Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spire Elite Status + Executive Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Jer Lar
People just don’t understand how IHG works. Intercontinental lounges are far superior to Marriott and Hilton in every way.

1. The drink selection is of higher quality. You have way better wines and liquor selection.
2. The lounges aren’t packed. Hilton and Marriott elite status is so easy to obtain or buy that the lounge experience is just horrible due to the amount of people having access.
3. Intercon lounges have way higher food quality.
4. Intercon lounges don’t allow kids.

In my opinion, club lounge is an aspiration. What’s the point of calling it a club is access to it is so easy?

I agree though spires should at least get free breakfast but then again intercon has some of the highest quality breakfast I’ve ever had compared to the others.
It's not surprising that some IC lounges are superior to Hiltons and Marriotts, because they're not supposed to be targeting the same market segment. Crowne Plaza is the IHG brand supposedly competing with Hiltons and Marriotts, IHG believes ICs are in the lower-end luxury segment with Conrad and JW Marriott (whether that is actually the case is a different matter!). Comparing lounges at Conrad/JWM properties is much less favourable to InterContinentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.