Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Deep redemption discounts in some locations & dynamic award pricing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deep redemption discounts in some locations & dynamic award pricing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Still working fine, just pencilled in some Dubai Festival City nights.

So frustrating that Regent Montenegro not available for dates I am there and paying cash!
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Got in very late. Just managed to replace 2 existing Staybridge in London for November 2022 from 49K and 32K to 20K. Trying to book a 4 night the system errored out. Try another country, single night even though it showed pricing on first screen, same error happened.
I logged out and now the system could not log me back in, just having the dreaded circle...
The party might be over.
Got an error on the website. Tried the same booking on the app and it worked.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Raffles
Still working fine, just pencilled in some Dubai Festival City nights.

So frustrating that Regent Montenegro not available for dates I am there and paying cash!
Yup I made some speculative bookings for IC Amstel at beginning of a planed Europe trip next year. Can't argue with Premium City View room at 40k/ night if it stays that way. We shall see how this turns out.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The hotels don't care as they get the same from IHG regardless.

Is IHG going to risk blowback? Probably not.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Raffles
The hotels don't care as they get the same from IHG regardless.

Is IHG going to risk blowback? Probably not.
Yes, you are absolutely right Rob, this would be entirely on IHG as reimbursement rates to properties are the same, regardless how many points were used to redeem a night (only if 95% sold out IIRC do the hotels get paid BAR or close to BAR, but that is a different story altogether).

​​​​Maybe it's one of those Diamond special reward nights sales they mentioned when launching the new tier .
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I made some reservations at good redemption rates, but have not received email confirmations. Have other people seen email confirmations of the good deals? Or any reservations since this started? Or any cancellations?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:02 am

still works on the app
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by serpens
I made some reservations at good redemption rates, but have not received email confirmations. Have other people seen email confirmations of the good deals? Or any reservations since this started? Or any cancellations?
I'd reckon their reservation system and email server(s) is doing overtime right now and I have seen emails take a while to come in, both confirmations and cancellations. You can log on via website and go to the reservation and manually trigger the email confirmation again from there. Or give it a bit of time.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Lost this thread and just posted about a special points rate at indigo Seminyak for January 2023 5 nights at 30k points each night

I haven’t received the confirmation email but I can see the reservation in my IHG profile.

I hope there won’t be any problem….
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
35k Points for Intercontinental Singapore FYI, just burned 2 certs and some points there for next year.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just using Tokyo as an example, seeing the discounted rates in January 2023 but not next month for example. Not sure if this "sale" starts after a certain date?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0
Just using Tokyo as an example, seeing the discounted rates in January 2023 but not next month for example. Not sure if this "sale" starts after a certain date?
Supposedly 2023 "sale"
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Huge fan of this sale! Booked a total of twelve 4-nighters at ICs Paris, London, Rome, Cascais, Lyon, Amstel, Geneva, and Kimpton Vividora. Not at all a bad deal at 27k points/night (after Chase 4NF and 10% points discount). Also finally a good use of those stupid 40k points certs! Not gambling on Japan opening up anytime soon, though -- had to cancel way too many speculative reservations in the past 2 1/2 years.

Made the mistake 10+ years ago of holding on to IHG (then: PC) points when the top hotels cost 40k points/night, so would be lovely to clear out a good chunk of my balance at these "original" rates ... especially becaue back then the argument was, no benefits on awards plus need to rack up qualifying nights for RA ... now Diamond should at least get some minor upgrades plus breakfast.
SanDiego1K, Happy, mlqsko and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:44 pm

Looks like it's over and back to dynamic pricing btw (at least in taiwan and singapore)
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Got in for a 4-night stay in Paris in May 2023, IC Paris - Le Grand for 30k/night. I started checking other dates around my booking and some properties/brands have reverted back to dynamic pricing while others haven't. I guess it's only a matter of time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.