FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New Accelerate Promotion (May 01, 2019 - August 31, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1967442-new-accelerate-promotion-may-01-2019-august-31-2019-a.html)

Croptop Jun 19, 2019 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by b8brooks (Post 31219339)
I'm an infrequent IHG customer, but my Accelerate offer actually has tempted me to shuffle summer travel stays toward IHG properties. I think it's a good offer, certainly for my travel patterns and needs.

12,000 - Discover Our Brands
Stay at 2 brands and get 12,000 bonus points

8,000 - Saturday Stays Bonus
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,000 bonus points.

4,500 - Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 4,500 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.

5,600 - Stay at 2 IHG® Hotels
Stay at 2 IHG® hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points.

30,100 - Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 30,100 bonus points

So, basically, two two-night weekend stays at different brands, plus one Points and Cash booking, for 60,200 bonus points.

That seems like a pretty solid offer to me (but I'm a newb). For comparison, my offers are:
8,400 - Discover Our Brands
5,600 - Saturday Stays Bonus
5,600 - Stay at 2 IHG Hotels
6,600 - Earn More, Faster (book 2 Bonus Points Package stays)

I find it interesting that my "Discover our Brands" and "Saturday Stays Bonus" tasks offered fewer bonus points than yours did. And I don't seem to have an offer to receive added bonus points for completing all 4 challenges. Oh well, that's the nature of "personalised" promos I guess.

xenole Jun 20, 2019 4:26 am

3-5 weeks now for 2 of my completed tasks to update.

emofeng Jun 21, 2019 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Croptop (Post 31219840)
As a data point for you to decide if it's time to escalate, I completed 2 of my Accelerate tasks with a 2-day stay at an HIX this past weekend (Friday and Saturday night stay). The points (including the Accelerate task bonus points) posted to my account by Tuesday morning and my Accelerate dashboard was updated accordingly.

I should note that this is my first time actually taking part in the Accelerate promo so I have no prior experience to gauge this against.

Thanks! I will escalate since my previous 3-4 accelerate promotions have always updated itself within a week.

uastarflyer Jun 22, 2019 5:14 am

Typically my stay based tasks post quickly - 3-5 days. Things like stay at 2 brands, do a 4 night stay, etc

Hiw long does the “pay for a stay with your IHG MasterCard” take to post? Is it linked to your CC monthly closing date? Anyone know?

serpens Jun 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 31228136)
Hiw long does the “pay for a stay with your IHG MasterCard” take to post?

Four weeks later, my task did not show completed. I would have called, but I've been busy (reading FlyerTalk, among other things).

CalItalian Jun 23, 2019 11:50 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 31228136)
Typically my stay based tasks post quickly - 3-5 days. Things like stay at 2 brands, do a 4 night stay, etc

Hiw long does the “pay for a stay with your IHG MasterCard” take to post? Is it linked to your CC monthly closing date? Anyone know?

As soon as the stay posts. No, it is not linked to your credit card closing date. I had this task in the previous Accelerate.

kitbag1984 Jun 23, 2019 11:25 pm

Anyone know why I don’t get this offer anymore? Used to get a accelerate like clockwork but for the last two it says I’m not eligible. I have been staying at ihg so it is annoying.

RedElmo Jun 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by kitbag1984 (Post 31233109)
Anyone know why I don’t get this offer anymore? Used to get a accelerate like clockwork but for the last two it says I’m not eligible. I have been staying at ihg so it is annoying.

You answered it. You have been staying there. No need to give you incentive to stay.

Last qtr I got a crappy 2X only. I didn’t stay with ihg at all. This qtr I got a decent promo.

uastarflyer Jun 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian (Post 31231583)
As soon as the stay posts. No, it is not linked to your credit card closing date. I had this task in the previous Accelerate.

My stay posted but it has not been credited to the “use an IHG credit card” task yet. It has been 3 biz days since the stay posted.

kitbag1984 Jun 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Thanks I would have been happy with even a small offer !

joe_miami Jun 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by kitbag1984 (Post 31233109)

It appears IHG is breaking up the Accelerate offers into different periods for different members. I, too, was puzzled by being ineligible for the one that started in May, but today I received an Accelerate offer for July 1 to October 31. Anyone who wasn't eligible for the May offer should check their email and/or IHG account.

I assume the new promo should, as usual, have its own thread, so I started one here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...l#post31239335

lwildernorva Jun 26, 2019 9:08 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva (Post 31214904)
I have received credit for the 4.5K bonus points in my account and have canceled the reservation. The 4.5K bonus, the 5K used, and the 5K purchased have been placed in my account. Now, I'll wait to see if the 4.5K gets clawed back and the completed task rescinded. If not, I'm ahead of the game; if not, I bought 5K points, spent $40 to test my theory, and still have nearly two months to book and complete a C&P stay.

It's now three days after the checkout for my "stay" connected with this task. The points from the task as well as credit for the completed task remain on my Accelerate dashboard. I haven't completed two more tasks necessary for the full Accelerate bonus although my currently planned stays should put me over the top, and my last scheduled stay is far enough before August 31 that I should have time to do another P&C if for some reason IHG claws back the completion of the P&C task, but my experience here indicates that a P&C stay booked but canceled will qualify as a completed task.

Points Scrounger Jun 26, 2019 12:49 pm

I did a Points + Cash redemption and stay in early May that should have netted me 4500 points. To date, my dashboard remains bare. So, the other day I wrote to customer service, receiving this reply yesterday:

My name is... and I'm happy to help you with your Ambassador Spire Elite account.

I see that you're looking for your points from Stay for Less and Earn offer.

I'm sorry we're unable to post the points now because we're having issues on our system. Don't worry, we'll keep your account monitored. Once the issue is fixed, we'll post your points right away.

lwildernorva Jun 26, 2019 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 31242429)
I did a Points + Cash redemption and stay in early May that should have netted me 4500 points. To date, my dashboard remains bare. So, the other day I wrote to customer service, receiving this reply yesterday:

My name is... and I'm happy to help you with your Ambassador Spire Elite account.

I see that you're looking for your points from Stay for Less and Earn offer.

I'm sorry we're unable to post the points now because we're having issues on our system. Don't worry, we'll keep your account monitored. Once the issue is fixed, we'll post your points right away.

IHG's IT must be really odd. I have followed this thread, of course, and have seen the multiple reports of folks having problems with stays posting and tasks being marked as complete. I haven't had a single issue with that. With the exception of the "pay for a stay with the IHG Select," which I knew would take weeks to post because the payment for a stay doesn't post until after the statement date has closed, all of my tasks have been marked with either progress or completion in about three days.

You'd think it should either work or not work pretty equally across different members, but clearly that is not the case.

Concerto Jun 27, 2019 1:28 am

Completed a few tasks over the weekend, namely the book 2 bonus points packages one and the book with points and cash one. I haven't ha anything credit to my account yet, and the Accelerate page shows zero progress. I thought these things posted at the same time as the regular points for the stay, so the task page updated itself immediately. Or has something changed, which will now require manual intervention?

Although everything posted correctly in terms of the points for the stays (including 1,000 bonus points each time for the bonus points packages) I had a bit of a struggle with the bill for the Holiday Inn Express Bridgewater, SW England, at checkout. Somehow the girl had added 13 pints of beer to my bill (I had had one free one with the gold member drink voucher and one paid one). I guess she typed the thing in wrong, but just as well I am checking everything before signing off on the credit card. In the end, the manager waived the lot. Then I had to politely struggle with the DCC scam, where they were insisting on billing me in Swiss francs (the currency of my card) whereas I wanted to pay in English pounds. New hotel, teething troubles?

By the way, you've ordered a drink or two and you want to charge it to your room (to get more points or for convenience). Just make sure you check the paper slip they bring to your table before signing it.