Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport [SFO] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Does anyone know an email to contact the management/customer relations of this hotel? Or One Rewards' email...?

I am a Diamond member (earned) and was trying to contact this hotel but no response at all. Eventually, I had to cancel the booking, would like to speak to the management.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Had another stay last night, arriving a bit later than expected due to air traffic delays into SFO even though there seemed to no real issues weather wise.

No upgrade, no diamond welcome, no welcome amenity points or breakfast etc. Zero really. Going to kick up a fuss if I don't get my 600 points.

No issues with the 6th floor room, and the airport shuttle runs to just before 12:30am rather than 11:54pm last time I stayed. Handy as i got in just before midnight and would have had to pay for a cab or Uber
htb likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xenole
Had another stay last night, arriving a bit later than expected due to air traffic delays into SFO even though there seemed to no real issues weather wise.
Much of this week, the wind has been blowing in the opposite direction as usual, because of the storms. SFO can't accommodate nearly as high a rate of takeoffs/landings in that orientation, unfortunately.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:47 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Booked a reservation through Priceline for one night when we were overnighting in between United flights. Arrived at the hotel and they had no power and no plans whatsoever. They didn't offer us anything or gives us any options, except take us back to the airport. When we got back to the airport, more people were getting on to head to the CP. Driver took the $5 from each of them and didn't say a word about no power. We did once our bags were off and we were walking off. Driver was a jerk, and the shuttle sounded like it was falling apart.
htb likes this.

Last edited by KevinMD; Mar 15, 2023 at 2:54 am Reason: more info
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
No $5 fee for shuttle recently. Buffet breakfast in the back of the restaurant one morning and full menu the next day. Open at 6AM. The buffet was basic but perfectly cromulent. Scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, potatoes, pre-made pancakes in a chafing dish, refrigerator case of milk and yogurt, juice, fresh cut melon, assorted cereal and toast it yourself selection of bread, English muffins and some pastries. Self Serve Coffee from a big vat.
Sit down had a menu and nicer tablecloths and napkins, not too slow since I Was there early. Each had their merits. More Ketchup and condiments at the buffet, more variety and presentation from the menu.

I foolishly did not bring my LG remote for the TV to get it out of hotel mode. My upgraded suite had two nice LG tvs but neither would take my fire stick. Go through the motions of selection HDMI1,2, or 3 but doesn't find device.

Water pressure fine. Because I had a suite it was possible to run the heater in the room not currently occupied to have less heater noise.

Wifi worked and did not require constant signing in again .

Heres the thing, It is closest hotel to pedestrian walkway over the freeway to Broadway Ave shopping area which is of value to me, and price here including breakfast was $100 per night lower than Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites and Marriott. I am only IHG Platinum vs Diamond and Titanium for the others but I got upgraded to a suite. It might be an older hotel but its in pretty good shape and staff were friendly.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've had a suite upgrade 3 out of the last 4 times I've stayed there. Still think they're a bit overkill if by yourself and I've only ever used the lounge area for bags. Generally just stay in the bedroom unless I want the fridge and/or bathroom

Chose breakfast a couple of stays ago but didn't feel like it, so never bothered. The amenity points appeared on my account a day or two later perhaps in lieu of this.

I still wish the shuttle bus could have a sign in the front window saying the hotel name(s). Very hard to tell in the dark which of the black shuttle buses goes there if you can't see the side.

I did have a walk up the shopping street last time I stayed. Not masses there - banks; hairdressers; coffee shops including Starbucks, a CVS? etc. Short but sweet.
Didn't realise the train stops a block or so away from the bridge near the hotel. Handy for popping to and from San Jose etc.

Still, it's my go to SFO airport hotel. Works for me. It's clean and whilst staff and decor could be better, it serves it's purpose.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 11:34 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xenole
Didn't realise the train stops a block or so away from the bridge near the hotel. Handy for popping to and from San Jose etc.
Unfortunately, Caltrain only serves that stop on the weekends right now.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Rates here for April 3rd were $149, while on Super.com it was $62, so we booked that. Didn't bother with BRG. I'm an IHG Platinum so wouldn't have had breakfast anyway. Got a room on top floor, quiet enough. Older furnishings but really it's not that bad.
Checked in at 01:00, checked out at 09:00. Shuttles ran every half hour but we were coming in an Uber from OAK, leaving from SFO. We missed one shuttle to SFO in the morning, so we took an Uber that came immediately and was maybe $10-15 so might have done that even with the shuttle.
ARR72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.