Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Prepaid Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by rdh0924
Was your replacement due to your old one expiring? If so, your replacement had 3 months until it expired again, right?
Yes, it was due to the old one expiring in Oct 2020. They issued a replacement with 6-month validity till April 2021. I am now trying to empty the value inside by doing staycation in home town given that no leisure travelling is allowed at this juncture.
rdh0924 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I still haven't got mine - it's been almost 2 months (their second attempt to send the card as the first one never arrives).
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
I still haven't got mine - it's been almost 2 months (their second attempt to send the card as the first one never arrives).
Mine took close to 2 months to arrive in Singapore after I put in the request to get a replacement card issued. I am relieved that I can finally offload the credits inside. This is a good product but poor execution.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Mine took exactly one-mth to arrive my place in SE Asia after directly phoned Blackhawk Network HQ instead useless number behind card. Comes in black color design instead white. Great!
Old May 24, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Is this now discontinued? Cannot find it in the rewards catalog
Old May 24, 2021, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by s1362083
Is this now discontinued? Cannot find it in the rewards catalog
I suspect that this has been discontinued. My existing card has expired and I called them to reissue a renewal card since there are still value in the card. The renewal card no longer comes with the IHG Logo. Just a plain mastercard look on the card face.
Old May 27, 2021, 7:48 am

Has the IHG prepaid card been discontinued in all catalogues / all countries??
Old Jul 16, 2021, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hclee01
I suspect that this has been discontinued. My existing card has expired and I called them to reissue a renewal card since there are still value in the card. The renewal card no longer comes with the IHG Logo. Just a plain mastercard look on the card face.
I got one that's the same too - and when I activate it it said this:

Universal Prepaid Mastercard®

Your Mastercard Prepaid Card is convenient to use when shopping, dining out, traveling and more. You can spend it where Debit Mastercard is accepted. But why would you, when the participating U.S. merchants featured on this website give you 5% back*!
Does it mean that I can use it outside IHG?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:36 am

I got one that's the same too - and when I activate it it said this:

Does it mean that I can use it outside IHG?
I don't think so. I was trying to sign up for an online course where the fees are in USD. I used the card and was declined. I used another card and was approved. The website does not need 2-factor authentication for the transaction.

Subsequently, I used the same card at IC hotel in SG and transaction was successfully processed.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think so. I was trying to sign up for an online course where the fees are in USD. I used the card and was declined. I used another card and was approved. The website does not need 2-factor authentication for the transaction.

Subsequently, I used the same card at IC hotel in SG and transaction was successfully processed.
The previous IHG card said that if you used it outside IHG the card will be declined and it will be blocked for a period of time before it can be used again. How long did you wait before using it in IC SG?

The thing is the paper that the IHG prepaid card sticks on has an offer for 5% cash back in selected online shops in the US. You got that too?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 11:30 pm

The previous IHG card said that if you used it outside IHG the card will be declined and it will be blocked for a period of time before it can be used again. How long did you wait before using it in IC SG?

The thing is the paper that the IHG prepaid card sticks on has an offer for 5% cash back in selected online shops in the US. You got that too?
I can't recall the timeframe between the 2 usages, but should be within a month. I believe the IHG card face is no longer available and hence they use the existing cardface that they have. I doubt will earn the 5% cashback in selected online shops given that it cannot be used outside IHG. I didn't try once it was declined for the transaction outside IHG.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could it be your billing address doesn't match the address of the card? Apparently the registered address is used as verification of card holder identity when doing online purchases.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by KJR
Thanks very much. Really appreciate your input. When I log into the Prepaid Centre, the phone numbers shown are the same as the back of the card itself and the numbers are not recognised. Dead tone. You have now given me an email. I'll try that first. If no luck, I'll ask for the phone number you have. Thanks again Singapore friend.
Did you manage to contact them to get a replacement? I'm based in the UK also and it just comes back with "You have dialled an incorrect number" Trying the email to see if that works.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by shoven
Did you manage to contact them to get a replacement? I'm based in the UK also and it just comes back with "You have dialled an incorrect number" Trying the email to see if that works.

Problem solved I need to dial 00 before the toll number it run out in Feb and apparently there is a $3.95 per month fee to maintain the card and to avoid it don't wait to apply for a replacement.... oh well good to know if there is a next time.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:25 pm

Has the IHG prepaid card been discontinued in all catalogues / all countries?
​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.