Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fraudulent IHG BPG and Lowest price promise!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Fraudulent IHG BPG and Lowest price promise!!

As an Ambassador Spire Elite member for 25 years I’ve never used price promise but, booked 2 nights at East Midlands express and found slightly lower price on booking.com. Sent claim form into Ihg but, owing to rate change before they found time to have a look at booking.com site they would not honour the Ihg terms and conditions. They say it only applies when they look at third party site but, if it’s 12 hours later as, in this case then, they will say, sorry rate is now higher on booking.com . Although I supplied evidence and Atlas who own the express agree with me, Ihg will not honour there terms and conditions of awarding membership extra points for the price being lower on a third party site.
So, beware.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It's not fraud, but I'm sure many of us would love for somebody to sue IHG over their BRG policy.

There's a long thread. You should read it...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ry-2016-a.html
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:40 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Yes, this is a standard rule on the big chain BRG policies, unless the BRG agent can see it when they check it’s no dice. SPG is particularly awful at this where it can sometimes take 72 hours to reach the top of the list!
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:36 am

Sadly this is the way it works with the best rate promises.

However if you have been in touch with Atlas directly and they have acknowledged the error have you tried asking them to match it locally? Any hotel can add thank you points to a guests account and adjust a rate at their end.

Ive found Atlas to be one of the better U.K. franchises and are usually quite happy to sort out problems without IHG getting involved.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's not fraud, but I'm sure many of us would love for somebody to sue IHG over their BRG policy.

There's a long thread. You should read it...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...ry-2016-a.html

Been there....done that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.