FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extending Diamond status by purchasing Ambassador?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:39 pm
adobbing

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by mikeecix
My AMB is also up for renewal in a few days time…last year, my renewal also extended my Spire Elite for 12 months but a post on Loyalty Lobby last Nov suggests this was a glitch and no longer works now:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2017/11/14/...ion-to-choose/

Can anyone confirm for sure?

Also, does the AMB free night certificate now have the name of the member printed? Previously, it had a blank space to write the member name and number.

Mikee
renewed mine using points (24,000) on 26th December, my IHG rewards level still shows as Spire.
pack showed up yesterday and the free night cert has both name and member number on it along with expiry date of 01/2019

The new card is grey metallic and has Spire written on front along with Ambassador exp Mar 2019.

inside the much less substantial pack is a tailored letter offering just a 10,000 point reward, with a code that you enter much like the paper points certificates hotels used to issue at IHGrewardsclub.com/deposit

There no longer seems to be an option to gift platinum status!
hope this helps!

Just looked at your link and my pack looks just like the one in the picture although my card definitely says Spire and I didn’t meet the requirements to re qualify for Spire in 2017

Last edited by adobbing; Jan 28, 2018 at 1:44 pm