Indigo Bali Seminyak

Address
Jl. Camplung Tanduk No. 10
Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
Tel. +62 361 2099999

Mail: hotelindigobali.reservations [@] ihg.com

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hotels/gb/en/bali/dpsin/hoteldetail

Breakfast is USD 25 per person, but was discounted by 50% for Spire Elite (Feb 2019)

The preopening thread about this hotel could be found here:
Pre Opening Thread
Print Wikipost

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak (Master Thread)

Can anyone comment on this specific location within seminyak? Is this to far south? We want to be walkable to all the cool restaurants, coffee shops, beach bars, etc.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire elite, Qatar Privilege Club Gold, Hyatt Explorer, Nordic Choice Gold
If you consider Seminyak the place you want to be, then indigo has one of the best spots, not far away from La plancha, KuDeta, Potato Head. We did live there 1,5 years (in Seminyak I mean). All the beachfront resorts have their starting rate 300€ and up, so the price is not that high and the amount of points you need is a good value.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by mrandmrsvoyage
If you consider Seminyak the place you want to be, then indigo has one of the best spots, not far away from La plancha, KuDeta, Potato Head. We did live there 1,5 years (in Seminyak I mean). All the beachfront resorts have their starting rate 300€ and up, so the price is not that high and the amount of points you need is a good value.
I'm showing nearly 3 km's from indigo to potato head. That is considered close? Sorry I am unfamiliary with Seminayak.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire elite, Qatar Privilege Club Gold, Hyatt Explorer, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I'm showing nearly 3 km's from indigo to potato head. That is considered close? Sorry I am unfamiliary with Seminayak.

That is considered close, but if you wanna stay really close to potato head, then you must choose to go to W Seminyak instead.

But I would like to point out that the location for Indigo is brilliant, not overpriced at all.

Myself, I wouldn`t pay that much for a hotel in Bali, but for points stay it`s a good value. You can check the luxury doublesix hotel nearby or Anantara and compare prices.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Data Point: I was quoted $400 USD + 18% s/c for an upgrade from a Classic King points booking to a Villa with Private Pool. This is pretty much the difference in price on the website for the days I am looking ($323 USD vs. $733 USD).
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Just returned from a 3 day stay, here is a brief summary. Rates for our stay were about €275 a night so decided to book on points. Which was IMO a good deal. Location was very good, on the beach and enough restaurants and shops nearby.

Place is brand new and they opened only about 90 rooms. Rest of the rooms will be opened by year-end. Also they are still working on the beach restaurant area (you will not hear noise in the room). Also the jacuzzi did not work yet. For the rest the property is pretty amazing. Nice pools and very nice rooms. Lots and lots of staff available, everyone super friendly. It was not busy at the hotel, I guess max 20 rooms occupied while its high season in Bali.

A few things I noticed:

Food and drinks

These are really expensive, stayed before in Nusa Dua at a the GH and their prices were much more friendly (and already expensive for Bali). Indigo should really adjust this. Breakfast is USD 25 pp ++. But they now offer a 50% discount, which is closer to reality. Breakfast was good, nicely presented. But USD 25 ++ per day is way too much.

Some other prices: 50.000 IDR ++ for a coke, 170.000 IDR ++ for a chicken salad and 135.000 IDR ++ for a Nasi Goreng (not even including supplements like a piece of satay). This may still seem cheap, but for Indonesian standards very expensive. I noticed that not many people ordered food/drinks at the pool area.

Rooms

Ours was very nice, but the standard room we got was rather small. Especially the bathroom. They use stone buckets for their shampoo and toiletsoap in the shower. I do not hope that a guest will drop this oneday as you will break your toe.

There is place for one extra bed in the room but they do charge a whopping 600.000 IDR ++ per night (including breakfast). This is pretty high.

Have not seen other rooms. It seems for families they do not really have rooms. However they do have some kids activities.

Staff

One word: superfriendly. But sometimes it feels a bit odd. There are so many people working at the property and each time a whole team is welcoming you it was sometimes a bit too much.

Do let me know if you need more info or pictures.
FLYGVA and bsdstone like this.

Last edited by EHAM1; Aug 27, 2017 at 3:17 am
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:04 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thank you for the first report.

I have moved the post after the opening and discussion of location to this new thread and also created a wikipost with a link to the pre-opening thread.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the update. Do you have status with IHG? Any Upgrade? I am staying here in a month.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:17 pm

Also stayed here this month.
Booked 6 nights using points, and as a platinum member, we were upgraded from standard room to the neighborhood.
Really enjoyed the property, I think in a year or so, it's going to be popular.
​​​
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thank you for the update. Do you have status with IHG? Any Upgrade? I am staying here in a month.
no status anymore with IHG, not worth it for me. And I had a room on the landside which was ok for me. Very quiet. I guess if you have a room closer to the sea (poolarea towards the upcoming beach club) you will have more street noise. As far as I could see when I was there these rooms are still under construction.

Last edited by EHAM1; Aug 27, 2017 at 3:20 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Anyone with recent stays there?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:48 am

Stayed here for two nights on points recently as a Plat. I booked a hotel transfer for 250K nett which I thought was reasonable. It had wifi although the password on the sheet they gave was incorrectly capitalized (Seminyak1 was written instead of seminyak1). Luckily, I quickly guessed that this was the problem and I imagine the hotel will eventually correct errors like these. I was upgraded to a King Bed Oasis although I'm not sure what the difference was other than a view of the secret garden pool. I was also granted 4pm late checkout as a Plat. Room is a spacious 50sqm with a large shower and no tub which I liked. Room has all sort of interesting locally inspired touches like coasters that combine together similar to a jigsaw puzzle to form Balinese motifs. The resort is very visually striking with a modern interpretation of Balinese culture. The resort is mostly a rectangle with a bulge in the center. The beach is across a small road from one of the narrow sides of the resort with the main pool and the yet to be opened sea breeze rooms closest to the beach. In the middle of the resort are most of the rooms and restaurants with the villas and spa farthest from the beach. I imagine few if any rooms have good ocean views though as most are several minutes walk from the beach. The location is excellent for beach access even if the hotel's segment of beach is relatively small as you can walk along the beach in both directions for a long ways. Seminyak beach also has spectacular sunsets. Unfortunately, traffic can be quite bad in Seminyak so a taxi to Jl. Petitenget where many of Seminyak's better restaurants are can be 30-45 minutes.

The main restaurant Makase has a modern Balinese theme like the rest of the resort. I had their interpretation of pork rendang with pork belly (200K). It was tasty although I prefer pork rendang without pork belly. Next to Makase is Pottery Cafe which has good espresso drinks although somewhat pricy at 65K. They also had a deal where you could get coffee + pastry for a similar price. My girlfriend tried the pastries which she thought were quite good although one day it took a long time to come as they had to make it freshly. The tree bar is outside next to Makase and has interesting cocktails although it closes at 11pm which strikes me as early. I used my welcome gift free drink here for a glass of sparkling wine which was good. Salon Bali the fine dining restaurant and Sugarsand, the beach club are set to open in Q2 2018.

The main pool is quite nice although somewhat shallow. There is also a kids pool and a pool by the secret garden. There is supposed to be a jacuzzi section of the main pool although it isn't operational yet. When were there the pool at most had a few people which was nice and plenty of loungers/daybeds nearby. After swimming for a bit I went to one of the semi-enclosed daybeds to enjoy a fresh coconut with rum (65K).

Service was really friendly and I definitely enjoyed my time at the resort. Using points it's a great value. It felt very tranquil which may have been because the hotel was relatively empty. However, I'm not sure it's a great value for $200-300 as Bali has many great relatively priced options. I think I would likely return due to the value on points and how much I enjoy the restaurants in Seminyak. Later I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua and the IC in Jimbaran which are older and very different resorts from the Hotel Indigo. Hotel Indigo is good if you want to spend some time at the resort and some time exploring Seminyak while the others are larger and more self-contained resorts.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by quant88
and the IC in Jimbaran
What would you advise for 2 days stay, Indigo or IC? I'm Gold Amb, so at IC gonna have a guaranteed upgrade. At the same time Indigo is a much better value on points (for IC I could use Amb cert instead).
I do not intend to pay the premium for Club benefits, so Club is irrelevant for the choice.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by barracuda93
What would you advise for 2 days stay, Indigo or IC? I'm Gold Amb, so at IC gonna have a guaranteed upgrade. At the same time Indigo is a much better value on points (for IC I could use Amb cert instead).
I do not intend to pay the premium for Club benefits, so Club is irrelevant for the choice.
I would recommend the IC if you plan on staying on property as I think it is somewhat more luxurious and the resort grounds are more spacious. At the IC I booked a Sinjara room and got upgraded as a Plat Amb to a really nice recently renovated duplex suite. I'm not sure if all of the rooms have been renovated yet though. The IC felt more like classical luxury with traditional Balinese touches while the Indigo like much of Seminyak was a modern fusion. I think the primary advantage of Indigo is being closer to the interesting bars, restaurants, and shops in Seminyak. I think they did an excellent job making the Indigo resort but Seminyak is quite developed so the available land is a kind of strange shape nestled in between two other resorts while the IC is older and is a nice rectangle with the long side next to the beach. If you look at satelite view on Google maps you can see the difference. Jimbaran and Seminyak are quite different and traffic in Bali can be bad so I would most likely choose based on location. Hope that helps.
cmcbugg and barracuda93 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:50 am

We are looking to book 7 days on points at any of the IHG Bali properties (2 adults + 2 kids & Spire Elite status)
Therefore a question to You, when looking at the Rate details actually at all of the available hotels there is a description
"maximum # of Persons per room allowed" = Max 3 person allowed
and... looking at the general IHG regulations concerning kids there is a statement
"Kids 12 and under stay for free when they share the guest room with an adult family member"
valid for "Asia, Middle East, Africa and rest of the world"
My question
the only rooms available on points are 2+1 only ....
will I face any problems if the booking will be made with 2 adults + 1 Child only instead 2 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.