Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Center (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Center (Master Thread)

Stay Report - 4/21 - 4/22

Location: The hotel is located just off I-77 and Tyvola Road about 15 minutes south of downtown Charlotte. Its location on I-77 makes it easy to drive downtown or to the trendier neighborhoods in Charlotte as well as CLT very easily. Near the hotel are a Hilton, a McDonalds, a BBQ restaurant,a Chili's and some other restaurants and gas stations.

Hotel: Like many CPs this is an older property that has changed hands numerous times. The building itself dates back to 1983 however it's in pretty good shape. There's a large parking lot (parking is free), a renovated lobby which has a bar and restaurant that serve food until midnight (though a limited menu between 10 and 12) and they do room service. There's also a small sundry store and a business center.

Check In: I was assisted by a very helpful and friendly agent who thanked me for being Spire Elite and told me I'd been upgraded to a balcony room on their top (19th) floor. I was also offered a welcome amenity of either 600 points or a drink and snack voucher

Room: A little on the aging side but still pretty good. Large, comfortable bed with outlets near it, large TV, setee, somewhat cramped bathroom but with a really nice shower at least. Wifi worked well and soundproofing was good too.

This hotel is pretty cheap on the weekends and worked well for my business in Charlotte, I'd be back.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:57 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thanks for the great review @CMK10

I also have added the hotel to the master thread.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
IIRC, it was originally a Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.