Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Barclay New York Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thanks MrsW and nicolas75 - it's definitely on the short list. Amenity/destination fee will be included in my booking which is another positive, rather than being slapped with it at the hotel.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
After my beloved NYC icon Iris Apfel passed away at age 102 on 1 March 2024
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_Apfel
I find myself unexpectedly making a return appearance at the hotel around end May,
i'll report back
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:35 am

I think the Club Intercontinental is not good. The quality of bar and restaurant is better.

The rooms have no noise insulation whatsoever. A common problem in US hotels, I know. And it's New York, I know. I used to live there. I don't mind a little street noise but it does not feel Intercontinental to me if I can hear anything my neighbor is saying or doing.

Would recommend going Kimpton or Hyatt in NYC.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ffgap
I think the Club Intercontinental is not good. The quality of bar and restaurant is better.
I didn't find anything wrong with the club lounge.

It's obviously not the club lounge in Paris, Berlin, Park Lane or ANA Tokyo, but the staff are smiling and attentive, the place is quiet and the breakfast is of good quality.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I didn't find anything wrong with the club lounge.

It's obviously not the club lounge in Paris, Berlin, Park Lane or ANA Tokyo, but the staff are smiling and attentive, the place is quiet and the breakfast is of good quality.
We gotta agree to disagree then.

I think the lounge is too dark and features food of poor quality.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by marbuck
Experience here has so far met/exceeded expectations. Hotel was proactive in offering IHG Platinum/Ambassador status benefits with a coupon for a snack and drink (and I think they also granted the 600 welcome points, though my understanding this should have been a one-or-the-other offer. Late checkout coupled with discount on Club access made that experience good value. The Club attendant was proactive in providing personalized service (including fiddling with the cap for my take-to-the-room coffee). It would have been even better if we didn't need to delay our flight to NYC and could have availed Club services on arrival (or even taken the 12:00 pm early checkin). Room is fine and most importantly my wife is happy with the environment
What was your guaranteed AMB upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.