Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extending Diamond status by purchasing Ambassador?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Two questions;

1. Where do I see the separate dates for Spire expiration and ambassador expiration?

2. I previously gifted platinum elite as one of my benefits, is this a one off or do I get this each year and if so when and how?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
I renewed my AMB status in November and the pack came through the door yesterday. On the downside, I only got 10k points when I went for the $200 option, so I will need to follow up for the missing 5k points. On the upside, I have a card that says I am Spire Elite Ambassador til Dec 2018 despite expecting to not renew Spire and fall to Platinum (not that I have found Spire to be much better than Platinum...)
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
How can one tell when Spire status expires if one is also Ambassador? Both the website and the app list my Ambassador expiry date only.
Bump. I don't see where folks who are AMB already are seeing their IHG level expiry date. TIA for any help.

Also, still errors every time I que up AMB renewal. I am starting to wonder if the reason I get errors upon trying to renew Ambassador is because even though I have an accelerate offer for renewing it JAn 1-April 30, it might be too far out with its May 31 2018 expiry date..?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Two questions;

1. Where do I see the separate dates for Spire expiration and ambassador expiration?

2. I previously gifted platinum elite as one of my benefits, is this a one off or do I get this each year and if so when and how?
1. There isn't a separate one. The old account page used to show both your elite and AMB expiry dates, however unless I'm missing something the new account page now only shows your AMB expiry date.

2. You should get a new choice benefit on status renewal each year. Mine did not automatically appear and I had to contact them to query it. It appeared soon afterwards though. If your one hasn't dropped into your account yet it's probably worth waiting until tomorrow now to see it it appears. As it's the 2018 choice benefit it should in theory be available tomorrow.

Originally Posted by DaveH
Bump. I don't see where folks who are AMB already are seeing their IHG level expiry date. TIA for any help.

Also, still errors every time I que up AMB renewal. I am starting to wonder if the reason I get errors upon trying to renew Ambassador is because even though I have an accelerate offer for renewing it JAn 1-April 30, it might be too far out with its May 31 2018 expiry date..?
IIRC you can only renew AMB about eight weeks in advance.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:07 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Happy new year everyone. I purchased AMB in September 2017 and only requalified to Gold for 2018, but it looks like I am still Spire. There is no expiry date of Spire.

(Slightly odd is that I was welcomed as a Gold member at a stay on 29th Dec, but I wasn't really listening and only realised when I was walking to the room... let's see what happens during my first 2018 stay)
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:16 am

This new IHG account design is the absolute worst. Apparently if I go to "Member Materials" I can see a Spire Ambassador" card with a "01 FEB 2019" expiry. Then there is an entirely separate Spire Elite card without any expiration date indicated at all?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:13 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by mster
This new IHG account design is the absolute worst. Apparently if I go to "Member Materials" I can see a Spire Ambassador" card with a "01 FEB 2019" expiry. Then there is an entirely separate Spire Elite card without any expiration date indicated at all?
Yes.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Seems that this sistem still works, although is obviously mistake ! I was Spire and didn't requalify during 2017. I renewed Ambassador in October and my account show Im still Spire. Of course there is no 25.000 points that comes with requalification but that would be too much to expect. I just check in in Holiday Inn Vienna and was recognized as Spire that comes with nice upgrade to Junior suite.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Still need 75,000 points for Spire by December 31 2017

Just looked at my AMB renewal from Fab 1 2018 - today Saturday January 6 2018.

"Keep Spire Ambassador status with 75,000 more qualifying points or 75 more qualifying nights before 31/12/2017."

Forgot where I parked my time machine unfortunately.

Oh well what do you expect from IHG ICT?

24000 points with a 5 K certificate plus 5K bonus on accelerate ( I can see that they will argue it is the same 5K) ....plus renewal of Spire - which I didn't come close to achieving - seems a steal.

Will be surprised if I get better than 19K net and Gold. LOL
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by doktor24
Seems that this sistem still works, although is obviously mistake ! I was Spire and didn't requalify during 2017. I renewed Ambassador in October and my account show Im still Spire. Of course there is no 25.000 points that comes with requalification but that would be too much to expect. I just check in in Holiday Inn Vienna and was recognized as Spire that comes with nice upgrade to Junior suite.
Either IHG is not aware of this, or far more likely they know, and aren't interested in re-programming the system, figuring there aren't enough members qualifying that way to worry about it.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Renewal Points Qualifying?

Does anyone know if the 5k, 10k, or 15k points vouchers for renewing Ambassador count as qualifying points? The reason I ask is my renewal kit came and it was missing the code to receive my 15k points for renewing. I have emailed Ambassador and they manually added to my account 15k points, but the adjustment is non-qualifying. Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by silverferrari
Does anyone know if the 5k, 10k, or 15k points vouchers for renewing Ambassador count as qualifying points? The reason I ask is my renewal kit came and it was missing the code to receive my 15k points for renewing. I have emailed Ambassador and they manually added to my account 15k points, but the adjustment is non-qualifying. Thanks!
They are non-qualifying.
silverferrari likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by chrism20
IIRC you can only renew AMB about eight weeks in advance.
My AMB expires April 1st, and It's already allowing me to renew.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:20 pm

My AMB is also up for renewal in a few days time…last year, my renewal also extended my Spire Elite for 12 months but a post on Loyalty Lobby last Nov suggests this was a glitch and no longer works now:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2017/11/14/...ion-to-choose/

Can anyone confirm for sure?

Also, does the AMB free night certificate now have the name of the member printed? Previously, it had a blank space to write the member name and number.

Mikee
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by mikeecix
My AMB is also up for renewal in a few days time…last year, my renewal also extended my Spire Elite for 12 months but a post on Loyalty Lobby last Nov suggests this was a glitch and no longer works now:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2017/11/14/...ion-to-choose/

Can anyone confirm for sure?

Also, does the AMB free night certificate now have the name of the member printed? Previously, it had a blank space to write the member name and number.

Mikee
renewed mine using points (24,000) on 26th December, my IHG rewards level still shows as Spire.
pack showed up yesterday and the free night cert has both name and member number on it along with expiry date of 01/2019

The new card is grey metallic and has Spire written on front along with Ambassador exp Mar 2019.

inside the much less substantial pack is a tailored letter offering just a 10,000 point reward, with a code that you enter much like the paper points certificates hotels used to issue at IHGrewardsclub.com/deposit

There no longer seems to be an option to gift platinum status!
hope this helps!

Just looked at your link and my pack looks just like the one in the picture although my card definitely says Spire and I didn’t meet the requirements to re qualify for Spire in 2017
mikeecix likes this.

Last edited by adobbing; Jan 28, 2018 at 1:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.