to Diamond with 10 nights. Offer can be redeemed anytime between today and July 31st and 3-month timer starts after registration.

I have a single IC stay currently scheduled for September, so I'll hold off on redeeming for now. Great timing though
Old May 20, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Not sure if this counts as an official promotion,. Ut I received a (probably targeted?) email earlier today offering me a free 3-month upgrade from current Gold to Platinum, with the opportunity to keep the status with 5 nights and upgrade to Diamond with 10 nights. Offer can be redeemed anytime between today and July 31st and 3-month timer starts after registration.

I have a single IC stay currently scheduled for September, so I'll hold off on redeeming for now. Great timing though
It's a general offer, open to everyone except people in Greater China: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...tatuschallenge
Old May 21, 2022, 7:31 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else

Status challenge for anyone holding status elsewhere, I just registered seems to work for existing accounts. I am Accor Plat (already qualified for IHG Plat this year on points until 31/12/23) but Diamond in 15 nights over 120 days is great, especially since I missed the lowered thresholds earlier this year by not much.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...tatuschallenge

If you are a member with Accor, Best Western, Choice, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Radisson or Wyndham (all free to join) you can get automatic IHG One Rewards Platinum status to try out for 120 days. Then if you complete 5 nights within 120 days of registering you can keep that status until December 2023 and if you complete 10 additional nights (15 total) within that same 120 days you will get their higher Diamond Elite Status Level until the end of 2023.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jun 21, 2022 at 9:59 am
Old May 22, 2022, 1:47 pm

I signed up for this promotion but have not received the immediate upgrade to platinum. Have complained to IHG but they have not been able to resolve. Very frustrating.
Old May 22, 2022, 1:57 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by monkeytennis
I signed up for this promotion but have not received the immediate upgrade to platinum. Have complained to IHG but they have not been able to resolve. Very frustrating.
I got an email a bit after signing up saying welcome to Platinum until 31/12/23, I crossed 60K points earlier this week so I do not know which of those two events triggered it unfortunately. You should gave gotten an offer confirmation email as well which is all you need.
Old May 22, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I got an email a bit after signing up saying welcome to Platinum until 31/12/23, I crossed 60K points earlier this week so I do not know which of those two events triggered it unfortunately. You should gave gotten an offer confirmation email as well which is all you need.
i got the offer confirmation email fine. But no status change. I’ve now called 3 times to get it sorted and each time I get nowhere. None of the agents seem to understand the offer or are prepared to help. I’ve got 20 days at IHG properties coming up and I’m going to miss out on the benefits of this offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.