Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Heathrow T4 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you don't have baggage to collect, then if arriving into T5 internationally (not domestically) you can leave from any terminal by airside bus. As already mentioned, after 21:00 hrs the airside bus becomes less viable since the last flights are a bit after 22:00 hrs, so at a certain point no-one can be connecting, and the service stops. I've given details of the landside bus service 482 and 490 above in post 41, including the boarding location.
got that, yes we will only have our carryons as BA will hold onto our checked bags.

What about Weds morn T4 to T5, is it possible to go thru security @ T4 and take the airside bus to T5 or if you arent flying out of T4 they wont let you thru?

Someone mentioned a landside bus H30, whats the story with that especially T5 to T4 bet 2100 and 2200

I apologize for all the questions but if we finally do get to LHR the last thing we want is to play around with the transport, although we should be landing at 2010, todays 164 from TLV is delayed by 1 1/2 hrs since the Inbound 165 was delayed. And who knows what tomorrow will bring and if BA will still fly in or if it does take off, if it will have to divert or not

the easiest thing is to board 1 mode of transport and then get off at T4, the least amount of transfers the better and an extra few min sto accomplish this is OK
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by theroz
What about Weds morn T4 to T5, is it possible to go thru security @ T4 and take the airside bus to T5 or if you arent flying out of T4 they wont let you thru?
Correct - see post 43.

Someone mentioned a landside bus H30, whats the story with that especially T5 to T4 bet 2100 and 2200
H30 runs in the early hours of the morning (03:12 is the first bus, 04:32 the last), more to allow staff to get around the Heathrow estate before and at the end of night shifts. So H30 is not going to help at those times though it is free of charge unlike 482/490.

the easiest thing is to board 1 mode of transport and then get off at T4, the least amount of transfers the better and an extra few min sto accomplish this is OK
Indeed, hence the advice to use 482 or 490 in both directions. These buses starts and terminates at T5, so from T5 to CP you can't go wrong, and then CP to T5 the bus will be marked as going to T5 on the front. T4 is actually a very small airport, so when you get there you will immediately see how it works in terms of the one way system and bus stops. It's not difficult. Just have one contactless payment card per person, tap it on the big yellow button by the driver and wait for a bleep.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:18 pm

Correct - see post 43.

H30 runs in the early hours of the morning (03:12 is the first bus, 04:32 the last), more to allow staff to get around the Heathrow estate before and at the end of night shifts. So H30 is not going to help at those times though it is free of charge unlike 482/490.

Indeed, hence the advice to use 482 or 490 in both directions. These buses starts and terminates at T5, so from T5 to CP you can't go wrong, and then CP to T5 the bus will be marked as going to T5 on the front. T4 is actually a very small airport, so when you get there you will immediately see how it works in terms of the one way system and bus stops. It's not difficult. Just have one contactless payment card per person, tap it on the big yellow button by the driver and wait for a bleep.
My bad, I didnt read it as 482 or 490 but as 482 and 490 thought it would take 2 buses and didnt want to deal with that. But the 482 or 490 it will be unless we get in way before 2100, which I highly doubt and grab the airside bus
Old Oct 10, 2023, 3:45 pm

If you don't have baggage to collect, then if arriving into T5 internationally (not domestically) you can leave from any terminal by airside bus. As already mentioned, after 21:00 hrs the airside bus becomes less viable since the last flights are a bit after 22:00 hrs, so at a certain point no-one can be connecting, and the service stops. I've given details of the landside bus service 482 and 490 above in post 41, including the boarding location.

Sitting in our suite at The CP, not bad for a free night cert from Chases CC. Anyway since got in around 2000 we decided to try the airside bus, we said wed go down and if its a long wait go catch the tfl bus. Well we got there at 2038 and it said next bus 2040. And thats where the good news ends. Turns out at least at night the bus goes to T2 where you get off and the T4 bus is waiting (exactly what we didnt want) then we left after a few mins but after a couple of mins came to a stop, seems theres some work being done and theres only 1 lane for traffic in both directions and you have to follow a lead car. Then we came to a traffic light and sat another 10 mins before it turned green for us to proceed. All in all it took apx 40 mins to go from T5 to T4, Wont make that mistake in the morning. Although it was neat driving around the airport airside
Old Dec 17, 2023, 2:11 am

Hi all, just weighing up my options. There will be me, the wife and our 5 month infant travelling to Heathrow T4 on 20th Jan. We will be staying there one night before travelling on QR10 the following morning. We have a train booked from the north to Kings Cross. I have noticed on the date we are travelling, that the Elizabeth line will be closed so our best option will be the Piccadilly line. We will have a fair bit of luggage so we need to make it as hassle free as possible. Am I right in thinking, just get the tube to T4 and then use the walkway?

I have read if we stay at the premier inn or Hilton, we could get a bus from Heathrow T2/T3 station. So far, I have booked a free cancellation for Crowne Plaza (Diamond) and will meet some friends at the restaurant that night. Appreciate any valuable advice and information that could help.

thanks
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
From mainline to Piccadilly line at KX can be a bit tortuous especially with baggage and kids! That said if you take your time it is doable. Journey can be a bit tiresome too with so many stops.

Underground at T4 to CP is easy. Just get off and put everything on luggage trolleys. Go up the elevator to Departures and a poorly sign posted walkway at the far right end of that floor leads to the CP.

You can fit - just about - 2 trolleys in the elevator from the walkway up to reception. No problem taking trolley up to your room and then leaving in a lobby on same floor for reuse LOL.

Based on also taking QR 10 in November we were in the QR lounge using business class check in in less than 30 minutes from exiting the room. Nice lounge but breakfast bakery goods were poor.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Modo
From mainline to Piccadilly line at KX can be a bit tortuous especially with baggage and kids! That said if you take your time it is doable. Journey can be a bit tiresome too with so many stops.

Underground at T4 to CP is easy. Just get off and put everything on luggage trolleys. Go up the elevator to Departures and a poorly sign posted walkway at the far right end of that floor leads to the CP.

You can fit - just about - 2 trolleys in the elevator from the walkway up to reception. No problem taking trolley up to your room and then leaving in a lobby on same floor for reuse LOL.

Based on also taking QR 10 in November we were in the QR lounge using business class check in in less than 30 minutes from exiting the room. Nice lounge but breakfast bakery goods were poor.
thankyou for your speedy response. Never even thought about the trollies. We were fairly well travelled before the infant turned up, but it will take slightly more effort and adaptability.

Even though the breakfast has really good reviews at the CP, we will have access to the QR lounge, so will just have breakfast in there.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rich

Even though the breakfast has really good reviews at the CP, we will have access to the QR lounge, so will just have breakfast in there.
Never even considered breakfasting at The CP given the flight time. The QR lounge at T4 knocked socks off GC and even GF at T5. But unless you were already attuned to Middle Eastern breakfast the bakery selection was poor and mostly stale. And of course you cant use bacon and pork sausage to create a builders breakfast. Chicken sausage and baked beans doesnt work for me.

re the hotel. Even the Premium Club Floor room we were upgraded to felt like HIX in Asia. But fine for an overnight with an early flight.

TBH I have normally used the HIX which is really the same building and lifts - and lounge apart - very little difference!

The Club Lounge was OK.

Last edited by Modo; Dec 17, 2023 at 4:09 am
Old May 30, 2024, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Any recommendations on food? I'm staying here tomorrow and couldn't find any comments on the hotel restaurant. I've stayed at Hilton T4 once and tried their OXBO restaurant which was just OK. Should I stick to dinner or Hilton or is the CP worth trying? Any other options in the direct vicinity?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.