Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Instead (or in advance) of an annual renewal, Ambassador members who meet the criteria can ask for a one time extension (avail once per life of the member)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions
  1. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
    1. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    2. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six-month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
    3. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG® and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHG’s sole discretion. Any extension granted excludes the extension or issuance of any Complimentary Weekend Night certificates.
    4. Extensions for Royal Ambassadors are not available.
    5. The two (2) and six (6) month membership extensions cannot be combined into a combined eight (8) month extension. The two different extension periods must be applied in two (2) separate membership years.
Print Wikipost

Renew IHG Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
The 10x for the card, as the AMB transaction was done separately from the room folio. Although years ago when I first signed up for AMB at IC HK (now Regent), it was included in the folio.

Sometimes Chase does have merchant offers for 5%/10% back on IHG properties on the IHG card, so keep an look out for that as well.
Thanks. I do keep a lookout on the Chase merchant offers, but never seem to get lucky.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Cannot renew online (IHG has some sort of bug) and called today to renew and they can't renew over the phone either. Same bug is affecting them. Way to go IHG IT. Phone rep said renewal will still earn 15k points 30 days after expiry (some sort of grace period). We shall see.

Also - IHG property said I cannot renew in person and was required to call. I recall reading somewhere in this thread someone renewed in person. At least at the IHG Miami, you can't do this
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Cannot renew online (IHG has some sort of bug) and called today to renew and they can't renew over the phone either. Same bug is affecting them. Way to go IHG IT. Phone rep said renewal will still earn 15k points 30 days after expiry (some sort of grace period). We shall see.

Also - IHG property said I cannot renew in person and was required to call. I recall reading somewhere in this thread someone renewed in person. At least at the IHG Miami, you can't do this
I renewed in person just last weekend in NYC. The 15K points are already in my account, with a posting date of the next day.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:32 am

Do you know if it is possible to renew in an IC without currently staying there?
My membership ends this Sunday and I tried as well to renew without success. I’m waiting for an answer from Ambassador Customer Service as well.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:56 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by FlyingFrenchie
Do you know if it is possible to renew in an IC without currently staying there?
My membership ends this Sunday and I tried as well to renew without success. I’m waiting for an answer from Ambassador Customer Service as well.
Call, they can charge you using creditcard.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:57 pm

Is the 15k points always around or a limited time only? I could renew now but rather wait until closer to my deadline to decide. Also, if I have an IHG AmEx offer will it kick in for an online renewal of my ambassador or only if I do it at a hotel?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For AMB renewal the 15k pay 200 USD has been around continuously for many, many years. Should be fine to wait till closer to your renewal date.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by PES_B1
Call, they can charge you using creditcard.
Thanks! I just did that. At first she had an error as well but I was put on hold and it was processed. I immediately received the 15k points and the new certificate
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
I have the usual offer to renew (for me by April 1st) and receive 15,000 points. I am not planning any IC stays over the next couple of months, so could leave this renewal till later. Can anyone advise what would happen to renewal offer? Would I get another offer to renew after April 1st, or is it just signing up again new (currently with no promotion around).
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by justin1123
I have the usual offer to renew (for me by April 1st) and receive 15,000 points. I am not planning any IC stays over the next couple of months, so could leave this renewal till later. Can anyone advise what would happen to renewal offer? Would I get another offer to renew after April 1st, or is it just signing up again new (currently with no promotion around).
Your previous subscription would lapse and you would have to buy a new one. Same cost (US$200 or 40K points) but you wouldn't get the 15K renewal bonus.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
When I tried last week the renewal link online was not working. I wanted to renew with the worthless points and the error message indicated there was a problem with my payment method. LOL!

I tried to use the chat feature to connect but gave up after a while.

I emailed them and they were able to do it for me via email. They gave me -- without me even needing to ask -- about 4K points for the inconvenience.
demue and HadesNL like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
When I tried last week the renewal link online was not working. I wanted to renew with the worthless points and the error message indicated there was a problem with my payment method. LOL!

I tried to use the chat feature to connect but gave up after a while.

I emailed them and they were able to do it for me via email. They gave me -- without me even needing to ask -- about 4K points for the inconvenience.
I thought it was my cards now working so I gave up
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:10 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I tried to extend today but the website didn't accept any of my payment cards (debit and credit alike). I thought they may no longer like me...

Will try the email route as well if it still won't work in a day or so.

Gongzuokuang Did you just reply to the email or did you have a dedicated email address?

HTB.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Update on mine. I never got the payment to work. Called IHG customer svcs and they couldn't get it to work either. Ambassador line managed it, but had to try a couple of different ways. They gave me the 15k fine (did it on the last day of offer).
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:07 pm

I mean ... how difficult can it be to process a 200$ card paymemt ... I have until 1 May to renew so will wait it out, perhaps they could fix it until then. Worst case, I will just go to the local IC (lucky to have one) and renew there.
kevino likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.