FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak (Master Thread)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:48 am
quant88

Stayed here for two nights on points recently as a Plat. I booked a hotel transfer for 250K nett which I thought was reasonable. It had wifi although the password on the sheet they gave was incorrectly capitalized (Seminyak1 was written instead of seminyak1). Luckily, I quickly guessed that this was the problem and I imagine the hotel will eventually correct errors like these. I was upgraded to a King Bed Oasis although I'm not sure what the difference was other than a view of the secret garden pool. I was also granted 4pm late checkout as a Plat. Room is a spacious 50sqm with a large shower and no tub which I liked. Room has all sort of interesting locally inspired touches like coasters that combine together similar to a jigsaw puzzle to form Balinese motifs. The resort is very visually striking with a modern interpretation of Balinese culture. The resort is mostly a rectangle with a bulge in the center. The beach is across a small road from one of the narrow sides of the resort with the main pool and the yet to be opened sea breeze rooms closest to the beach. In the middle of the resort are most of the rooms and restaurants with the villas and spa farthest from the beach. I imagine few if any rooms have good ocean views though as most are several minutes walk from the beach. The location is excellent for beach access even if the hotel's segment of beach is relatively small as you can walk along the beach in both directions for a long ways. Seminyak beach also has spectacular sunsets. Unfortunately, traffic can be quite bad in Seminyak so a taxi to Jl. Petitenget where many of Seminyak's better restaurants are can be 30-45 minutes.

The main restaurant Makase has a modern Balinese theme like the rest of the resort. I had their interpretation of pork rendang with pork belly (200K). It was tasty although I prefer pork rendang without pork belly. Next to Makase is Pottery Cafe which has good espresso drinks although somewhat pricy at 65K. They also had a deal where you could get coffee + pastry for a similar price. My girlfriend tried the pastries which she thought were quite good although one day it took a long time to come as they had to make it freshly. The tree bar is outside next to Makase and has interesting cocktails although it closes at 11pm which strikes me as early. I used my welcome gift free drink here for a glass of sparkling wine which was good. Salon Bali the fine dining restaurant and Sugarsand, the beach club are set to open in Q2 2018.

The main pool is quite nice although somewhat shallow. There is also a kids pool and a pool by the secret garden. There is supposed to be a jacuzzi section of the main pool although it isn't operational yet. When were there the pool at most had a few people which was nice and plenty of loungers/daybeds nearby. After swimming for a bit I went to one of the semi-enclosed daybeds to enjoy a fresh coconut with rum (65K).

Service was really friendly and I definitely enjoyed my time at the resort. Using points it's a great value. It felt very tranquil which may have been because the hotel was relatively empty. However, I'm not sure it's a great value for $200-300 as Bali has many great relatively priced options. I think I would likely return due to the value on points and how much I enjoy the restaurants in Seminyak. Later I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua and the IC in Jimbaran which are older and very different resorts from the Hotel Indigo. Hotel Indigo is good if you want to spend some time at the resort and some time exploring Seminyak while the others are larger and more self-contained resorts.