Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

After a shooting at a Holiday Inn, should guests be compensated for the lock-down?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

After a shooting at a Holiday Inn, should guests be compensated for the lock-down?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Please let me know when I can stop banging my head against the wall.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Who would compensate you? The police that protected you? The hotel that did as the police asked? The criminal who wouldn't pay anyway? I suggest thanking the police and Holiday Inn management and be happy you weren't hurt. Move on with life.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
*/
Originally Posted by jtc246
Who would compensate you? The police that protected you? The hotel that did as the police asked? The criminal who wouldn't pay anyway? I suggest thanking the police and Holiday Inn management and be happy you weren't hurt. Move on with life.
Fortunately, I was not the guest as I am a local here. I know some guests were upset and not happy about the shooting. Thinking from the guest point of view, if these guests were staying at a Hampton by Hilton, the guest would have the option of using the 100% satisfaction guarantee. Does Holiday Inn offer a similar guest satisfaction guarantee? Read more: http://news.hampton.com/assets/HAMP/...0guarantee.pdf
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:32 am
Suspended

I'd be curious to meet those hotel guests who were not upset and happy about the shooting.
ceieoc and PiperAtGatesofDawn like this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
A shooting and demands for a satsifaction guarantee. That country is nuts.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'd be curious to meet those hotel guests who were not upset and happy about the shooting.
ceieoc likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP is absolutely entitled to compensation. He should file a claim with the shooter and threaten to file a SCC action if his claim isn't paid quickly.

Why anybody would expect the hotel to compensate them is beyond me and is exactly the kind of person nobody wants to do business with.

If the property has brand concerns, it may choose to do something in the way of a customer service gesture. But, compensation?

The alternative was not to evacuate the room and deal with the consequences, perhaps being shot.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ceieoc
*/
Fortunately, I was not the guest as I am a local here. I know some guests were upset and not happy about the shooting. Thinking from the guest point of view, if these guests were staying at a Hampton by Hilton, the guest would have the option of using the 100% satisfaction guarantee. Does Holiday Inn offer a similar guest satisfaction guarantee? Read more: http://news.hampton.com/assets/HAMP/...0guarantee.pdf
Sure Hampton has the unconditional 100% satisfaction guarantee. But I would seriously question the morals of anyone who tries to invoke it when the hotel had absolutely nothing to do with the bad stay. It is meant to cover things the hotel has control over, that they can make better. Tell these other guests they need to move on and no compensation is warranted.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
OP is absolutely entitled to compensation. He should file a claim with the shooter and threaten to file a SCC action if his claim isn't paid quickly.<br /><br />Why anybody would expect the hotel to compensate them is beyond me and is exactly the kind of person nobody wants to do business with.<br /><br />If the property has brand concerns, it may choose to do something in the way of a customer service gesture. But, compensation?<br /><br />The alternative was not to evacuate the room and deal with the consequences, perhaps being shot.
I think we are talking about the same thing. What is the difference between offering a customer service gesture of reducing the room rate or offering IHG reward points instead of offering compensation by reducing the room rate or offering IHG reward points?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Moderator, can we please lock this embarrassing nonsense? Alert sent.
355F1 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP, I don't think you are going to sway anyone here so continuing this is really not worth it on FT. Have these other people call the hotel and see if they can get something, if not they need to move on. If they do get something they should probably buy a lottery ticket also as nothing is warranted. So I agree with LondonElite, this thread needs to end.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish the hotel would compensate me when some absolute moron decided to smoke in his room at 3 in the morning, setting off the fire alarm and forcing a total evacuation of a 15 floor hotel, right?
I wish they'd pointed out the self absorbed idiot to the hundreds of people freezing in the January winter night.
But they didn't.
Get over yourself. No compensation. Say thank you for the coffee and orange juice.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Every inconvenience in life does not come with a "You have passed Go,collect $200 as your reward" compensation.

People need to move away from this money grubbing compensation demanding culture that seems to have become more prevalent in the past 25 years.
MichaelBaku likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
A shooting and demands for a satsifaction guarantee. That country is nuts.
And he was not even a guest at the hotel.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

A hotel guest was discussing the shooting at a local coffee shop yesterday. I live here and was not a guest. To clarify, I am not the person requesting hotel compensation.

Last edited by ceieoc; Mar 31, 2018 at 3:22 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.