Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Prepaid Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Has anybody had any joy using more than one Meeting Credits card to pay for a booking?

Unfortunately the hotel I'm interested in isn't contactable at present, but they are taking bookings online for when I'd like to stay.
I have not used the card for prepaid rates online. However, I have been able to use more than one card at check-out. I just asked the staff to process the amount that is available one of the cards and then use the other card for the remaining balance. I think it should be possible for the prepaid rates bookings. But I guess you will need to email the hotel separately to indicate the separate card number for charging of the room rate.
Old May 21, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by hclee01
I have not used the card for prepaid rates online. However, I have been able to use more than one card at check-out. I just asked the staff to process the amount that is available one of the cards and then use the other card for the remaining balance. I think it should be possible for the prepaid rates bookings. But I guess you will need to email the hotel separately to indicate the separate card number for charging of the room rate.
Ok that is useful to know, thank you!
Old May 21, 2020, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Has anybody had any joy using more than one Meeting Credits card to pay for a booking?

Unfortunately the hotel I'm interested in isn't contactable at present, but they are taking bookings online for when I'd like to stay.
Do you really want to prepay for a hotel room for a stay that may or may not happen, using two different cards? Any eventual refund would be a nightmare.

I would just book flex, then at check-in and then check-out just split the payment as required...
Old May 21, 2020, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Do you really want to prepay for a hotel room for a stay that may or may not happen, using two different cards? Any eventual refund would be a nightmare.

I would just book flex, then at check-in and then check-out just split the payment as required...
That is my exact intention. The stay will total over $1000 on the flexible rate I am booking. I just wanted to know if the hotels are ok with multiple cards to settle the final bill, which it appears they are! My bad for not wording it more clearly, I've only ever been charged at the end of a stay.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
My card expires the end of August and I can force myself to use it. Any way to extend the expiry date?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
My card expires the end of August and I can force myself to use it. Any way to extend the expiry date?
Saw this in the Cardholder Agreement that comes with the card:

Post-Expiration Card Issuance Fee
The Card expires after midnight EST on the last day of the month of the valid thru date on the front of the Card. However, the funds do not expire. After Card expiration, you may request a new Car with the remaining balance, minus a $15 issuance fee that will be deducted from the balance. The Card balance must be at least $15 to request issuance of a Card.
nacho and craigthemif like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:41 am
KJR

Programs: On Business
I had no joy using my prepaid MC in CP Brugge, Belgium last weekend nor HIE Arras, France. Both said they can only take cards with a chip. So I've not managed to use my card so far. Does anyone know if these cards are more-or-less ok in US and Canada? I have a booking soon at HIE Tremblant, Canada. Seriously hope I can use it there.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by KJR
I had no joy using my prepaid MC in CP Brugge, Belgium last weekend nor HIE Arras, France. Both said they can only take cards with a chip. So I've not managed to use my card so far. Does anyone know if these cards are more-or-less ok in US and Canada? I have a booking soon at HIE Tremblant, Canada. Seriously hope I can use it there.
I’m curious what your conversation with the front desk was like in Bruges.

We had no trouble using it in Australia in January. Also used on in Omaha, Nebraska in December.

I can’t believe there’s no way for them to take the card, which is issued by IHG. In the future I would call the number on the back of the card and make them figure it out.

We’re planning to use a couple of them in Bora Bora in March. If the desk doesn’t take them we’ll be having them hop on the phone to figure it out lol.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by KJR
If I am not wrong, the room reservation is able to charge to the card with "no card present" terminal. That is, if you have made the prepaid reservation online, they will charge to the card without the card present. In this respect, I am sure that there will be a terminal in the hotel that will be able to charge to your card, even without chip. I have no problems so far using in various hotels in Asia, such as Bangkok, Tokyo, Seoul and Singapore.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 1:55 am
KJR

Frontdesk at CP Bruges was helpful. They called the IHG number (took ages to get through) but upshot was that CP couldn't take the card because there was no pin. They even tried their in-house restaurant terminal to see if their system would take it but no. I asked if they could take the payment via another IHG hotel but they refused to try this. So haven't used my IHG pre-paid card yet. There isn't an email for customer services for the IHG pre-paid card that I can try ask is there? I can't find it.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by KJR
Frontdesk at CP Bruges was helpful. They called the IHG number (took ages to get through) but upshot was that CP couldn't take the card because there was no pin. They even tried their in-house restaurant terminal to see if their system would take it but no. I asked if they could take the payment via another IHG hotel but they refused to try this. So haven't used my IHG pre-paid card yet. There isn't an email for customer services for the IHG pre-paid card that I can try ask is there? I can't find it.
Not too sure if this helps. Did you try to reach out to IHG Rewards for assistance (Email: [email protected])? I did email them to check on the status of the card as it was taking more than 2 months and I have yet to receive it.

By the way, you can set up a PIN at the website:
https://www.myprepaidcenter.com/page/ihg-meetingcredits

I have set-up my PIN after registration and login, but so far, those hotels which I have used the card, there was no need for the PIN.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:08 am
KJR

Thanks hclee01. Have now emailed ihgrewardsclub. Thanks for info re setting up PIN in the Prepaid Centre. Think there's something wrong with that website today. I logged in and it says they are updating usernames to an email address. In order to complete the process, they want to send me a registration email. I confirm the email address but nothing has arrived in my inbox. Tried several times but nothing has come through, so I can't log into the Prepaid Centre. Have added this as a query to the email to ihgrewardsclub.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by KJR
Thanks hclee01. Have now emailed ihgrewardsclub. Thanks for info re setting up PIN in the Prepaid Centre. Think there's something wrong with that website today. I logged in and it says they are updating usernames to an email address. In order to complete the process, they want to send me a registration email. I confirm the email address but nothing has arrived in my inbox. Tried several times but nothing has come through, so I can't log into the Prepaid Centre. Have added this as a query to the email to ihgrewardsclub.
You are welcome. Did you happen to check your spam email box for that email? I am using Gmail and I did see the confirmation email coming in shortly after I confirm the email. After clicking on the email to activate the account, I was able to login to view the card details and setup PIN. This whole process was completed yesterday.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:59 am

Has anybody heard anything about the availability these cards recently? They seemed to have disappeared off at least the US and UK IHG catalogues.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Has anyone paid to extend the expiration date lately? I have a stay to use one on in April (rescheduled from last May) but the card expires 3/2021. Hoping to extend the expiration before the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.