Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport [SFO] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Thanks, I'll definitely consider the HI North. ^
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:13 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
and for a $60 entertainment card rate on the weekends, it's prety hard to beat, other than using Priceline.
As you seem to have first-hand information, will this rate yield PC points at this particular hotel?

Greetings - Dirk
Old Oct 1, 2010, 7:08 pm

Rejuvinating this thread. Some rooms x02 are loud, and feel like you are on 101. They have ear plugs in the room. This PLT got no benefits, unless being over highway is a benefit, and found the staff rude, curt, and uncaring. Stay elsewhere!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tinnub
Rejuvinating this thread. Some rooms x02 are loud, and feel like you are on 101. They have ear plugs in the room. This PLT got no benefits, unless being over highway is a benefit, and found the staff rude, curt, and uncaring. Stay elsewhere!
Were you on a high floor? That's really the only benefit they can offer you. You're lucky if you were given ear plugs...often when I stay there, I am not always afforded the luxury of the little amenity bag with ear plugs, etc. You're right that they don't really give any plat benefits, but come on -- many hotels with this high a turnover don't. We stay here frequently because their park and fly rates are the best of the IHG group of hotels around SFO, and they offer the most frequent shuttle service from SFO. They don't treat us "the best" however. But I get my stay credit, and we get to stack restaurant.com coupons at the restaurant, so I'm not complaining
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:17 am

Is this hotel particularly slow at posting stays? We checked out over a week ago and there's no mention of the stay on my account. It was an Advance Rate FWIW.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by honu
Is this hotel particularly slow at posting stays? We checked out over a week ago and there's no mention of the stay on my account. It was an Advance Rate FWIW.
Not in my extensive experience (probably about 20 stays here). Usually posts within 3-4 days, like most other hotels. Time for a ping to the service center?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
My experience was not too long ago. I checked in for a one night stay and was upgraded to a suite (I'm PC Plat, BTW) and in the room were an amenity kit including ear plugs, lavender mist linen spray and I think a sleep mask, too. The room was facing 101 and had some noise coming through the suite but when the HVAC system was on, it did drown out much of that noise unless, like the other poster said, a loud noise emanated from the highway (motorcycles, big rigs and such). I was still able to get some sleep and found that the front desk was courteous, though the encounter was brief and not extensive. I'd stay again but the shuttle ride to and fro the airport is a good 10-15 minutes so I'll have to factor that in. My overall experience has been positive. Not sure why they situated the hotel so close to the 101 but I'm sure it helped them in terms of visibility and advertising so that you can't miss it when you're in the area.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by F23Coupe
Not sure why they situated the hotel so close to the 101 but I'm sure it helped them in terms of visibility and advertising so that you can't miss it when you're in the area.
There is almost no land on which to build between 101 and the bay. The Four Points is practically on the freeway, but built with a lot more noise protection.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:54 pm

"Facebook Fans" special rate promo

I found it posted by them on Twitter, though

Facebook Fan Special Rates!!! Book now and Save up to 20% off. click here to book http://fb.me/Jk1TTHHQ

I always do park and fly here but for someone just doing an overnighter it might be useful.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Considering this property for one night. Any updates to the review? I am platinum; any benefits? How is the executive lounge on 10th floor? Have the executive rooms been renovated recently? Thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Parking options?

Will be staying there soon. I learned they charge $ 18.00 / day for parking.
Anyway to get around/lower that? Would not mind street parking, even if I'd have to walk a few yards (good excercise anyway)

Be glad to report, how loud/quiet my room will be.

Last edited by cesco.g; Apr 19, 2014 at 6:10 pm
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
That hotel is right next to a freeway off-ramp and the side of it adjoins a park with some ball fields. I don't think there really is any public street parking within walking distance.

You could look at BAP which is currently $9 a day, but this is the time of year that you might see a rate change for the summer coming up. It's next to the Hilton and on the Bay, but a 1.2 mile walk from the Crowne Plaza.
http://www.parkbap.com/rates.html
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Old run down, catering to a foreign (far east) tour group crowd.
And of course strong Airlines relations.

No Platinum benefits.

I have never ever heard a ball game from my room. You are also about 1000 feet from the runway path, though again I can't say this has been a major problem or distinction. It simply isn't a world class hotel, doesn't pretend to be. But it is 5 minutes to the terminal.

As recommended, go for a high floor.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reporting back: Room on 5th floor Northside constant noise from freeway, due to single pane window ( ..... llike wearing a bikini mid-winter in Ancorage ..... ). Otherwise room would be fine. Would not stay there again, as quiet sleep is not possible. Agent at check-out stated, that windows will be replaced in 6 months.

Not sure how much double-pane will help. Have seen triple-pane in similar circumstances in Switzerland/Germany, which takes care of the job.

Theoretically, there is street parking across the fwy off Broadway, like to the South/behind the Audi car dealership (Caroline Street?). However, open spaces were few, probably due to adjacent apartment complex. I lucked out though and saved the $ 18 - incl a 5 min walk on a pedestrian bridge across the freeway.
Area felt safe to walk, even in the evening.
Also saw some airline crew rolling their bags across to the Westside/Broadway. Was wondering, where they were going? Local residents using the shuttle to get home?

Last edited by cesco.g; Apr 26, 2014 at 10:54 am
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dlwalt
Last night my flight to SFO to MFR flight was cancelled and UA put me up at the SFO Crown Plaza. I am on the 9th floor and it seems that the freeway traffic is right outside my window. When I walked into my room, I thought the windows were open, but they weren’t. I have never stayed in such a loud hotel.
I stayed on the 10th floor of the said property last week. I also did the same thing, i.e. checked if the window was open. As far as I remember, I saw a note on the window saying "this window is permanently closed" or something.

I stayed there several times in the past years and always on the freeway side, but I don't think it was that noisy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.