Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Wellington Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
At least the hotel is open for guests. CP & HI AKL are both part of the government manged isolation and quarantine programme and so have been closed to bookings for months, and CP CHC is about to join the programme (from next week).
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Just booked for early Feb and it seems the Club will be open (from 1 Feb I believe).
Old Dec 25, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Eltham
Just booked for early Feb and it seems the Club will be open (from 1 Feb I believe).
That's correct - from 1 February 2022. I have a booking for mid-February so looking forward to checking it out.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: Airlines: NZ, VS, BA; Hotels: Hilton, IHG
Any recent visits/reviews? I see the pool will be closed for renovations until mid 2024.

If we get a room with club access, does that mean we don’t need to worry about getting a rate with breakfast included because we can eat in the lounge?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:38 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Phantomchickenz81
Any recent visits/reviews? I see the pool will be closed for renovations until mid 2024.

If we get a room with club access, does that mean we don’t need to worry about getting a rate with breakfast included because we can eat in the lounge?
it’s about time the pool area got renovated. The pool area hasn’t changed since the hotel opened as a Park Royal back in 1990
Old Aug 29, 2023, 8:35 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

You would be entitled to all the Club offerings which would likely mean breakfast, some tea time and evening drinks and nibbles plus likely coffee, tea and soft drinks throughout the day. Breakfast could be at lounge only (likely smaller offering than in main restaurant), but some hotels give option for Club guests to have breakfast at the main restaurant as well instead of the lounge, depends.

Definitely it usually makes no sense to book a Club with extra breakfast included, even though many hotels offer these rates.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

You can eat in the lounge. and it's likely the hotel will be happy to let you use the main breakfast restaurant if you prefer. i was more than happy with the relative quietness of the lounge in the mornings, and the breakfast offer was absolutely fine. - so I never put the alternative to the test.

The lounge itself is a very welcoming space in the evening: the first time I've been offered oysters in such a setting. I've no idea if this is regular thing.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’m contemplating a points stay.

any recent stayers that can comment on the rooms? What type of upgrade is likely gir Ambassador.

finally, if I stay on points, 4th night is free. Is there enough to do in Wellington (excluding wine related activities) for three full days of seeing the sites?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:01 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by beachfan

any recent stayers that can comment on the rooms? What type of upgrade is likely gir Ambassador.

finally, if I stay on points, 4th night is free. Is there enough to do in Wellington (excluding wine related activities) for three full days of seeing the sites?
This is an old school IC so the rooms are fine but not spectacular. IIRC they were renovated pre-COVID. You should get an upgrade to a Premium room. Don't expect a room with a harbour view, though you may get lucky.

I would say that two full days would be enough in the city itself, but with three days you can explore a bit more outside the city. It is easy to pad out your days by enjoying the many bars and restaurants in the city.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks!

I was contemplating the ferry to Pichon and back just for the ride but I’m hoping I could just do a boat tour of the sound that isn’t as long.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:53 am

I stayed there late October. Booked three rooms on points and all three were upgraded to premium rooms. Also received drink vouchers for everyone in our party. Rooms were very comfortable and with good view of the harbor.

We only stayed one night and definitely wish we had a little bit longer, but can’t comment on if three nights would be too long.

I was contemplating the ferry to Pichon and back just for the ride but I’m hoping I could just do a boat tour of the sound that isn’t as long.
You can take the ferry to Picton and fly back and enjoy the view both ways.
beachfan likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:29 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I found Wellington quite charming prepandemic,

I was herded through the sights with the whip cracking the cruise ship sheep but i wouldn't mind spending a couple days to relax and enjoy Cuba Street
NZ has many interesting places and Wellington could be a good base to start exploring from
https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-...zealand/places

Last edited by HadesNL; Nov 4, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
Stayed here last week for two nights on a point stay. Room was perfectly fine. I was told I got upgraded slightly, but couldn't really tell. I self parked instead of using valet and fair warning that is one of the tightest car parks I've ever seen. If you can get in on points it's a good central location for downtown activities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.